Red Bull heir Vorayuth leaves Thailand

webfact

Dubai ?

Kids, the Red Bull family are long time democrats; big business, natch. As such they prefer Taiwan as a base when fleeing to avoid prosecution or waiting out troublesome statute of limitations.

You are 100% correct about Taiwan, and that would be my guess where junior has gone. As for supporting the Dems 100%, maybe not so correct. Try any other Thai/Chinese with any political connections. They are in it for themselves and not others, and I know there are links back to the Shins from Chiang Mai. And no, I will not be expanding on that statement.wai2.gif

Cheers

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Next week he will be the new Senior Vice-President for Red Bull America, based in New York. Since he will not have a boss to report to, should make his job very easy. I thought when you are on trial for causing the death of another person, your passport is taken to stop you from fleeing?

Pretty sure they take the passport from a farang charged for a similar offense, but such petty and insulting

rules clearly do not apply to the hiso elites....

Just as well he didn't sink an unsinkable jet ski.......

The first thing they do is confiscate your passport whistling.gif

• Like 1

This may turn out like Chalerm's youngest son - who also allegedly murdered a cop and fled. Also; in both cases, there were no other suspects.

The Red Bull heir stays away for awhile. The mega-rich dad has discussions with judge and top cops. When a cushy enough deal is made, the kid comes back, and the sappy Thai public is supposed to think: "Oh, he sat beside his mother and wai-ed, he must be really sorry. Let's forgive him." Thai women will think, because he's handsome and mega-rich, that anything can be forgiven.

Plus, in a country so mired in superstition, Thais will believe that it must have been the policeman's time to die, and nothing could have changed that. In other words, it was pre-destined to happen, so why cry over spilled milk? The coke-head driving 90 miles an hour in a 25 mph zone, who smashed the cop on his windshield, was merely playing his role in the karmic dance.

The fact that he appears to be making a run for it shows that they have been informed by the authorities that he will inevitably go inside.

Next is to be able to sentence people in absentia and that really would be progress.

I wonder if this affair will effect Red Bull's status in F1. This guy & the family are a disgrace thinking a paltry sum of money (by their standards) can buy them redemption in the eyes of the general public yet I also wonder how many F1 fans around the world actually know of this story.

As most members are aware, here in Thailand the drink is known as Krating Daeng. The real power rests with Dieter Mateschitz, the Austrian entrepreneur who modified the Thai version and turned the drink into a #1 seller..

Few people outside Thailand know of Krating Daeng as a name and associate Red Bull with F1 and western companies.

It's the same as Torro Rosso in Italy.

I reckon little Worachai (Wotaguy) has fled and is now ensconced in a 5 star hotel somewhere near Monza Italy, waiting for next weekend's race and a chance to rub shoulders with Luca di Montezemolo and tell him that he's a member of the Red Bull family in Thailand but prefers to drive a Ferrari and is there a seat available at the Firm?.

Everyday happening, My large waste bin was stolen by a well to do neighbour, another good neighbour said do not report him or he will have the police kill you.

Thanks ginjag, that comment gave me the best laugh I had all day ! For some sick reason, the thought of you being "whacked" over a garbage can really cracked me up. cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

• Like 2

If he isn't convicted of speeding, then he was not speeding. The negligent homicide case will fall apart because it was just an 'accident' and not caused by his negligence of speeding. Since they seemed to have dropped the alcohol and cocaine intoxication from the list, then speeding is the only factor to prove negligence. As for failure to render aid, he can claim he thought he hit a wombat or something. This young man needs to be proven negligent. This is my non-legal background opinion.

• Like 1

He is no doubt winging his way to a classy residence his grandfather owns.

Maybe if his and the rest of the families assetts were frozen he may return.

Red Bull = Bull Shit

"residence his grandfather owns.".......in another country, it's good to have reciprocal rights for land ownership huh? xangry.png.pagespeed.ic.Cla6z9sEn6.png

• Like 2

Interesting case indeed. I personally dont think he will go to jail. Too rich, we are talking billions. They will think of something. Perhaps it wasn't him in the first place. There are new witnesses that somebody else was driving and he was actually at home the whole time.

Sent from my GT-I9190 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Now that he's an overseas fugitive, he can send faxes to the PTP House Speaker instructing him on what policies are allowed to be tabled and passed in the Thai government. For a price of course coffee1.gif

Moreover, will he be driving whilst overseas???

Do Thai people even EXPECT such elite people will face/should face the same or even similar consequences as the masses? I think that wouldn't be Thainess.

I think you are right. They expect elite, rich, hiso, connected people to be above the law. The "law' such as it is, is not meant for the higher echelons.

Mention this case to Thais and they just shrug. Completely expected outcome and they don't seem to care about doing something about it.

I have one friend who used to say that if someone pissed her off she could drive her car over them - and nothing would happen to her! This attitude pervades all levels of society.

• Like 1

I still don't understand this. Why does someone need to be present in order to be charged with a crime? In Western countries, people can be charged with a crime, and even convicted, without ever showing up in court.

This ain't the West, doh!

Of course nothing of any consequence will happen to him.....He is rich, from a good family, has already paid 3 million to the family.

The legal system will make noises, so it can bee seen to be doing it's job.......but .....the population will shrug it's shoulders and move on, probably dreaming that one day they could be in such a position.

No one will petition a court, complain to their MP, seek a judicial review or anything that may expose them to the rich or powerful.

Thailand is bound by the culture of "kreng jai"

Which is .....to be respectful of those that have more than you .......because they have more than you.

Stop the hand ringing and get over it

• Like 1

BANGKOK: -- Attorney-General Chulasingh Vasantasingh has ordered the prosecution of Red Bull heir Vorayuth Yoovidhya on three counts, including speeding, for the hit-and-run accident that killed a policeman.

Hmm The Nation, really can accounts of speeding ever come before manslaughter?? <deleted>!

Yes, The editor would have been informed how to word that particular list of crimes. That paper is a complete joke even by Asian standards.

Thailand's I big joke . . . . . full stop rolleyes.gifwhistling.gifclap2.gifcheesy.gif

More than 20 years ago, my ex and her sister left me completely speechless/stunned when talking about a similar situation. Rich kid, caught with serious drugs, if I remember rightly. They said he should not go to jail. Why? Because he's handsome and comes from a rich family. He shouldn't be treated like a common criminal, poor guy. (that was the gist of their argument, anyway)

If the average person believes that, then what hope is there?

That is not my experience. Most thai people I know are disgusted with this sort of thing but are resigned to it.

Being resigned to it is pretty much the same as accepting it. Nobody has the ambition to make it better, so they don't bother, i.e. they accept it. The same lethargy simply does not exist in civilised countries, where the spirit of the people leads to (sometimes forced) improvements. What a sad state of affairs Thailand's moral compass is in.

• Like 1

Interesting case indeed. I personally dont think he will go to jail. Too rich, we are talking billions. They will think of something. Perhaps it wasn't him in the first place. There are new witnesses that somebody else was driving and he was actually at home the whole time.

that being the case lets hope he gets pinched for driving under the influence of alcohol and coke + a couple of others, then you can bet your left it will be head lines world wide.

If Red Bull Boy had simply fessed up, hung around the scene, or turned himself in, this story would have been history. At least, if he had taken any responsibility, people might have cut him some slack. He could have paid off the family, done some rehab, showed remorse, and probably got a suspended sentence because of his stellar previous record.

But, his total disregard has put everyone in a bad situation.

Hopefully, as I implied earlier, his flight tells us that his attorneys have gotten wind of some bad news for the boy.

• Like 2

that being the case lets hope he gets pinched for driving under the influence of alcohol and coke + a couple of others, then you can bet your left it will be head lines world wide.

sorry, thought I was replying to post #135???

24 hours is a long time for the credibility of the Thai Justice System/Government....still optimistic

Government has promised ASEAN that they are serious about dealing with the levels of CORRUPTION (don't la...)anf if this guy does not show in 23 hours and 48 minutes time ...then

a BIG LOSS of FACE for a Government....

so prun-nee is another wan...init.....go on Bob sing the song again.....Don't like Mon.......

Reuchai Krairerk, a senior expert public prosecutor at the department, said that Chulasingh ordered prosecution on three counts to take place first to avoid any damage stemming from the statute of limitations expiring on the speeding charge.

"We have thus asked Police to bring Vorayuth to Bangkok South Criminal Court on September 2 for the prosecution," Reuchai said.

He said that if Vorayuth failed to show up at the court on that day, prosecutors would seek an ARREST warrant for him and have him prosecuted on two other counts.

Reuchai said the two other counts were more serious - reckless driving causing death and failure to stop the vehicle and get out to help the victim.

He said Vorayuth's lawyer insisted that the suspect would return to meet with public prosecutors on Monday.