Majestic Grande review

hermespan

Superficial - haven 't actually stayed there, just inspected a bottom and a middle room.

I chose to not book for a week of work as appears impractical for business travellers...

1. Bed rather hard. Felt like a cheap matteess

2. Desk space very limited

3. Poorly illuminated

On the plus side adequete acces for taxis/van and down a quiet (?) so. Room safe.

Lobby marble and live piano playing don't impress me. I need space, light and functionality.

What do u expect.....the hotel is owned by Indian Tailors...lol! Stay away from Indian owned hotels like the Hilton In sukhumvit, the new Marriot In Sukhumvit, The Holiday Inn In Sukhumvit, The Novotel Ploenchit, The Grand Milineum at Asoke, The Westin Grande,The Rembrant, The Eugenia etc....alll are owned by Indians who themselves ar their ancestors started out as Tailors ripping off the tourists.

I hardly think you are qualified to judge a hotel you haven't spent one night in - it's a bit like criticising a car without having even driven it on the road.

I stayed a whole week in the Majestic Grande last year and was very satisfied - it's a very good, well-run four star hotel, and the breakfasts were excellent .

Re the Indian tailors 'ripping off the tourists' comment - you may like to check the Trip Advisor reports on this family which includes Majestic Tailors and Empire Tailors the latter who have been rated #1 shopping in Bangkok for a long time now.

Let's be fair on this forum please and avoid knee jerk generalisations.

• Like 1

I stayed a whole week in the Majestic Grande last year and was very satisfied

Can you comment on the noise from the motorway, and constant railroad noise (transporting industrial chemicals from the port)? Did you notice these at all? I assume a room facing east (onto Soi 2) would be preferable?

Let me also come to the defence of Indian businessmen. I like it if a place caters to Indians - better selection of vegetarian food. I see that the dinner buffet (THB500 or thereabouts) at AMARI ATRIUM includes not just Italian, but Indian dishes as well. But in general I find more delicious food and better value outside hotels. They are not in the food business except top end ones.

What do u expect.....the hotel is owned by Indian Tailors...lol! Stay away from Indian owned hotels like the Hilton In sukhumvit, the new Marriot In Sukhumvit, The Holiday Inn In Sukhumvit, The Novotel Ploenchit, The Grand Milineum at Asoke, The Westin Grande,The Rembrant, The Eugenia etc....alll are owned by Indians who themselves ar their ancestors started out as Tailors ripping off the tourists.

Well they did very well with their sewing to have hotels all over the world

http://www.millenniumhotels.com/

Not a lot to do with Indians I think, certainly nothing to do with the hotel operation

Not a lot to do with Indians I think, certainly nothing to do with the hotel operation

Edited by wordchild

Milllenium Hotels is a UK plc , the main shareholder is a Singaporean.

I stayed several times at this hotel.

I think it is a decent hotel in a good location.

I had no noise from the highway in my room but some rooms (even non smoking) do have a strong smell from cigarettes.

The room is basic but good enough for a reasonable stay.

The breakfast and diner buffet are good and not expensive.

All in all a good place for a few days of R & R

BTW I don't care who the owner is !

Edited by merijn
  • Like 1

Silly uninformed post. Mariott, Hilton, Westin, Holiday Inns have standards that are required to be met regardless of who may own the hotel.

Indians own a LOT of hotels around the world. Not all Indians are tailors out to sell you a suit.

I stayed in the Majestic Grande for three nights earlier this month. It's not a bad choice if you want to be in the lower Sukhumvit area. A little overpriced IMO. But nice room, nice bathroom, and decent WIFI. With only two elevators for twenty-plus floors of rooms, there can a wait for an elevator at times.

If the OP is looking for a hotel along Sukhumvit for a business stay and needs good computer connections, take a look at Amora Neoluxe Suites on Soi 31, Sukhumvit. I stayed there last year. It's a fairly new hotel, and nice and clean. Staff was friendly and professional. If you are a tech-geek, you will love the computer desk setup. It has a connection panel with power outlet, LAN and telephone jacks, and multiple connections (VGA, USB, HDMI, and other types)to the large flat-screen TV.

post-152848-0-52056200-1376702286_thumb.

They do have a small pool. They also have a small fitness room with treadmill, stationary bike, eliptical machine, several resistance machines, two benches, and a rack of light to medium dumbbells. The room also has a safe to store your valuables. The included buffet breakfast did have a not a huge selection but satisfied me.

From Amora Neoluxe Suites, it's a short walk to Sukhumvit Road with plenty of restaurants, pubs, and shops. If you take a left on hitting Sukhumvit a short walk brings you to Villa Supermarket. You are also approx equal distance (around 500m) from the Phrom Phong and Asok BTS stations. Also right next to the Asok BTS station is the Sukhumvit MRT subway station.

We always stay at a sister hotel, the Majestic Suites on Suk, between sois 4 and 6. Yup, that's right in the Nana plaza area, but the windows are double glazed and there are insulating shades. The rooms are small, but clean and have everything you'd want. Excellent staff and tasty breakfast. I just booked a stay for late Sept and looked at Majestic Grand also. Decided to stay at Majestic Suites because of about 1000 baht/night price difference.

The pool at Majestic Grand is amazing and the fitness center good. For me, one of the best things about stay at the lower-priced Majestic Suites is that you can get a day pass to the pool and fitness at Majestic Grand at no charge.

Incidentally, I've found the ethnic Indian manager of the Majestic Suites to be very accommodating and I expect whomever runs the Majestic Grand is the same since it's in the same family.

Oh, I can't figure out why they use the name Majestic "suites". We have yet to stay in a suite at that hotel. Actually the rooms are rather small, but very clean and comfortable with everything you need in a hotel room. (Ok, the desk is a little small, but we don't come to Bangkok to do major office projects in our hotel room.)

We always stay at a sister hotel, the Majestic Suites on Suk, between sois 4 and 6. Yup, that's right in the Nana plaza area, but the windows are double glazed and there are insulating shades. The rooms are small, but clean and have everything you'd want. Excellent staff and tasty breakfast. I just booked a stay for late Sept and looked at Majestic Grand also. Decided to stay at Majestic Suites because of about 1000 baht/night price difference.

The pool at Majestic Grand is amazing and the fitness center good. For me, one of the best things about stay at the lower-priced Majestic Suites is that you can get a day pass to the pool and fitness at Majestic Grand at no charge.

Incidentally, I've found the ethnic Indian manager of the Majestic Suites to be very accommodating and I expect whomever runs the Majestic Grand is the same since it's in the same family.

Oh, I can't figure out why they use the name Majestic "suites". We have yet to stay in a suite at that hotel. Actually the rooms are rather small, but very clean and comfortable with everything you need in a hotel room. (Ok, the desk is a little small, but we don't come to Bangkok to do major office projects in our hotel room.)

maybe the only disadvantage of the Majestic Suites is the fact that it is difficult for taxi's to stop when they drop you of or to pick you from there as there is officially no stopping in front of the hotel

Otherwise no complaints.And off-course good location for partying.

A review from somebody who has not stayed there.

Is anybody taking this, and the OP, seriously?

Not really.. Though I think his 3 points aren't that unfair.. The standard rooms probably aren't what a business traveller needs.

maybe the only disadvantage of the Majestic Suites is the fact that it is difficult for taxi's to stop when they drop you of or to pick you from there as there is officially no stopping in front of the hotel

Otherwise no complaints.And off-course good location for partying.

I always get the taxi to stop in the petrol station or Nana Hotel carpark and lug my bags through the scrum on the corner..

I hardly think you are qualified to judge a hotel you haven't spent one night in - it's a bit like criticising a car without having even driven it on the road.

I stayed a whole week in the Majestic Grande last year and was very satisfied - it's a very good, well-run four star hotel, and the breakfasts were excellent .

Re the Indian tailors 'ripping off the tourists' comment - you may like to check the Trip Advisor reports on this family which includes Majestic Tailors and Empire Tailors the latter who have been rated #1 shopping in Bangkok for a long time now.

Let's be fair on this forum please and avoid knee jerk generalisations.

Have to agree with the comment on the quality of the hotel - for the price is is very good. Well it was when I stayed there a few years back. I don't have any recent experience but was more than satisfied at the time. Can't comment on breakfasts as normally either get up too late for them or leave before they serve ;-)

Silly uninformed post. Mariott, Hilton, Westin, Holiday Inns have standards that are required to be met regardless of who may own the hotel.

Indians own a LOT of hotels around the world. Not all Indians are tailors out to sell you a suit.

Yes I agree. Besides, who cares what nationality they are? This isn't something that has ever bothered me. For a hotel, I look at the facilities, cleanliness, comfort, location, price and quality of service. If the staff are black, blue, Indian, English, Thai or whatever, I care not one jot. So long as the service by them is good why should I?

Re tailors you're right - never quite worked out why there aren't many more decent Indian restaurants in BKK to satisfy all those drunk Brits!