Tony Blair confirms visit to Bangkok

webfact

Blair confirms visit to Bangkok
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Foreign Minister Surapong Tovichakchaikul, who is also a deputy prime minister, said yesterday that former British leader Tony Blair would definitely deliver a speech in Bangkok next Monday despite protests against him this week.

He also called on those protesting against Blair and the government's forum, "United for the Future: Learning from Each Other's Experiences", to become part of the solution, adding that the ministry was holding the forum so Thais could learn from other countries' experiences.

Though he did not wish to brand the protesters as people who wanted to drag society down, he said he really did not understand why they were against Blair so much. The former British PM has been widely condemned for his key role in the 2003 invasion of Iraq.

The protesters claimed that Blair was paid Bt20 million to deliver a speech - a charge the government has denied.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-08-29

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once again the Foreign Minister has defended the invitation to Blair and denied he is being paid only flights, accommodation etc.

He said he would not condemn those who demonstrated outside the British Embassy but could not understand why people were so against Tony. A little research would be in order and he might get it.

• Like 1

A kickstarter project has been started The Killing of Tony Blair

It's a film about how Tony Blair killed the Labour party, caused the deaths of hundred of thousands of people and made a "killing" from it all. (UK slang for lots of money)

Some estimates still have him earning in the range of 25 million per year from his "policies" in office.

Please help to expose this failed property developer/ex Prime minister by donating a little money to this project.

• Like 2

Once again the Foreign Minister has defended the invitation to Blair and denied he is being paid only flights, accommodation etc.

He said he would not condemn those who demonstrated outside the British Embassy but could not understand why people were so against Tony. A little research would be in order and he might get it.

Which is actually quite expensive when you consider his entourage, personal aids, personal protection officers from the UK police, private jet etc etc etc etc.

Blair does nothing for free.

• Like 2

While Tony Blair is in Bangkok, Yingluck will be in China. Soo disrespectful. But Yngluck has no choice. She has to leave Bangkok after she told the rubber farmers to go f... themselves and accept market prices for their rubber.

This will be a first....I am defending YK....not disrespectful at all...He is a former PM, she is a current...PM, dipolmatically no problem...

I do have 1 request....could the BiB be so kind as to release their collegues who they arrested for the Italian job, and tell them there is a British Gentleman with lots of money coming to Thailand who they could hold hostage for ransom and preferably not release him....tongue.png

• Like 1

While Tony Blair is in Bangkok, Yingluck will be in China. Soo disrespectful. But Yngluck has no choice. She has to leave Bangkok after she told the rubber farmers to go f... themselves and accept market prices for their rubber.

This will be a first....I am defending YK....not disrespectful at all...He is a former PM, she is a current...PM, dipolmatically no problem...

I do have 1 request....could the BiB be so kind as to release their collegues who they arrested for the Italian job, and tell them there is a British Gentleman with lots of money coming to Thailand who they could hold hostage for ransom and preferably not release him....tongue.png

Get your point on diplomacy but is this forum not her idea? She told the press that she had initiated it. Therefor I still believe she should be present.

• Like 1

The Dyson sales man......when I hear the name.... I was in Crawley U.K. at the end of 2002. Sitting in bar having dinner. The TV did not have the volume on. You only saw a guy talking, talking, moving his arms to underline what he was 'selling'. Mr. Tony Blair. The typical guy knocking (unasked) on your door trying to try sell you a vacuum cleaner. The old style 'foot-between-the-door' pusher.

Next day I read what the statement on TV was for; he was selling the start of that historic mistake war in Irak. Because weapons of mass destruction were found. George Michael made a song which was banned? The poodle dog of Bush? Okay, but now that chap comes to Thailand. To sell Dyson's?

UNBELIEVABLE such a type is still being wanted for speeches and still on free feet.

The Dyson sales man......when I hear the name.... I was in Crawley U.K. at the end of 2002. Sitting in bar having dinner. The TV did not have the volume on. You only saw a guy talking, talking, moving his arms to underline what he was 'selling'. Mr. Tony Blair. The typical guy knocking (unasked) on your door trying to try sell you a vacuum cleaner. The old style 'foot-between-the-door' pusher.

Next day I read what the statement on TV was for; he was selling the start of that historic mistake war in Irak. Because weapons of mass destruction were found. George Michael made a song which was banned? The poodle dog of Bush? Okay, but now that chap comes to Thailand. To sell Dyson's?

UNBELIEVABLE such a type is still being wanted for speeches and still on free feet.

Well it's a dirty job (being Thaksin's pawn) but someone gotta do it...

Quick and easy 20 million while visiting his old school mate Mark.

I think you will find that his Tonyness is not from the same school.

Blair though, is happy to take any piece of silver, whoever it is coming from. Highly suspect that the DL has slipped him a few quid. As for the FM not understanding why people are protesting against Blair, a quick google search should give him plenty of info.

• Like 2

I bet Blair doesn't even know the truth about what really happened here, if he does come then the PT clowns will probably present their skewed view of what happened and he won't even bother to check into the facts. Hey Blair, if you see this, why not talk to us here and ask us if what the PT tell you is the truth or not ?

Get your point on diplomacy but is this forum not her idea? She told the press that she had initiated it. Therefor I still believe she should be present.

Have to correct myself. Just read that Yingluck IS joining in the morning and will leave for China in the afternoon. She will be there when Blair is going to do his thing.