Russian police seize painting of Vladimir Putin in woman's underwear from gallery

webfact

The picture Putin wants to ban: Police seize painting of Russian president in women's underwear from St Petersburg gallery claiming it is 'illegal'
Painting shows Putin in a tight-fitting slip brushing the hair of Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev, who is wearing knickers and a bra
Russian police confiscated it, along with two other works from the gallery on Monday night after receiving reports they were 'illegal'

By DAILY MAIL REPORTER

MOSCOW: -- Police have seized a painting of Russia's president Vladamir Putin wearing women's underwear from a gallery, saying the satirical display had broken the law.

The painting entitled 'Travesty' by Konstantin Altunin, shows President Putin wearing a tight-fitting slip and brushing the hair of Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev, who is wearing knickers and a bra.

Police swooped on the Muzei Vlasti (Museum of Authorities) in St. Petersburg on the night of August 26 confiscating several art installations, including 'Travesty' which are to be checked for extremist propaganda.

A picture of the leader of the Russian Orthodox Church, Patriarch Kirill I, with his torso covered in tattoos, and two others poking fun at lawmakers who have backed legislation banning so-called gay propaganda, were also confiscated, gallery staff said.

Full story: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2403692/Russian-police-seize-painting-Vladimir-Putin-womens-underwear-claiming-illegal.html

-- Daily Mail 2013-08-28

Russian police seize painting of Vladimir Putin in woman's underwear from gallery

I understood the headline that the police seized the painting from some woman's underwear, the woman had a Putin fetish!

here's another thing to be amazed at....Can you imagine the size of her bum?!

I don't know which image is more offensive.......

attachicon.gifPutin.jpg

attachicon.gifMiley.jpg

Thanks, waza. Good pics, but resemblance is next to missing. In Putin's place I would order Police to give it back.

Miley Syrus looks more masculine than Putin and Medvedev put together.

Never liked her.

Better to steal songs than penises.

To me neither painting looks offensive, but Russian gays 'are not amused' by Legislation enforcement.

Edited by ABCer

Freedom of speech -> freedom of expression. Just because he doesn't like it, doesn't mean the painting is 'illegal'. If you want to become famous then not everybody is going to like you and you must accept that there will be some criticism. Once again the 'authorities' give the middle finger to the people of their country ! If he hadn't made a fuss then only a few Russians would have ever seen it, since he made a fuss the world's press have carried the story.

This is nearly as silly as coming down hard on some rodeo clown wearing a mask.

That isn't illegal.

However, it was rather racist.

Racist? This statement illustrates the real problem.

Not at all. One can have opinions and state them freely in a free society.

• Like 1

This is nearly as silly as coming down hard on some rodeo clown wearing a mask.

That isn't illegal.

However, it was rather racist.

Racist? This statement illustrates the real problem.

Not at all. One can have opinions and state them freely in a free society.

It's the thought process, not the utterance, that is crux of the problem.

Personally, I think all those who are upset with Putin for the gay propaganda law, should buy underwear with Putin's picture on it and wear them to the Olympics.

I wonder if they would check everyone?

Sounds about right for Russia. Artist fled Russia in fear for his life and is now seeking asylum in France. Putin is hard core as ever and you think he wouldn't hesitate putting some Olympian in jail for defying him or showing him up on his new anti gay policy.

MOSCOW - A Russian painter who depicted President Vladimir Putin and Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev as shapely and scantily clad women has fled the country and is seeking asylum in France.

“I am an artist, I want to paint, not be a prisoner,” the artist Konstantin Altunin said via telephone from Paris. He added he fled Russia on Tuesday in fear of his life after four of his paintings were seized from the recently opened Museum of Power in St. Petersburg.

According to the Museum of Power's director Tatyana Titova, a group of more than 10 security personnel carrying machine guns confiscated Altunin's paintings on Monday night and forced the museum to close.

“They kept me from six in the evening until one in the morning and asked me where Konstantin was ... but I did not tell them anything,” Titova said.

http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/08/29/20243996-russian-artist-seeks-asylum-in-france-after-painting-of-putin-in-lingerie?lite

Edited by F430murci

I expect he wants for himself, he has a rather large ego for a little man, reminds me of Napoleon, I wonder if he is left handed as well?

Napoleon was above average height, he got the reputation of being short because of a political cartoonist doing an illustration with Wellington towering over him.

The power of cartoons eh.