Once I forgot to bring a photo to immigration. My wife scrabbled about in her handbag and found a picture of us together.

She offered the picture to the Officer.

Without saying a word the officer trimmed the photo eliminating the wife from the picture. The photo was then attached to my form and the extension process completed.

As we were leaving the officer , with a big smile , said "don't forget the photo next time ! "

I just did a retirement extension and re-entry permit application yesterday in Hua Hin with a 4cm x 6cm photo stapled to each application, and both applications were accepted with no comment.

• 3 weeks later...

About the phone number: maybe you mix it up with TM47 (90 day report) which contains a field for the phone number.

Maybe one of the most needless fields.

Has anybody been called?

There is no field for the phone number on the TM7.

Just sitting over it.

May I abuse the thread to ask about the backside of the form?

Bit confusing...

A long line for "Address in Thailand".

Then "This application is written by": I will write my name, as I am applicant and writer in person.

Then again all the fields for the address.

So obviously I repeat my adress?

But what about the first "Address in Thailand" line ???

Edited by KhunBENQ

As long as you have the phone number somewhere on the back side of TM.7 it should be fine - I have done before getting there last 3 years at the top above address line and has always been accepted. I also fill in both address areas as I am the person making the application.

I just did a retirement extension and re-entry permit application yesterday in Hua Hin with a 4cm x 6cm photo stapled to each application, and both applications were accepted with no comment.

Do you think that there was no comment from the attending Immigration officer you dealt with because the size of the photos you provided were exactly the size required on the forms TM7 and 8 ?

Or, are you implying something else here that I have obviously missed?

Do you think that there was no comment from the attending Immigration officer you dealt with because the size of the photos you provided were exactly the size required on the forms TM7 and 8 ?

I didn't miss it.

I didn't miss it.

Well that helps Joe.

Any chance of being slightly more specific?

Maptaput certainly didn't bat an eyelid at the 3cm x 4cm photo I had stuck on the TM7 form applying for my latest retirement extension 2 months ago!

Back on topic, I suspect that a phone number is more likely to be requested for marriage extensions, bearing in mind that retirement extensions are usually processed on the spot if the requirements have been met. As, indeed, are tourist extensions as per the OP

Edited by OJAS