Cars dealers suffer from Yingluck's populist policy

webfact

My old car is for sale at 410,000 bht -Toyota Vios 5 years low mileage.

New Nissan Mitsu Honda eco start at that. so a glut of eco re claimed cars are on the market, 1 year old and have to sell at 350,000.

New customers wanting an economical car are not going to pay the same price for a 5 year old when they can have new, or lower if they take a second hand year old.

Car sales are going to have a big problem selling existing old stock. Thats apart from second hand more upmarket cars.

I got a second hand Nissan March push button start air bags -reverse back warning -re obstruction fogs--spoilers the lot. Why do you think I sold my Vios. ??

If something doesn't sell at a certain price then it's too expensive...so lower the price untill some one thinks the price is right and it will sell.

Maybe with all the extra cars sloshing around on the market the price of second hand cars will go down ???

Agreed, Just to add to my post, I bought my Vios new for 520,000 had it 5 years and I got about 350,000 and as I say the garage had it for sale at 410,000.

Don't forget 5 years lost 110,000 ??? in value.

This Vios in the UK new at 10,000 pound would be selling second hand around 3,000 pound. Was some money in it here, so suffer you greedy auto salesman, you also had your day so stop crying.

People are queuing up for second hand -1 year eco cars, because of the price.

• Like 1

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe with all the extra cars sloshing around on the market the price of second hand cars will go down ???

Not been in Thailand very long have you, and have no concept of Thai ecomomic's ?....in situations like this the price will only go one way.................UP

So sorry to say you will be riding your Motocy a little longer

I'm very happy to ride one of my 3 Motocy when ever I get the chance, sometimes though the Mrs insists we take the car.

As for Thai economics... well.. used cars and buildings from the 1997 crash seem to have something in common.

• Like 2

Never mind, the car dealers are just whining. The important people who matter cleaned up on the deal. That's all that's really important.

Not sure about "just whining" This morning I walked into the local Honda dealer and was offered financing on a new car without a Thai guaranty for the loan and before they had checked credit history.

Not been in Thailand very long have you, and have no concept of Thai ecomomic's ?....in situations like this the price will only go one way.................UP

I'm very happy to ride one of my 3 Motocy when ever I get the chance, sometimes though the Mrs insists we take the car.

As for Thai economics... well.. used cars and buildings from the 1997 crash seem to have something in common.

These are car dealers NOT Thai Airways, who increased their prices when in trouble with old aircraft it does not work.

SOME of these people will need capitol flow, so to get it when people are not buying-is to reduce the price, why do shops have sales to get shut of old stock, and get the till flowing.

Too true. No notion of liquidating slow selling merchandise. They'll keep it forever and will never take a loss.

Yes the low income people end up with a discounted car, but one they cannot afford so the debt of the poor goes up, eventually they realize they cannot make the payments and the car goes back, wonderful stuff. Its the same with property and other areas I expect because Thais have never been taught how to plan and budget, if they have any money they spend it.

an someone point me too all these bargin priced one year old eco cars, as I am looking - but not seeing much for sale.

Not a fat lot as yet in the BKKs and CM but going to north eastern cities the cars now are coming through from the de faulters. My reason is less money for monthly payments are mostly Rural.

I bought my second hand top range March-nissan, in Udon. but many are being taken out of the country and sold.

smutcakes, on 28 Aug 2013 - 17:08, said:snapback.png

gl555, on 28 Aug 2013 - 16:51, said:snapback.png

Broken and failed promises. Typical PTP. It also reflects greatly on the morons who keep voting for these bunch of idiots.

Where is the broken promise?

Improving the lives of poor people....poor people don't buy new cars.

If they do it lands them in big strife.

Hence the high level of private debt in this country.

Didn't I read somewhere that it was 80% of GDP?

Currently 64% i read today......but rising toward your 80% rapidly, no doubt !

New Nissan Mitsu Honda eco start at that. so a glut of eco re claimed cars are on the market, 1 year old and have to sell at 350,000.

New customers wanting an economical car are not going to pay the same price for a 5 year old when they can have new, or lower if they take a second hand year old.

Car sales are going to have a big problem selling existing old stock. Thats apart from second hand more upmarket cars.

I got a second hand Nissan March push button start air bags -reverse back warning -re obstruction fogs--spoilers the lot. Why do you think I sold my Vios. ??

If something doesn't sell at a certain price then it's too expensive...so lower the price untill some one thinks the price is right and it will sell.

I'm afraid that is not the Thai mentality. When tourist numbers drop, therefore profits, the hotels raise their prices to make up the difference. I think the auto dealers would rather take a beating than to sell for less than the premium they have become accustomed to and to which they have trained the public to expect. Just my observation.

• Like 1

I'm afraid that is not the Thai mentality. When tourist numbers drop, therefore profits, the hotels raise their prices to make up the difference. I think the auto dealers would rather take a beating than to sell for less than the premium they have become accustomed to and to which they have trained the public to expect. Just my observation.

I will agree normally, I get your point, BUT as things are at the minute with all this money flow problems and turmoil down the road, these are hard nut business people but money flow is their aim, with things in the balance here, the tide changes, it will start to become a buyers market, but not so quick, these people that had it good for so long, will crack under pressure.

Just an example if the Chinese decided not to enter these shores, the Hotel industry would have to lower it's prices, but when demand is there no reason to do that. Demand for high priced second hand will wane.

At least she fulfilled her promise to give a few kids some glitchy cheap tablets, that they can play with while the bookless school falls down around their heads. I think that fulfilled promise balances out the bad stuff, and makes the current TGV ride-to-oblivion totally okay, and also hasn't she got a luvverly smile.

• Like 1

The Lady is a politician only. She merely looks at baskets of ideas from think tanks and analysts, picks the ones that appear to benefit Her political party and with the backing of the MPs in the House, turns them into Law.

Don't expect much else from Politicians. Whatever their colours, they haven't a clue!

The Lady is a politician only. She merely looks at baskets of ideas from think tanks and analysts, picks the ones that appear to benefit Her political party and with the backing of the MPs in the House, turns them into Law.

Don't expect much else from Politicians. Whatever their colours, they haven't a clue!

Lolol.

Think tanks and analysts?

If she was a politician she wouldn't only attend parliament during full lunar eclipses.

Lolol.

Think tanks and analysts?

He means the tanks Yingluck had parked outside parliament, with sonic cannons on them, to encourage free democratic debate when her opponents were visiting last year.

wai2.gif.pagespeed.ce.goigDuXn4X.gif

Edited by Yunla

Watch this space, Thailand will become the hub of exporting used cars to neighbouring countries.

Sellers having trouble shifting overpriced secondhand motors? Oh dear, what a pity, never mind. They could try putting a price tag on them that roughly reflects what they are actually worth.

ahh so that would be two price tags one in thai one in farang (whatever language) more expense price even more me thinks.. ie thai logic

• Like 1

A million more cars, an equal amount of poorly and untrained drivers adding more gridlock to an already untenable situation. The second hand car lots are already seeing the results of this boondoggle. You not only have all the pathetic cars from the floods a couple of years back you are now getting the repossessed new cars that people ran out to buy so they could get 100,000 Baht from the government. They just failed to realize they had to pay for those cars. The banks are the only winners in this fiasco.

I'm not too sure about that.

The banks are now lumbered with a huge amount of nonperforming loans for cars and houses where people overstepped the bounds of their personal finance.

The people are unable to sell their cars for 5 years or they have to return the 100,000B in tax. So the second hand market will be either boom or bust

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Don't know about looking at baskets of ideas and picking ones out.

Now if it were a rack of clothes and a basket of shoes, the lady would have no problem.

She could choose from lots of colours and then get ready for the party.

A million more cars, an equal amount of poorly and untrained drivers adding more gridlock to an already untenable situation. The second hand car lots are already seeing the results of this boondoggle. You not only have all the pathetic cars from the floods a couple of years back you are now getting the repossessed new cars that people ran out to buy so they could get 100,000 Baht from the government. They just failed to realize they had to pay for those cars. The banks are the only winners in this fiasco.

I'm not too sure about that.

The banks are now lumbered with a huge amount of nonperforming loans for cars and houses where people overstepped the bounds of their personal finance.

The people are unable to sell their cars for 5 years or they have to return the 100,000B in tax. So the second hand market will be either boom or bust

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Don't worry forgiving these debts will be a PTP populist promise at the next election, plus a pre-approved credit card thrown in.

Edited by waza

Broken and failed promises. Typical PTP. It also reflects greatly on the morons who keep voting for these bunch of idiots.

They are not morons; they are simply uneducated, or more precisely poorly educated. And that's the way the governing elite wants to keep them. Don't ever have an argument with an Isaan farmer about how bad Thaksin was for the Kingdom or how bad the PTP's current policies are.

That is precisely why we call them morons.

• 2 weeks later...

The govt discount scheme on new cars has had both good and bad effects......

Take a look at this news item...

http://m.bbc.co.uk/n...siness-23859931

One thing it doesn't mention that may directly affect TV drivers is the time taken for insurance paid damage repairs.The resulting increased numbers of claims has created a massive backlog in the insurance approved repair shops...... People are waiting over six months to get some major repairs completed.