English tourist stabbed in the neck by drunken Thai man in South Pattaya

webfact

These are a few thoughts..... 1) Crime is everywhere in the world and Thailand is no different. The logic is--- more people = more crime. In the USA--

walking in the Bronx(as one reader mentioned) or Harlem in NYC or lets go to Los Angeles and go to east LA will

get you the same results or worse. So you have a British man walking late at night down a "questionable" soi in the

early hours of the morning and has a drunken Thai man bump into him, instead of trying to smooth things over, the

situation escalates where he is stabbed in the neck. Violence is never condoned in any situation and

why have a 'stubborn' I am better or bigger then you attitude?? Does not make what the Thai man did was right but

I would say Two Wrongs Don't Make a Right. The reality is that as Farangs this is not our country. Now lets post

some recent stabbings in England......

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2013/aug/04/man-arrested-stabbings-lancashire-caravan-park

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2013/jul/30/brixton-triple-stabbing-teenager-sister

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2013/jul/29/men-die-teenage-girl-injured-manchester-knife-attack

I can say that after reading about these recent stabbings in England it is very easy to have the same attitude about

England and English people. Is it right?? Of course not, just narrow minded thinking. England is a beautiful place

to visit and live and has alot to offer.(just like Thailand)

• Like 1

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thai Recession syndrome is spreading to the thais. They lashed out to us falangs.

A speedy recovery to the injured man.

What Thai recession?

So Thais are lashing out at English or Americans because their economies are great?facepalm.gif Get Real. cheesy.gif

This one http://dawn.com/news/1038992/thailands-recession-deepens Still laughing?

I think he mean't that Thais are lashing out because the cost of living here is going through the roof. Many Thais can't afford basic commodities and they take this frustration out on foreigners who can afford to go to other countries.

• Like 2

Thailand is becoming the toilet of the world.

Pictures like this, circulating around the world will only show how much hate there is for tourists.

Today I am more disgusted in Thailand than ever before!

Thailand has a lot of questions to answer, if it could be bothered or even give a rats ass !

Dear Mr Angry - please go home, wherever that is, I am sure no one will miss you with your appalling and biased attitude.

Tell em Robo.................. my "hero" clap2.gif

• Like 1

Thai Recession syndrome is spreading to the thais. They lashed out to us falangs.

A speedy recovery to the injured man.

What Thai recession?

So Thais are lashing out at English or Americans because their economies are great?facepalm.gif Get Real. cheesy.gif

This one http://dawn.com/news/1038992/thailands-recession-deepens Still laughing?

I think he mean't that Thais are lashing out because the cost of living here is going through the roof. Many Thais can't afford basic commodities and they take this frustration out on foreigners who can afford to go to other countries.

Thanks Mate... That what I meant. Thanks for your clarification.

Edited by Billy The Kid

As for all this BS about Thailand, there is a knife attack in UK every four minutes. I am pretty sure most of the 'victims' are British. You really think Thailand is that much worse?

Funny how I have lived here (Phuket) for 5 years, never been stabbed, never been beaten up, never been chased by crazy moped driver.

I am not saying this guy did anything wrong at all and I wish him a speedy recovery, but stop all this BS that Thailand is SOOOOO dangerous. I still think you are just as likely to find trouble in UK - either because you are drunk and not making the best decisions or you are just unlucky and in the wrong place at the wrong time. Stephen Lawerence mean anything to you lot??? 17 years later and the police still cant bring themselves to admit how wrong they got it.

G

You are a lot lot more likely to find trouble in the UK than Thailand, how many people, tourists or resident can go out and know when to stop drinking, very few I'll bet. Just do not get drunk and mind your own business, and you will be as safe here as in almost any country in the world.

The bloke was "minding his own business", he was walking back to his hotel with his wife!!!!

Look at the policeman giving him a cuddle. <deleted>.

What a shock for this couple, I wish you a speedy recovery Mr Strickleton. wai.gif

Yes, presuming this is the drunken clumsy knife wielding 'suspect' apparently the police don't feel to disturbed by his actions. huh.png

Every Day!!! There seems to be a tourist getting stabbed, killed, robbed, knocked off motorbikes in PATTAYA. Various national/international mafias in operation. Sorry I just don't see the attraction there. Its difficult to get around unless you know the routes of those red trucks. Beach chairs, umbrellas cost money and the hacklers are relentless with selling you everything from ped/manicures, ice cream, prawns, massages, live birds to set free. Just when you think its a nice sunny beach day not a cloud in the sky, within minutes all that can change and people begin running for cover

Thailand is becoming the toilet of the world.

Pictures like this, circulating around the world will only show how much hate there is for tourists.

Today I am more disgusted in Thailand than ever before!

Thailand has a lot of questions to answer, if it could be bothered or even give a rats ass !

Dear Mr Angry - please go home, wherever that is, I am sure no one will miss you with your appalling and biased attitude.

Is it any more appalling or biased than the treatment the Englishman received?

I think the culprit here should respect those people who are guests in his country.

Edited by jacko45k

Before the xenophobia posts start would just like to say 'Passers-by assisted the injured man' I'm guessing that some of these people were Thai so all faith is not lost yetw00t.gif

As for officer Somchai Dimwit, not quite sure what he thinks about those pesky foreigners.

Best not to guess when we don't know; lots of tourists in that area as well as Thai's. Hope his Mrs kept an eye on his wallet (sorry that may be construed as xenophobia!).

• Like 1

The cop and the drunk are good friends now and what the Thai person claims is always correct, your fighting not just a drunk, but the police and the whole country of Thailand are against you now.

Maybe they will warn some friends who will warn some friends?

Why would anyone in their right mind want to go to Pattaya???

WOW!! Is that a record?? Only 22 minutes for the "could happen anywhere" comment........clap2.gifclap2.gif

Well done Sir coffee1.gif

I think he meant "anywhere" as in; the Neck, the Back, the Stomach, the arse....

that sound it makes when it goes over you head..

• Like 2

The photo of the cop and the villain is an absolute disgrace and at the very least should see a complaint from the British Embassy!

Never mind the rights and wrongs of the incident itself - what sort of message is that photo sending out?

"The tourist police - your first friend in Thailand"

• Like 1

It's pointless using stabbing incidents in other countries to try and prove a point. Very few tourists to the UK end up with a knife sticking in them. Most stabbings in Britain are gang rivalry related, followed by incidents where the victim and attacker know each other (as in the examples already furnished by one poster). Tourists here are more vulnerable than expats because they believe the spin in the holiday brochures.

• Like 2

It's pointless using stabbing incidents in other countries to try and prove a point. Very few tourists to the UK end up with a knife sticking in them. Most stabbings in Britain are gang rivalry related, followed by incidents where the victim and attacker know each other (as in the examples already furnished by one poster). Tourists here are more vulnerable than expats because they believe the spin in the holiday brochures.

I think people do that to make stabbing of tourists by Thai's in Thailand more socially acceptable. A guy was stabbed in London so it is perfectly O.K for a tourist to be stabbed in Bangkok.

• Like 1

As for all this BS about Thailand, there is a knife attack in UK every four minutes. I am pretty sure most of the 'victims' are British. You really think Thailand is that much worse?

Funny how I have lived here (Phuket) for 5 years, never been stabbed, never been beaten up, never been chased by crazy moped driver.

I am not saying this guy did anything wrong at all and I wish him a speedy recovery, but stop all this BS that Thailand is SOOOOO dangerous. I still think you are just as likely to find trouble in UK - either because you are drunk and not making the best decisions or you are just unlucky and in the wrong place at the wrong time. Stephen Lawerence mean anything to you lot??? 17 years later and the police still cant bring themselves to admit how wrong they got it.

G

You are a lot lot more likely to find trouble in the UK than Thailand, how many people, tourists or resident can go out and know when to stop drinking, very few I'll bet. Just do not get drunk and mind your own business, and you will be as safe here as in almost any country in the world.

The bloke was "minding his own business", he was walking back to his hotel with his wife!!!!

I stand by what I say, but they will always be the odd exception. Neither you nor I know what exactly happened, or what was said, and by whom. Thailand on the whole is a very safe country to live in.

• Like 1

G

I stand by what I say, but they will always be the odd exception. Neither you nor I know what exactly happened, or what was said, and by whom. Thailand on the whole is a very safe country to live in.

Fair enough, point taken. But if we are to believe what we read (which is not always advisable in know) then there is absolutely no excuse for what happened to the English guy

Before the xenophobia posts start would just like to say 'Passers-by assisted the injured man' I'm guessing that some of these people were Thai so all faith is not lost yetw00t.gif alt=w00t.gif>

As for officer Somchai Dimwit, not quite sure what he thinks about those pesky foreigners.

Sorry but I lost all faith in Thai's quite a few years back. It is the most vicious and racist nation I have ever been to (I have spent several months in 25 countries from the US to the middle east, Europe and a year in India as well as living in SE Asia for the past 12 years). I am sure there must be some good Thai's but from my personal experiences over the past decade they are few and far between.

I regularly warn friends not to travel to Thailand, come to Cambodia instead, the hospitality here is amazing and the smiles are far more genuine.

Sadly my instant reaction to meeting any Thai now is one of complete distrust.

and yet here you are on Thai Visa?

Is Cambodia that boring?

You don like thai's or thailand, no one here misses you or wants you back, live in Cambodia and enjoy. Bye

G

Dont get your attitude G. Thai visa not not for your eyes only my son!!! Use some people skills.

WOW!! Is that a record?? Only 22 minutes for the "could happen anywhere" comment........clap2.gifclap2.gif

Well done Sir coffee1.gif

I think he meant "anywhere" as in; the Neck, the Back, the Stomach, the arse....

But not "his" brain....whistling.gif