good place to buy a bicycle?

stevehaigh

feelin' like some excercise

where to buy a bike?

Very good bike shop not far from Chalong circle, coming from homepro turn left at the circle, bike shop is approx 1/2 km on the right!

thanks, i've seen that place from the outside, will go check it out today

I would recommend this place also (it's near to the Yacht Club turn off, on the right as you come from the circle). It's a young guy who has it, and he also does very good servicing of the bikes, as well as carrying a broad range of accessories (don't forget front and rear lights, a good lock, and an air pump).

Best shop on the island ( the one all the HHH bikers use) is Thalang bike shop

coming from Laguna you turn right on the main road in Thalang towards the airport and its on the left about 150 meters.

They have everything from 10,000 baht to 250,000 bikes!! great old guy there an speaks fluent English.

If ur looking for cheaper, check out lotus

There is also shop off of Cha fao road in town near the intersection across form the large empty shopping mall

I have a Prowell helmet, paid 1,200 for it, used it twice and will sell for 600!

Edited by phuketrichard

go to the Thalang shop, :-)

59/1 Moo 1 Thepkrasattri Road -

Thepkasattri - Thalang

Phuket 83110

Phone: (0) 7627 4352

Mobile: (08) 1891 9795

and if he doesn't have what u need across the street is a shop selling Cannondales.
http://www.hotfrog.in.th/Companies/Cannondale-Station-Phuket-By-PROJECT-BIKE

whats ur pirce range??

Beach boys; kata

27 Patak Road - Karon Beach

Talat Yai - Muang Phuket

Phuket 83000

Mongkol Panich shop

199 Talang Road -

Talat Yai - Muang Phuket

Phuket 83000

than go to Lotus, good selection in the 4-15,000 range

you get what u pay for.

cheap bikes are heavy an unresponsive

i found the beach boys place in kata, great selection

they have a specialized hardrock sport with front and back hydraulic brakes, very nice and feels comfortable

its a bit on the high end of my price range at 18,500 but i think i'll get it if i don't see anything else

There is an association that rents out a wide variety of bikes at Saphan Hin and also has some for sale.

Anyway, they have a little shop near the Central Stage Area, near the police box and the entrance to the mangrove walkway.

You might check them out too.

I would like to try cycling too, but from my experience driving a car here the cyclists are a particular nuisance because they tend to go at a very strange rate, something like a "no man's land" velocity that makes them hard to maneuver around. That said, it's amazing that there aren't more reports of cyclists getting hit by cars and motorbikes.

When I move to the sticks (Ranode, Songkhla) the first thing I will do is get a mountain bike, but I just don't have the nerve to ride one in Phuket Town.

As for buying a mountain bike, if anyone has a big one (I am 6'3" (189cm)) they want to unload second hand pls let me know.

Patak road past Wat Kata, left side going towards Karon.

Yes, called Beachboy. 100meters further also on the left is another bikeshop.

are you sure? i looked for that and couldn't see it

Bit more than 100 meters, past the intersection with Big One Supermarket at the top (Katekwan Road).

specialized hardrock sport

a good entry level bike, I brought one for my daughter

I had a the stump jumper for years an used it extensively in Nepal and Colorado, held up great

we just bought 2 from beach boys in kata, seems like we got a good deal, really nice bike