Red Bull heir Vorayuth leaves Thailand

webfact

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aren't passports withheld when on bail?

You don't even have to be on bail, I was an accused (by a Thai) in a trumped up court case, told not to leave the country. Case later thrown out, and because I was due to fly out of the country in the next 3 weeks, I visited immigration with my lawyer. Immigration informed us that the none exit order would be removed from aALL the computors in the next few days, luckily my lawyer insisted they give me a immigration letter to this effect, When I went trough the controls at swampy, I was stopped and told I could not leave, I then of course produced the immigration letter and was allowed to leave.

Interesting case indeed. I personally dont think he will go to jail. Too rich, we are talking billions. They will think of something. Perhaps it wasn't him in the first place. There are new witnesses that somebody else was driving and he was actually at home the whole time.

Sent from my GT-I9190 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

that being the case lets hope he gets pinched for driving under the influence of alcohol and coke + a couple of others, then you can bet your left it will be head lines world wide.

I read in another post that the coke/drink charges already were dropped (that sounds wrong but you know what I mean - drugs/alcohol).

Those charges would not hold in other countries either. Once you have left the scene, the law has an impossible time proving that any drugs/alcohol was in your blood at the time of the accident. The suspect might have gone home and had a drink and coked up in order to steady his nerves. This is true in the west as well. No news there.

So I didn't think those charges would happen.

Leaving the scene of the accident, a no brainer which he tried to avoid by sending the family servant to fess up. Tawdry at best, an additional illegality at worst (for them both). This should be prosecuted, and a fine and loss of licence to drive at a minimum would result.

"reckless endangerment with death as a result" (or whatever Thai law calls it), is however a slam dunk, because the facts are not in question.

Someone else wrote here that "vehicular manslaughter" is not on the Thai criminal code. I do not know.

So, I would just like to let you all know, that it is quite feasible to get a hefty fine, suspended gaol sentence, loss of driver's licence and a whole host of other things thrown in but with ZERO gaol time for a conviction for "reckless endangerment with death as a result" in the WEST, never mind in Thailand. Not all countries have mandatory gaol time for this offence.

So while I personally think that in this case, the information seems to indicate that the perpetrator probably deserves a trip to the big house, it is perfectly conceivable that he wouldn't get it in either Thailand or a number of western countries.

Sorry guys & gals ...

Dweeb

Interesting case indeed. I personally dont think he will go to jail. Too rich, we are talking billions. They will think of something. Perhaps it wasn't him in the first place. There are new witnesses that somebody else was driving and he was actually at home the whole time.

that being the case lets hope he gets pinched for driving under the influence of alcohol and coke + a couple of others, then you can bet your left it will be head lines world wide.

I read in another post that the coke/drink charges already were dropped (that sounds wrong but you know what I mean - drugs/alcohol).

Those charges would not hold in other countries either. Once you have left the scene, the law has an impossible time proving that any drugs/alcohol was in your blood at the time of the accident. The suspect might have gone home and had a drink and coked up in order to steady his nerves. This is true in the west as well. No news there.

So I didn't think those charges would happen.

Leaving the scene of the accident, a no brainer which he tried to avoid by sending the family servant to fess up. Tawdry at best, an additional illegality at worst (for them both). This should be prosecuted, and a fine and loss of licence to drive at a minimum would result.

"reckless endangerment with death as a result" (or whatever Thai law calls it), is however a slam dunk, because the facts are not in question.

Someone else wrote here that "vehicular manslaughter" is not on the Thai criminal code. I do not know.

So, I would just like to let you all know, that it is quite feasible to get a hefty fine, suspended gaol sentence, loss of driver's licence and a whole host of other things thrown in but with ZERO gaol time for a conviction for "reckless endangerment with death as a result" in the WEST, never mind in Thailand. Not all countries have mandatory gaol time for this offence.

So while I personally think that in this case, the information seems to indicate that the perpetrator probably deserves a trip to the big house, it is perfectly conceivable that he wouldn't get it in either Thailand or a number of western countries.

Sorry guys & gals ...

Dweeb

A guilty anything would be a start. If he isn't convicted of speeding, the rest of it appears harder to prove.

Someone I know got 18 months for one yaba pill.

Edited by Thai at Heart
  • Like 1

Wouldn't surprise me to hear on Monday that the police have found witnesses verifying that the car was actually being driven by a ghost.

At least that would give the Thai people something they could believe. wai2.gif

Now this was a truly funny comment.thanx

I have given up buying Red Bull and any of there products since the accident, might only hit them small time, but if many others follow suit it might hit this mongrel family where it hurts most.

I have given up even dreams of buying a Ferari...I am sure this will worry them.smile.png

Could be hes in the wee café round the corner having a last bowl of noodles..or maybe even cornflakes.

Can always nick the bottle of milk afterwards to go with his up and coming long stretch of......."porridge".......??

I am wondering if there is a forum in Thai-language, where the Thai-people are discussing this and just as upset as all us farangs here, about the lack of justice in this case. Or do they just not care?

Just asked my girlfriend about it... She said, she for sure would not waste her time on posting.

As she said at the very beginning of the case, when I tried to discuss it with her... "He will never go to jail"... and then she asked me "What do you want to eat?" and went out into the kitchen... Case close from Thai point of view!

Edited by btwretail

I am wondering if there is a forum in Thai-language, where the Thai-people are discussing this and just as upset as all us farangs here, about the lack of justice in this case. Or do they just not care?

Just asked my girlfriend about it... She said, she for sure would not waste her time on posting.

As she said at the very beginning of the case, when I tried to discuss it with her... "He will never go to jail"... and then she asked me "What do you want to eat?" and went out into the kitchen... Case close from Thai point of view!

Not much chatter on it, no. Only a brief follow up on channel 3 last week that I saw. Not in the newspapers or much online that is current other than the facts/report-but no angry people wanted to put an end to this nonsense.

The tolerance of cases like this is why this sh*t continues to go on.

Bully him and humiliate hi at the court doors, block the entrances and protest in front of the entrance gates to his residence, you know? At least hire rent-a-mob to turn up the volume and get rogue-ish,555!

Edited by gemini81

It is 5.36pm & still no report on what happened or did not happen at the court today. His lawyer did say he was going to turn up.

Seems he was sick again. Not sure I'm allowed to link this, but oh well, it's the only info currently available.

http://www.thestar.com.my/News/World/2013/09/02/Thai-prosecutors-to-issue-arrest-warrant-for-Red-Bull-heir.aspx

Edited by SABloke

a lot of people are crowing that if he misses the date - he is really going ot be in trouble. biggrin.png Well he is missing the date and I bet the case will get thrown out in some way - but let us see

Then again it might just get dropped from the news like that pimped up monk from a couple weeks back - front page to page zero in 48 hours.

• Like 1

a lot of people are crowing that if he misses the date - he is really going ot be in trouble. biggrin.png Well he is missing the date and I bet the case will get thrown out in some way - but let us see

Then again it might just get dropped from the news like that pimped up monk from a couple weeks back - front page to page zero in 48 hours.

I think we will see him missing the date, will benefit him. Nothing he is doing right now is not planned before hand. He is not running, he is just doing as he has been told, to get free.

The guy has paid big time for this and is still paying. Thai justice is not about going to prison... Its is only about money and for the guilty having to pay. You only go to prison, when you can not pay. Forget all about western understanding of justice. Thais do not think like we do on that matter.

So when someone says: "He must PAY for his crime", then we think about prison TIME and the Thais think about MONEY.

Edited by btwretail

Vorayudh was reported to have been in Singapore with a convenient dose of flu. Thus his non attendance has seen the speeding charges go beyond their "best before" date.

Subsequently a warrant has been issued for the little toad's arrest and a "no bail" request.

Apparently he will be charged on the other issues regarding the killing of the policeman and leaving the scene of an accident and failing to aid the victim.

We await further complications with due interest.whistling.gif

Edited by ratcatcher
  • Like 2