Philips razors in Pattaya

nong38

I have a Philips rotary razor and one of the cutters and foils has given up on me, is there anywhere in Pattaya that I might get a new electric razor or a set of cutters and foils? I dont live in Pattaya but will coming for about 10 days shortly and where I live, well I have never seen an electric razor here in Nakhon Sawan.

THanks for any help.

• 3 weeks later...

On Soi Town in Town off from Pattay Klang there is an autorized Phillips razor repair shop. Wouldn't hurt to check them out.

Whereabouts in Pattaya Klang is that? I know where Tops is and I know where BIG C is and Bukhao Road.

So suppose I was at the Beach Road end of Pattaya Klang and heading east,how far and right or left to Soi Town in Town?

Thanks.

@Nong..

Might be an idea, if you've not already done so to check out a website to check what replacement foil/head you need, model number, replacement part no etc.

Some of the parts can be quite expensive as I found out when replacing in the UK, I got them at Boots, there is a Boots in Pattaya but I don't know if they sell replacement foils/heads etc.

Why not try and buy the replacement parts via the internet if you can get them in time..

http://www.philips.co.uk/c/shaving%20heads/283213/cat/#filterState0=SHAVING_HEADS_SU_GB_CONSUMER%3Dtrue;compareState0=id0%3D%2Cid1%3D%2Cid2%3D%2CcompareView%3Dfalse;productState0=page%3D1%2Csort%3Dsubcat_asc_group

Edited by MB1

On Soi Town in Town off from Pattay Klang there is an autorized Phillips razor repair shop. Wouldn't hurt to check them out.

Whereabouts in Pattaya Klang is that? I know where Tops is and I know where BIG C is and Bukhao Road.

So suppose I was at the Beach Road end of Pattaya Klang and heading east,how far and right or left to Soi Town in Town?

Thanks.

Soi Town in Town is the soi that goes to Town in Town Hotel at the end. About 200 meters West of Sukhumvit. Not even close to where you are talking about.

Here's the approx GPS coordinates: 12.934032°,100.898083°

Here's a Google Maps Street View Link of the shop.

BTW, Tesco/Lotus do carry new razors in stock. I bought a new AquaTouch (Wet & Dry) for about 2600 baht, as I recall.

Edited by BB1950

After reading this thread I went to Soi Town in Town with my Philips Philishave shaver and asked if they could repair it. They looked totally baffled and had no interest at all. I am not sure what it is they do in there, but I don't think it involves repairing shavers.

@Nong..

Might be an idea, if you've not already done so to check out a website to check what replacement foil/head you need, model number, replacement part no etc.

Some of the parts can be quite expensive as I found out when replacing in the UK, I got them at Boots, there is a Boots in Pattaya but I don't know if they sell replacement foils/heads etc.

Why not try and buy the replacement parts via the internet if you can get them in time..

http://www.philips.co.uk/c/shaving%20heads/283213/cat/#filterState0=SHAVING_HEADS_SU_GB_CONSUMER%3Dtrue;compareState0=id0%3D%2Cid1%3D%2Cid2%3D%2CcompareView%3Dfalse;productState0=page%3D1%2Csort%3Dsubcat_asc_group

Thanks for that, unfortunately it does recognize my model number and the guide fails before it gets to the end! A set of foils and cutters in the UK was only £5 shy of a new razor. I had thought the more sturdy design of the Philips might be better with the humidity, time to think again.

Thanks.

Soi Town in Town is the soi that goes to Town in Town Hotel at the end. About 200 meters West of Sukhumvit. Not even close to where you are talking about.

BTW, Tesco/Lotus do carry new razors in stock. I bought a new AquaTouch (Wet & Dry) for about 2600 baht, as I recall.

My local Tesco is Nakhon Sawan does not carry them, so I will have a look when I come down to Pattaya next month in Tesco and Central. Is there a Tesco in Pattaya Nua?

Thanks.

My local Tesco is Nakhon Sawan does not carry them, so I will have a look when I come down to Pattaya next month in Tesco and Central. Is there a Tesco in Pattaya Nua?

Yes

• 1 month later...

The end to my search for the rcutters for a Phillips razor. they do have them on the 6th floor of Central but they are as predicted expensive, might as well buy a new one!

On my last friday I went to the Soi Buckhao Market with the wife and noticed a couple selling clocks and other electric products, here I found a re chargeable razor for 250bts made by SHENGFA and very good it is as well, better than the Phillips ever was comes with the adaptor, spare cutters and spare foil and a nice plastic box to keep it in, so if anyone is looking to replace an electric razor go and have a look, they stall is on the east side, just past the football shirt department.