Noise from farangs living in the next condo unit at 3:00 AM each night

paulsh

Living in Pattaya  

179 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The course of action in our condo would be firstly inform the tenants about the regulations, secondly inform them if the behaviour is repeated they will be refused access to common areas (such as the corridor leading to the condo unit they are renting). according The condominium act the management cannot refuse access to the condo unit, however as a penalty for not following the condo regulations, they can be refused access to common areas. Security and manager should be in place waiting for them when they come home at night and stop them at the gate.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 2 options you have are:

1. Grow a pair... confront your fear and go and talk to them. They might not be aware that they are annoying people and could modify their behaviour.

2. move out

This is just another example proving that its better to rent than buy in LOS. At least its easy to move on if your a renter.

• Like 1

The course of action in our condo would be firstly inform the tenants about the regulations, secondly inform them if the behaviour is repeated they will be refused access to common areas (such as the corridor leading to the condo unit they are renting). according The condominium act the management cannot refuse access to the condo unit, however as a penalty for not following the condo regulations, they can be refused access to common areas. Security and manager should be in place waiting for them when they come home at night and stop them at the gate.

You must be dreaming if you think this would be enforced.

• Like 1

The 2 options you have are:

1. Grow a pair... confront your fear and go and talk to them. They might not be aware that they are annoying people and could modify their behaviour.

2. move out

This is just another example proving that its better to rent than buy in LOS. At least its easy to move on if your a renter.

Second thread today to reinforce why it is foolish to buy property in LOS.

My mate in Australia had the same issue with young guys next door. Used to park his lawnmower under the guy's bedroom window early in the morning, after they had kept him up all night partying, fill it up with petrol and start it up on full revs. Then he would go out. They got the message after a while.

Don't know if this would work for the op, being Pattaya they would probably kill him and keep partying. whistling.gif

Friend of mine with the same problem used to play classical music very loudly. The yobs soon gave up.
  • Like 1

You could try playing music very loudly when they have gone to sleep. Then, when they come to complain, say you will stop playing loud music when they stop making a noise at 3am.

People playing loud music normally don't mind other people playing loud music. You could try opera.biggrin.png

It has already been enforced several times to my knowledge in my condo.

Why do you assume that everyone must have the same experiences, desires and thoughts as you do?

I'm assuming that your suggested condo law will not be enforced - nothing more.

... and you can say what you like, I don't believe it was ever enforced in your building.

As for your thoughts, dreams and desires - what do they have to do with the topic?

Edited by tropo

By the number of pages this thread has generated I think this is a subject very close to many expats living here.

In our condominium I am one of the "board" or "comittee members" stipulated in the Thai condominium act. In our duties includes enforcing the condominium regulations, if we do not enforce those regulations, we are subject to legal action from our co-owners. I can assure you if any1 acts in the way Paulsh describes in our condominium, exactly what I described will take place. In fact it has already taken place several times. Our condo has been through some rough times with shit like Paulsh describes but we went through hell and is now way better.

In the end it is the responsibility of the condominium manager and the condominium comitee or board whatever you like to call it (both comitee and mangager requiered by law) for all co-owners and co-owners teenants to follow the condominium regulations.

It works in our condo because we have a dedicated manager and comittee.

I would like to add that as a thank for our very committed chairperson of the board/comitee he has received numerous death threats, threats of bodily harm, simply verbal abuse and threats of physical abuse. On one occasion there was several bullets fired through his balcony living room window as a warning it is assumed.

If any1 needs some advice on the Thai condominium act and other laws concerning condominiums in Thailand you can contact me at ****Email removed, use PM function**** its all free.

Edited by metisdead
13) Not to post email addresses in posts due to potential spam problems.

I hate to be annoying, but this thing just bothers me. There is nothing wrong having a party on occasion, I was young too, but still if you did not know the condo regulations before moving in, please buy a tent and stay on the beach. That is our response to the idiots.

I tend to think and express myself in burst, thats why these things are coming in several different messages, sorry for that, (maybe this is abnormal and other people are more pacient, I just dont know).

Please be aware, there is no official Thai governmet translation to any language (including English) of the Thai condominium act. However there aer a large number of different "translated" version of the act. No translation to English of the act has ever been recognized by the Thai government. Bearing this in mind,using unoficall translations....