major police road blocks

stevenwalker211278

There was one between Ao Por and Bang Rong as well. I was waved through. I got an early warning from a Thai about the checkpoint.

They were probably looking for drugs.

Come to think of the checkpoints I have driven to in Phuket. Maybe 70% of times I have been let just pass the checkpoint. One time got a ticket for not having a valid license (which I had to go pay to the police station in Thalang). One time, without helmet, I got shortly schooled, but then let through without payment.

They police are straight, if you've done nothing wrong you wont have a problem. Same in any civilized country. As she says It's all for show.

Try Kalasiin to Khon Kaen. Every Monday morning they are out in force, numerous check points. Sometimes other days but less check points.

Paperwork all in order (remember you should have your passport at all times, but never been asked for) then no problem and never asked for any 'contribution'. biggrin.png

Of course that's getting close to the Laos border and they are probably looking for more serious stuff.

Another checkpoint today when I was going to Phuket town. I was not stopped, but there were couple of vans and motorbikes which went through the search.

so far i see ONLY check points for MOTORCYCLES, \never been stopped in the car an there is usually a lane for cars.

Talk about harassing the poor. Only the guys in cars can afford guns.

OPP having to carry Passport

A govt issued ID such as a valid driver's license is all that is required of foreign residents to carry. I would also keep a colour copy of the main page and visa / entry stamp.

Edited by MacChine

They police are straight, if you've done nothing wrong you wont have a problem. Same in any civilized country. As she says It's all for show.

Your missing the point....

If you've done nothing wrong thats all the more reason NOT to be searched by the police.....

"Papers Please" Nazi Germany... ring a bell, This sort of thing was common practice back then...

Is this what you want for Phuket?

• Like 1

Your missing the point....

If you've done nothing wrong thats all the more reason NOT to be searched by the police.....

"Papers Please" Nazi Germany... ring a bell, This sort of thing was common practice back then...

Is this what you want for Phuket?

It's not about "what you want for Phuket." It's about what you will get, and if you don't like it, you can leave, farang. Such is their attitude here.

Since when did you think you actually had any rights here, or input into the community, for that matter?

Eat, drink, shag, be merry, bask in the sun, enjoy life etc etc - anything that spends your MONEY - but don't think for one minute you are any better than a Soi dog here. smile.png

Edited by NamKangMan
  • Like 1