Bangkok Restaurants For Singles

eagleone

Hi guys,

Which restaurants do you recommend for a single guy in Sukhumvit area? I prefer thai cuisine, but I'm all alone and I dont want to go to a restaurant packed with families and childrens. :o

Hi,

if you accept indian cuisine too, then the Rang Mahal at Hotel Rembrandt, Sukhomvit Soi 18 (27th floor). Very good and not expensive. There you can have menue from 950 Baht++.

Hi guys,

Which restaurants do you recommend for a single guy in Sukhumvit area? I prefer thai cuisine, but I'm all alone and I dont want to go to a restaurant packed with families and childrens. :o

If you are single and not a kid right out of school, you do benefit from staying in a hotel on Sukhumvit Road, especially on the low number end (Soi 4 to Soi 19.)

You asked for places to eat, on Sukhumvit Soi 5, go to the Foodland Supermarket. Believe it or not, good cheap food prepared right in front of your very eyes. Most of the customers will be foreignors (Farangs) or some adult locals. Rarely do you see children eating there. Both Thai and Western food served there.

Just past the Foodland Supermarket (Sukhumvit Soi 5) is the Fortuna Hotel. The Fortuna Hotel (1200 - 1300 baht per night) has an "all you can eat" buffet every morning. The cost of this buffet is 119 baht and it is open to the public. I don't remember too many kids in there with their parents, a few "girl friends" sometimes.

Kind of hard to avoid some places with families and kids. A cheap hotel that caters to Farangs may not have a lot of children as guests. The Sukhumvit Crown Hotel (between Suk Soi 6 and Soi 8) is like that. They have an all you can eat morning buffet and most of the other meals are okay.

Personally I usually eat in the same places most of the time in Thailand, even McDonalds and Burger Kings, it's food - it fills the belly, that's what is important!

hotel is full of single traveler ! hotel restuarant is good bet .

i will miss ' Cabbages and Condoms' I got a dreadfull meal there 2 years ago ( service / food ) !

i went to the Rang Mahal ( Hotel Rembrandt ) it was ok , happy to try but will not rush again , i went to the buffet ( only sunday ) not sure what happen there weekday !

emporium have few place , plus coupon foodcenter where you will feel welcome !

Hi guys,

Which restaurants do you recommend for a single guy in Sukhumvit area? I prefer thai cuisine, but I'm all alone and I dont want to go to a restaurant packed with families and childrens. :D

why you wanna eat alone??? you have me ...hahahahahah :o:D

Hi guys,

Which restaurants do you recommend for a single guy in Sukhumvit area? I prefer thai cuisine, but I'm all alone and I dont want to go to a restaurant packed with families and childrens. :D

why you wanna eat alone??? you have me ...hahahahahah :D:D

Why not? I think that's a nice idea! If you are like your avatar, or your photo, give me your contact in Bangkok. We could discuss the details later... :D:o

Place I like to eat near Sukhumvit.

Soi 2

The Beirut Restaurant In Ploenchit Center , next to the Villa supermarket.

Also on Soi 2 is Pendalasco Italian.

Grand Majestic Hotel. Great Buffet for 350. Great Italian too!

JWMarriot Bakery.

Soi 3 has more middle east fare.

Soi 4

Steak One,

Hillary bar.

Checkers Bar for Fish+chips.

Soi 8 has a bunch of places

Soi 11 has a good German place and many many more. Good Thai at Rosabieng across from Ambassador.

La Piola is down there too. Yum!

Soi 12

Times Square has the best Chinese in town 4th floor.

Soi 14,

Suda, Thai Food.

Also another nice looking Thai place in a great looking Thai House.

Soi 16 has a bunch though I never go there.

Soi 18 and 20 also loaded with restaurants.

Soi 22 Larrys dive and Bourbon St are well known, Try the Cajun or Mexican.

Soi 23 Go look.

Soi 24

Emporium Food court or numerous places.

Just past 24 is a small Soi with SINGAPORE CHICKEN RICE,mmm

Soi 32 & 34, A cute cheap Thai place. 50 bt, good!

Soi 31

has some Italian places and more.

Soi 38 has some of the best food staands around.

Soi 49 is a good area to look.

Soi 51 has 2 european places at the end of soi, excellent lunch specials.

Soi 55

Huge selection of restaurants. Trendy area.

My favorite Thai place is down Soi 55/subsoi 13, don't know the name but full of Thai people.

Another favorite Thai Place is left on Wireless Rd., about 150 meters on left. No english sign out front.

The new Siam Paragon has a gourmet food ct on 4th floor and a load of food courts etc down stairs. They also has an unreal supermarket.

Every shopping center have a food court. Buy a coupon and choose from dozens of kitchens.Nice.

Man all this is making me hungry.

Edited by The Skipper

Place I like to eat near Sukhumvit.

Soi 2

The Beirut Restaurant In Ploenchit Center , next to the Villa supermarket.

Also on Soi 2 is Pendalasco Italian.

Grand Majestic Hotel. Great Buffet for 350. Great Italian too!

JWMarriot Bakery.

Soi 3 has more middle east fare.

Soi 4

Steak One,

Hillary bar.

Checkers Bar for Fish+chips.

Soi 8 has a bunch of places

Soi 11 has a good German place and many many more. Good Thai at Rosabieng across from Ambassador.

La Piola is down there too. Yum!

Soi 12

Times Square has the best Chinese in town 4th floor.

Soi 14,

Suda, Thai Food.

Also another nice looking Thai place in a great looking Thai House.

Soi 16 has a bunch though I never go there.

Soi 18 and 20 also loaded with restaurants.

Soi 22 Larrys dive and Bourbon St are well known, Try the Cajun or Mexican.

Soi 23 Go look.

Soi 24

Emporium Food court or numerous places.

Just past 24 is a small Soi with SINGAPORE CHICKEN RICE,mmm

Soi 32 & 34, A cute cheap Thai place. 50 bt, good!

Soi 31

has some Italian places and more.

Soi 38 has some of the best food staands around.

Soi 49 is a good area to look.

Soi 51 has 2 european places at the end of soi, excellent lunch specials.

Soi 55

Huge selection of restaurants. Trendy area.

My favorite Thai place is down Soi 55/subsoi 13, don't know the name but full of Thai people.

Another favorite Thai Place is left on Wireless Rd., about 150 meters on left. No english sign out front.

The new Siam Paragon has a gourmet food ct on 4th floor and a load of food courts etc down stairs. They also has an unreal supermarket.

Every shopping center have a food court. Buy a coupon and choose from dozens of kitchens.Nice.

Man all this is making me hungry.

LOL ok The skipper , now can you make a list for my area ?

balhampuu / wisutcasa ?

thank you

Hey, I LIKE to eat.

...like I was sayin', shrimp is the fruit of the sea. You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, saute it. There, uh, shrimp kabobs, shrimp creole... shrimp gumbo, panfried, deep fried, stir fried. There's pineapple shrimp, lemon shrimp, coconut shrimp, pepper shrimp... shrimp soup, shrimp stew, shrimp salad, shrimp and potatoes, shrimp burger, shrimp sandwich... that's, that's about it.