Walen School of Investing - learn how to make money and have a better life!

MacWalen

Walen

Here is how to quiet your critics.

1. Start a new thread and call it Walen's stock picks.

2. Post each share purchase your propose stating the buy price, time and date of purchase. Of course this post must be made on the same day and shortly after you claim to have made the trade.

3. Post each share sale you propose stating the sell price, time and date of sale. Of course this post must also be made on the same day and shortly after you claim to have made the trade.

4. Post a weekly summary of your profit and loss.

If you show real results trading the SET then the enrollments will follow. If you don't then...I guess it is back to peddling loop hole visas...

Are you a bit dense?

The OP has now stated many many times that this is NOT about stock picking, it isn't investment ADVISE, it is about educating people on the basic fundamentals of investment and how to understand the stockmarket and everything that that entails etc.

Can you really not understand the difference?

Edited by Pattaya Pat

• Replies 835
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Phronesis, you have missed totally the point of the school. I teach how to invest, students make their own investment decisions, I posted school's portfolio in this thread but you probably just opened the thread and went to the last post without reading previous comments? I guess that is what you have done otherwise you would have noticed that there is an example of the schools portfolio with the current status. Actually a few examples.

Also I really do not care about my critics, they will criticise no matter what I do, that must be the most annoying part for them. I know what I am doing and those who are interested have a choice. They can learn investing and get rich, or perhaps learn trading and in most cases lose money. The choice is theirs. Thanks for contributing.

Macwalen

I will save you the trouble of running your courses.

If any TV member wishes to PM me I will provide them (free of charge) step by step instruction of how to invest in any asset class they wish to identify.

Can you also please PM the details of your schools public liability policy so that I can review it to see if it covers the provision of investment products.

Seems you are not getting it.

Sent from my GT-I9190 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Oh ....I get it...

Your school, that has to have public liability insurance in place to meet the registration requirements of the MOE, is now offering investment products.

PM me a copy of your PL policy so I can assess the risk of purchasing your product.

After all, assessing risk lies at the very core of successful investing does it not?

I am not offering any investment products. I have not indicated in any of my posts that I was. I teach investing, that's all I do. Is it so hard to understand?

Here you go. We have another competitor who will be teaching about all assets groups. It is getting better and better. Xan you do it better than Paddy for example? Or are you one of his mates he mentioned earlier?

i will check in a few hours again whether the duel MacW/PaddyJ is going on. if that is the case i will invite both to settle their differences

venue: my backyard

date: August 15, 2013

time: at sunrise

weapons: heavy sabres

rules: sine sine (no protection)

first aid: provided by my gardener

Gentlemen, you are hereby served!

Thankyou, I feel privileged to be put right at the front of the queue to fight Walen, there are so many others you could have chosen, but you decided to choose me.

However, my formidable arsenal of skills doesn't include traveling back in time, so I will have trouble making the August 15th date.

Risk management though is in my arsenal of skills and that says never risk all, so sabres are out. It will have to be unarmed combat, UFC style.

sorry, people who retired nearly a quarter century ago have no idea about dates, weekdays or months wai2.gif

Take note paddyjenkins, a true TV big dog has spoken.

UFC, UPS, KFC.... now I am totally confused.

Oh ....I get it...

Your school, that has to have public liability insurance in place to meet the registration requirements of the MOE, is now offering investment products.

PM me a copy of your PL policy so I can assess the risk of purchasing your product.

After all, assessing risk lies at the very core of successful investing does it not?

Dear Lord, bore off will you.

I know you think you are coming across as all bright and intelligent, but you are making yourself look like a tool.

• Like 2

Oh ....I get it...

I know you think you are coming across as all bright and intelligent, but you are making yourself look like a tool.

On this subject, not too me. What is wrong with questions?

Oh ....I get it...

On this subject, not too me. What is wrong with questions?

But the OP isn't selling any tangible product nor is he offering to personally squander other peoples 'millions' either. He will impart his KNOWLEDGE in a CLASSROOM for a nominal STIPEND and one can either take notes, learn something or snooze. What one chooses to do with any knowledge is entirely up to the individual.

Nowt wrong with questions unless they are bloody silly ones.

You're being a bit harsh. The people who would typically sign up for a course such as this may not be too smart, and to an accomplished professional like you they may seem like silly questions when in fact they are genuine.

• Like 1

If you show real results trading the SET then the enrollments will follow. If you don't then...I guess it is back to peddling loop hole visas...

Phronesis, update of Walen portfolio as of 9 Sep 2013. See the attachment. Enjoy. It is getting better and better.

post-46756-0-81066100-1378721345_thumb.p

Phronesis, update of Walen portfolio as of 9 Sep 2013. See the attachment. Enjoy. It is getting better and better.

Good work.. Nice to have over 80m baht to play with on 1 exchange. Out of interest how long has it taken to be up just over 4% ?

good luck.

Edited by Richie23

HI mr walen. just a question do you trade any other markets.

why do you invest in so many companies. wouldnt it be better to invest in less and get greater return. i think your portfolio is so diversified.

I did not invest in thailand cause it hit a 15 year high in may and its strange but i would rather invest heavily in the US and japanese. So far ive done really well.

Also why did you only start investing 2 weeks ago i think your a little late to the party.

You're being a bit harsh. The people who would typically sign up for a course such as this may not be too smart, and to an accomplished professional like you they may seem like silly questions when in fact they are genuine.

Not at all harsh. Nonsensical questions regarding demands for PL statements and requesting data for 'risk assessment'.... <deleted>!

These are the questions that TV 'experts' ask when they realize they haven't a bloody clue about half the business but won't admit that they are clueless and keep cadging for freebie info from a rather savvy OP.

Good work.. Nice to have over 80m baht to play with on 1 exchange. Out of interest how long has it taken to be up just over 4% ?

good luck.

The above is an example of someone cadging for information just to see if how they compare.

why do you invest in so many companies. wouldnt it be better to invest in less and get greater return. i think your portfolio is so diversified.

I did not invest in thailand cause it hit a 15 year high in may and its strange but i would rather invest heavily in the US and japanese. So far ive done really well.

Also why did you only start investing 2 weeks ago i think your a little late to the party.

And here is another 'savvy investor' cadging for some 'insight' from the OP because maybe that investor thinks he may have missed something? The blagger doesn't even have a dog in the SET but can't forgive himself the 'ive done really well' pat on the back.... but not so sure if he has done as well as the OP?

Ah... the insecurities of securities.

The avarice of the antagonists here is soooo palpable.

• Like 1

Not at all harsh. Nonsensical questions regarding demands for PL statements and requesting data for 'risk assessment'.... <deleted>!

These are the questions that TV 'experts' ask when they realize they haven't a bloody clue about half the business but won't admit that they are clueless and keep cadging for freebie info from a rather savvy OP.

Extremely harsh. Why would anyone apart from MacWalen even worry about what people are asking .... <deleted>! Do these questions really upset you?

Come on mate, you've been on this forum for years .... grow some skin.biggrin.png

good luck.

The above is an example of someone cadging for information just to see if how they compare.

And here is another 'savvy investor' cadging for some 'insight' from the OP because maybe that investor thinks he may have missed something? The blagger doesn't even have a dog in the SET but can't forgive himself the 'ive done really well' pat on the back.... but not so sure if he has done as well as the OP?

Ah... the insecurities of securities.

The avarice of the antagonists here is soooo palpable.

What about those “cadging for “ a copy of the contract?

Showing actual results is a good first step. Unfortunately, 2 weeks is not really useful, actually it is worse since some people might think it means something when obviously 2 weeks performance is meaningless.

Secondly, in order to really make sense of the results and to be fair you need to show what the market overall did during the same period of time. You don't mention exact dates but counting back "2 weeks" from the date of the post I see the market run up about 10% during that period vs. your 4.5% (ex. commissions). is that about right?

if the OP could PM a copy of the proposed contract to me, I will undertake not to

( a ) discuss the contents within this forum

( b ) make public any subsequent communications or discussions between the OP and myself regarding any variations or deletions that may be agreed regarding the terms and conditions.

I also agree that by receiving a copy of such contract in advance of the seminar, this is merely for personal reference only.

Showing actual results is a good first step. Unfortunately, 2 weeks is not really useful, actually it is worse since some people might think it means something when obviously 2 weeks performance is meaningless.

Secondly, in order to really make sense of the results and to be fair you need to show what the market overall did during the same period of time. You don't mention exact dates but counting back "2 weeks" from the date of the post I see the market run up about 10% during that period vs. your 4.5% (ex. commissions). is that about right?

Rambling, if you were able to get it exactly right I would call you a prophet. The shares I bought corrected more than the market so they have a higher upward potential.

Haven't you numkins got anything better to do than that flog this to death? I'm suprised it hasn't been locked already.

Fwiw I PM'd the OP for info a few days back but didn't even get a reply, which kind of makes all this nonsense even more bizarre.

I missed your message, replied already.