Walen School of Investing - learn how to make money and have a better life!

MacWalen

• Replies 835
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I say Asiantravel let them do it. No argument against it. I dont do the seminar to make a lot of money. Im rich enough and don't really need to do anthing. I love the topic, I find it fascinating. Thats why I want to share my knowledge and skills. If they have different or better options Im totally fine with it.

Sent from my GT-I9190 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Does your arrogance know no bounds?

GrantSmith, do you have some personal grudge or whatever relating to my person? Where on earth you see me being arrogant? The guy wants to learn for free so let him do it. I dont mind. Not everybody in this forum is so poor or so price sensitive. You obviously are having some issues but it does not work and certainly does not discourage me. If anything you contributed and encouraged me. I must say thank you.

Edited by MacWalen

Im rich enough and don't really need to do anthing.

Can't you just give us the lowdown now and enlighten us, MacWalen.

If this is your status, why bother with seminars. Spill the beans now and I'll invest a healthy amount in the Thai economy and ensure it doesn't fail within the next six months as it appears destined to be without your help.

GrantSmith, do you have some personal grudge or whatever relating to my person? Where on earth you see me being arrogant? The guy wants to learn for free so let him do it. I dont mind. Not everybody in this forum is so poor or so price sensitive. You obviously are having some issues but it does not work and certainly does not discourage me. If anything you contributed and encouraged me. I must say thank you. Sent from my GT-I9190 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Personally MacWalen, I don't know you. Do I want to meet you? I wouldn't lose sleep over it if we never crossed paths. What I take offence to is, your broadcasting of your "assumed" wealth which somehow deems you capable of preaching to the masses - in Pattaya (to which, you conveniently failed to answer this question earlier) for a fee - about your assumed wealth and how, they too, can do it.

I'll back capitalism 'til the buffalo come home, and I applaud your other exploits in language education. You saw a niche and went after it, I tip my hat to that.

As I said before, I take offence to your sheer and absolute arrogance when talking about your "assumed" wealth, and how this somehow deems you an authority on the subject.

I've offered my insight as to what should be deemed legal with regards to what you are proposing. Disregard at your own loss, realised or not.

14 pages of free publicity. Smart guy that Macwalen laugh.png

Not really free when you're a sponsor of the forum tongue.png

But Macwalen hasn't paid a penny for this thread and your combative replies just keep spreading his name all over the 'net cheesy.gifclap2.gif

Its stupid to think all publicity is good publicity. Bad publicity is bad. I had once thought that if I keep visiting Thailand that I might want to learn Thai. Previously I may have chosen the Walen school as I had seen it advertised. Now there is no way in a million years. As for investment advice, well, I know infinitely more than he does so I would never have considered his course, but I would also strongly advise anyone I know to stay away.

How many people on this thread have expressed genuine interest in this course? Even if there had been one or two early on (possibly stooges) I doubt they would still be interested.

In fact, I even said to a friend after reading this thread that literally anyone can market and make money from investment seminars. I said given some of the truly atrocious quality out there that people may be paying for why don't we produce something genuinly good, it would be very easy, very little work. These are ex hedge fund and bank traders and we all just trade for ourselves now, mostly "young" semi retired. But my friends are above this kind of thing, so no interest, but I still might so something....Im not above it, especially if it takes away from the cowboys and shysters.

Paddy, I say do it. We will create a bigger market. Regarding Walen School, we have great many happy customers and more coming, and we continue to build new schools so nothing to complain about. Some people don't like me and I try to win them over. I like making friends.

Now when I started I will not be suprised if many wanted to copy me now, why not earlier? Because my idea may not be so stupid after all? I started advertising already and I suggest you do too if you mean what you say. If you do not get the message out there that Paddy with his mates will be teaching investing not many will join as they will not know you exist. I suggest you teach trading with your mates as I do not teach trading, point that you seem not be getting. I teach investing, that is not the same.

Edited by MacWalen

Paddy, there is no bad publicity here but good publicity, so it is all very good. Even you advertise to your friends so sooner or later I can do some business with them too. Im sure they have their mind and may see things in a different light. Your contribution is appreciated. Keep promoting.

You don't need details.

That about says it all.

I will teach what you need to know at the seminar. No need to be smart. I just gave a concrete answer. There are things I do not want to talk about in the public forum but will with paying customers.

I would like to ask that if people attend this seminar and they have paid their money will they then be allowed to ask questions?

I hope the audience is not expected to sit there and simply take everything that is being told as gospel?

And I would hope that questions from the audience are dealt with in a respectful manner by the seminar organisers and not with the hostility that has been shown by supporters of this seminar within this thread?

Don't be so silly, we can't ask questions, we are expected to pay the money and then just hope we hear something we haven't heard before.

Depending on you level, for most it will be things they have never heard before. This is a seminar for people who wish to learn about investing, not for those who know it already.

I'm also intrigued as to why MaWalen himself is often as quiet as a church mouse and simply ignores many questions and requests? And yet another TV member seems to be far more interested in vigourously addressing people's differences of opinion regarding this seminar more than the original poster himself? It just seems very strange?

I do not spend all my time on TV so I reply when I can. I also do not need to address differences in opinions. I am looking for students who want to learn. If somebody things they know it all, or they would like to teach me, or they do not respect me and the like then obviously they will not be joining the seminar. Those who will trust me and join most likely do well. I have a unique teaching style. I don't just teach. I inspire.

Paddy, there is no bad publicity here but good publicity, so it is all very good. Even you advertise to your friends so sooner or later I can do some business with them too. Im sure they have their mind and may see things in a different light. Your contribution is appreciated. Keep promoting.

Yes, there is a bad publicity. Everytime you write a response you look even worse, that is bad publicity, you are becoming ever less popular. As for my friends (I didn't advertise your name by the way, I just said some cowboy), all my friends know a lot more than you so you wont be doing any business with them, they dont need you. You on the other hand need them, or just somebody to give you an education, but will unfortunately never get that help.

Yes, there is a bad publicity. Everytime you write a response you look even worse, that is bad publicity, you are becoming ever less popular. As for my friends (I didn't advertise your name by the way, I just said some cowboy), all my friends know a lot more than you so you wont be doing any business with them, they dont need you. You on the other hand need them, or just somebody to give you an education, but will unfortunately never get that help.

Paddy, that is a great pity indeed. No matter what I say you will turn it into something negative. If what I do works or not only time will tell I guess, but one thing is certain Paddy, you cannot discourage me as this is a rather difficult task. Also people can verify me but cannot really verify you so in the end I am more credible anyway. Those who join will benefit. I can also teach them to maximise their earning potential with additional simple business that definitely works and we will work as a team, much better results. Also I promote it in few languages which makes it more likely to work.

So how about you and your mates, will you also teach your trading strategies in Thai and Russian or English only? There is room for it as I do not teach trading but investing. Do you speak another language or just English? Living in Thailand speaking Thai helps a lot, especially if you want to do business here. I know you will not learn at Walen for the next million years but perhaps you are attending another school.

Edited by MacWalen

Paddy, that is a great pity indeed. No matter what I say you will turn it into something negative. If what I do works or not only time will tell I guess, but one thing is certain Paddy, you cannot discourage me as this is a rather difficult task. Also people can verify me but cannot really verify you so in the end I am more credible anyway. Those who join will benefit. I can also teach them to maximise their earning potential with additional simple business that definitely works and we will work as a team, much better results. Also I promote it in few languages which makes it more likely to work.

So how about you and your mates, will you also teach your trading strategies in Thai and Russian or English only? Do you speak another language?

If I go ahead then I would personally teach only in English but I will partner with others and we will offer in other languages, if I wanted that could include Russian as well as others

I dont think that would be ok. The info is for participants. Why would u like to do that? It might be distorted too.

I actually believe that education, any education, should be free. The end goal of all of this (ie our lives) is to make this world a better place and leave it in a healthier condition than how we received it (ie how it was when we were born, to how it was when we die).

So have a look around your classroom....and keep an eye on the "guy" taking many notes.

i will check in a few hours again whether the duel MacW/PaddyJ is going on. if that is the case i will invite both to settle their differences

venue: my backyard

date: August 15, 2013

time: at sunrise

weapons: heavy sabres

rules: sine sine (no protection)

first aid: provided by my gardener

Gentlemen, you are hereby served!

Just curious if I join this seminar and then publish all the information here on TV the next week is that okay with you?

There might be a clause in the contract you are required to sign regarding that. whistling.gif

Might be an idea for the OP to post the contract here to see what folk are getting into and perhaps save a wasted journey and 60 quid. thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

You don't need details.

That about says it all.

I will teach what you need to know at the seminar. No need to be smart. I just gave a concrete answer. There are things I do not want to talk about in the public forum but will with paying customers.

Okay but can you at the very least please answer the question I have asked you more than once but which you have failed to even respond to? At what stage are you prepared to provide a copy of the document which you say is a contract that people will be expected to sign ? This presumably will contain exclusion clauses and conditions? What happens if someone reads it that does have legal knowledge and refuses to sign it. Will you deny entry to the seminar ?

Anyone who just turns up at the door and signs the contract then, without having read it OR properly understanding it (and possibly even first asked for someone with a legal background to check it before the date of the seminar ) first would be very unwise ( i.e. always read the fine print !! )

If people are not used to reading contracts you could insert all kinds of provisions which would may not be readily apparent if people just quickly sign a document at the door. And people should be given a copy of what they sign.

Why won't you address this question?

Edited by Asiantravel
  • Like 1

i will check in a few hours again whether the duel MacW/PaddyJ is going on. if that is the case i will invite both to settle their differences

Thankyou, I feel privileged to be put right at the front of the queue to fight Walen, there are so many others you could have chosen, but you decided to choose me.

However, my formidable arsenal of skills doesn't include traveling back in time, so I will have trouble making the August 15th date.

Risk management though is in my arsenal of skills and that says never risk all, so sabres are out. It will have to be unarmed combat, UFC style.

Thankyou, I feel privileged to be put right at the front of the queue to fight Walen, there are so many others you could have chosen, but you decided to choose me.

However, my formidable arsenal of skills doesn't include traveling back in time, so I will have trouble making the August 15th date.

Risk management though is in my arsenal of skills and that says never risk all, so sabres are out. It will have to be unarmed combat, UFC style.

sorry, people who retired nearly a quarter century ago have no idea about dates, weekdays or months wai2.gif

• Like 1

What I consider is most unfair throughout this thread has been the attempt to belittle or ridicule some posters who have expressed their views or simply raised serious questions regarding the content of the seminar or the cost of the seminar (i.e. exactly what are you getting for your money) or the terms of a contract which people will be asked to sign etc.

The responses have ranged from an attempt to ridicule people because “ it is only 3000 baht “, to some supporters of the seminar even telling people to “ buzz off “ just for asking questions or even asking the moderator to remove their posts.

Even if the moderator were to do that, it certainly wouldn't absolve the organisers LEGAL responsibility to provide full and accurate information to all proposed attendees.

In fact The Consumer Protection Act B.E. 2522 as amended by the Consumer Protection Act (No.2) B.E. 2541 in Thailand requires the consumer to ask these questions for their own satisfaction before paying any money and for the provider of the services to also answer the questions fully and honestly.

This is clearly outlined on the website of the OCPB :-

5. The consumer must not easily believe the advertisement of product or service, and will have to study the other conditions and details of the product item or service which may not be shown in the advertisement due to such advertisement by the business operator mostly presenting the advantage and conditions benefiting to the consumer while not specifying the disadvantage. Therefore, the consumer should study and seek for more knowledge by asking the seller or manufacturing company.

The following statements shall be regarded as those which are unfair to consumers or may cause adverse effect to the society as a whole:

- Statement which is false or exaggerated;
- Statement which will cause misunderstanding in the essential elements concerning goods or services, notwithstanding it is based on or refers to any technical report, statistics or anything which is false or exaggerated;
- Statement which is directly or indirectly encouraging the commission of an unlawful or immoral act or which adversely affects the national culture;
- Statement which will cause disunity or adversely affects the unity among the public;
- Other statements as prescribed in the Ministerial Regulation. The business operator must specify the statement fully completed. In case of violation, it shall be subject to the punishment according to the law.

http://www.ocpb.go.th/ewtadmin/ewt/ocpb_eng/ewt_news.php?nid=11

Edited by Asiantravel

I dont think that would be ok. The info is for participants. Why would u like to do that? It might be distorted too.

I actually believe that education, any education, should be free. The end goal of all of this (ie our lives) is to make this world a better place and leave it in a healthier condition than how we received it (ie how it was when we were born, to how it was when we die).

So have a look around your classroom....and keep an eye on the "guy" taking many notes.

And I think that food and transportation should be free, therefore I'm going to steal everything that I can at the Rimping and bring it along in my carjacked BMW to feed my classmates at the Whalen Financial Symposium.

rct99q, I have a job for an English teacher at our Walen branch in Pattaya, more and more students learning English. Would you be willing to work for free? I will provide you work permit and insurance and pay your tax. It would be along your stated beliefes. You can give education to those students for free and you will make the world a better place and you will make a difference. Do we have a deal?

• Like 1