My Sister Arrives In Chiang Mai Tomorrow........

theblether

Peppermint Cafe (or Coffee House) is a decent place to eat out for both Thai and Western foods. Casual and tasty, beer and half decent wine, not expensive. Doesn't look much but you know what they say about books & covers 'n all that:

chiang_mai_7.JPG

Located about here: 18.788441,98.990888 (up Ratchadamnoen a bit on the right).

• Like 1

feeding the fish at Tha Pae Gate. 10 baht a packet.

just walking the moat is fine too. group tourists get guided tours at somphet market from somewhere. they all seem totally enthralled at that experience.rolleyes.gif

thai cooking classes are very popular to in the ratchdamnoen - ratvithi roads area.

Edited by john baah jumper

Drat. coffee1.gif alt=coffee1.gif>

LIAR ...

... there is no way transam is drinking coffee at 7 in the evening ... even on a Tuesday (which it's not!)

Word has it, it's a cup of Earl Grey. biggrin.png

Edited by Morakot

LIAR ...

... there is no way transam is drinking coffee at 7 in the evening ... even on a Tuesday (which it's not!)

Yes I am a Grey Earl, but don't spread it around. smile.png

• Like 1

LIAR ...

Yes I am a Grey Earl, but don't spread it around. smile.png

http://public.oed.com/early-grey-the-results-of-the-oed-appeal-on-earl-grey-tea/

5/- a pound you do have expensive tastes.

So up she turned with family in tow, then we had a minor calamity, Bangkok Airways had left one of the bags in Swampy. To be fair to them they knew they had done it and were waiting by the carousel to tell my sister.

I had a tuk tuk waiting, a friend of mine, and I sent the niece, nephew and BIL away to the hotel in that so that they could get a taste of transport Thai style. It took ages for the paperwork for the missing bag to be completed and eventually me and my sis wandered in to the hotel, got them checked in and nipped round to Mad Dog for last orders.

The last I saw of them they were walking over to 7/11 and stealing themselves for a walk along the Ladyboy gauntlet. The Ladyboys gather at the Moat in that vicinity. I think they would have been stuck to each other like glue, their noses bothering them as to what these creatures look like in the flesh. I think my niece may be a bit jealous of the them when she sees them. Women are always amazed at their dress style and legs

Anyway, talking about niece, it was her bag that went missing, the one with the cosmetics and various bits of female weaponry. I don't think she will have slept last night worrying about her bag, and wondering about how she was going to compete with the Katoey contingent.

Oh well, that's the evening gone.......now they are going to take a casual walk around the city today. River views, Warorot Market, no doubt a few temples too. We'll start to head out to the main attractions tomorrow.

As for me, I couldn't get a footwear onto my left foot, I was a braw sight standing at the airport with one flip flop on and bandages all over my right foot, and a single black sock on the left foot disguising the worst of the damage. I bet I'm on someone's FB feed now, weird farang at CNX.

I don't care, I had to be there to see my sister in. Happy days smile.png

Edited by theblether

With all your leg injuries you and Eeek should get together. She gave a blow by blow account of her leg problem a year or two ago. Hope hers is better now and that yours recovers. I still say go to the hospital. You both would be able to wear about it in Gaelic.

Edited by harrry

So up she turned with family in tow, then we had a minor calamity, Bangkok Airways had left one of the bags in Swampy. To be fair to them they knew they had done it and were waiting by the carousel to tell my sister.

I had a tuk tuk waiting, a friend of mine, and I sent the niece, nephew and BIL away to the hotel in that so that they could get a taste of transport Thai style. It took ages for the paperwork for the missing bag to be completed and eventually me and my sis wandered in to the hotel, got them checked in and nipped round to Mad Dog for last orders.

The last I saw of them they were walking over to 7/11 and stealing themselves for a walk along the Ladyboy gauntlet. The Ladyboys gather at the Moat in that vicinity. I think they would have been stuck to each other like glue, their noses bothering them as to what these creatures look like in the flesh. I think my niece may be a bit jealous of the them when she sees them. Women are always amazed at their dress style and legs

Anyway, talking about niece, it was her bag that went missing, the one with the cosmetics and various bits of female weaponry. I don't think she will have slept last night worrying about her bag, and wondering about how she was going to compete with the Katoey contingent.

Oh well, that's the evening gone.......now they are going to take a casual walk around the city today. River views, Warorot Market, no doubt a few temples too. We'll start to head out to the main attractions tomorrow.

As for me, I couldn't get a footwear onto my left foot, I was a braw sight standing at the airport with one flip flop on and bandages all over my right foot, and a single black sock on the left foot disguising the worst of the damage. I bet I'm on someone's FB feed now, weird farang at CNX.

I would dump your sis in the Central Department store or something big like that.

Deactivate the collar and take your brother in law and nephew out for afternoon bar hopping.

• Like 1

I would dump your sis in the Central Department store or something big like that.

Deactivate the collar and take your brother in law and nephew out for afternoon bar hopping.

If you dump the sis in Central be sure to deactivate all cards/

• Like 2

With all your leg injuries you and Eeek should get together. She gave a blow by blow account of her leg problem a year or two ago. Hope hers is better now and that yours recovers. I still say go to the hospital. You both would be able to wear about it in Gaelic.

I thought eek was driving a Benz now-a-days?

Could be wrong ... rolleyes.gif

I thought eek was driving a Benz now-a-days?

Could be wrong ... rolleyes.gif

Wouldn't blame her after her bike experiences. Haven't seen her much here lately. There were times she was nice company to have on TV.

Edited by harrry

Nice day out..

http://blueelephantthailandtours.com/

Elephant ride,hill tribe, bamboo raft ride and lunch

CCC

I did something like that when I first came to Thailand (not the Hill tribe though) ... quite enjoyed it.

I took control of the raft and quickly collided it with a rock nearly capsizing it and two Jap tourists.cheesy.gif

Talk about death stares for the rest of the journeyw00t.gif

Also stopped of at the elephant dung/ paper factory and an Orchid farm.

In all about a 600bht for the day.

CCC

feeding the fish at Tha Pae Gate. 10 baht a packet.

just walking the moat is fine too. group tourists get guided tours at somphet market from somewhere. they all seem totally enthralled at that experience.rolleyes.gif

thai cooking classes are very popular to in the ratchdamnoen - ratvithi roads area.

the guided tours of the market could be part of the cooking class experience.