True Visions Upgrade

kimchibob

Think they need to do a lot more than that ,to keep their customer base,

with CTH taking all their football customers, and more people streaming

downloading stuff from the Internet, but it could not happen to nicer people

than True. they would not return my deposit ,years ago,and I have not forgotten.

regards Worgeordie

Looks like CNN currently on Ch93 to going HD to Ch163.

Whether Standard Definition (SD) or HD I wish they put the farang/English language channels in sequence somewhere....like Channels 100 through 140 or something like that....and keep the news channels together vs now putting CNN on Ch163. Yea, I know about the Favorites setup thing you can do but the Favorites setup on the True HD boxes ain't that great.

Edited by Pib
  • Like 1

Today (September 1) MTV Thailand Launches on True Visions Channel 65 Replacing Channel V Thailand

I wonder why they couldn't have both MTV Thailand *and* Channel V Thailand. Up until about last month, they had MTV Asia alongside Channel V Thailand.

Think they need to do a lot more than that ,to keep their customer base,

with CTH taking all their football customers, and more people streaming

downloading stuff from the Internet, but it could not happen to nicer people

than True. they would not return my deposit ,years ago,and I have not forgotten.

regards Worgeordie

Yes, I think so too. Even though I am not a 'Soccer' Fan.

I will probably ditch my True Platinum subscription at XMAS. I will sign on for the 1000 Baht Per Mth full CTH service. Who seem to be getting better.

I recently bought one of those Dongles from China, (a little larger than a USB Stick) Quad Core 1.6Ghz, Wifi b,g,n, Blue tooth, Android 4.2.2, 2Gb RAM, 8 Gb Internal. SD Card Slot 32Gb Max, USB Port, Just plug it into an HDMI Port on your TV. Works like a charm, and quick!!! (and I have tried a few so-called Android Boxes). These are so much better than most, again, so-called, Smart TVs. Well under $100 Oz Oxfords.

A fairly good cheap alternative to True Cable TV. What ever you can do on your latest smart phone or tablet you can do on any TV that has an HDMI Port and a decent wifi connection. Also being Android 4.2.2 it has all the interconnectivity through your home network.

I got a refund off True when I moved out of my Condo years ago, No problems. I did have to email them a copy of my first passport page, but that wasn't a hassle.

Sorry you had a bad experience. No 2nd Chances at a first impression is there.

Edited by cpofc

"In the process of upgrading the above channels, TrueVisions will carry out a channel rearrangement on Thursday September 12th from 00.01-08.00 hr"

So I finally can pretty well remember the channel numbers following the last rearrangement and they're changing them again. Great.

To thank you for your support and trust in TrueVisions, and to enhance your entertainment experience, TrueVisions will upgrade some of our current channels from Standard Definition (SD) to crystal clear High Definition (HD) for our subscribers free of charge. The details of the upgrading are as below:

6 channelswill be upgraded from Standard Definition to High Definition

3 Sports Channels

1 Movies and Series Channel

1 Entertainment
& Lifestyle Channel

1 News Channel

ASN HD

Lifetime HD

Life Inspired

CNN HD

SETANTA
(Previously TrueSport 8)

-

-

-

True Tennis HD
(Previous TrueSport 4)

-

-

-

The upgraded channels are available to subscribers in each package as follows:
- Platinum HD package members can access all of the 6 above channels.
- Gold HD package member can access 4 of the above channels, which are SETANTA, True Tennis HD, Lifetime HD, and CNN HD
- Super Family package and Super Knowledge package members can access 3 of the above channels, which are SETANTA, ASN HD and Life Inspired HD (Super Entertainment Pack has been renamed to Super Family Pack since 15 August 2013)

In the process of upgrading the above channels, TrueVisions will carry out a channel rearrangement on Thursday September 12th from 00.01-08.00 hr. (or night of Wednesday September 11th to morning of Thursday September 12th) during which time viewing will be suspended and signal will resume as normal after 08.00 hr.

If viewing does not resume as normal after such event, you can initially try unplugging and then plugging the set top box. Trouble shooting manuals can also be downloaded click here or for more information log onto www.facebook.com/Truevisions, or contact TrueVisions Care at 0-2725-2525.

For your convenience, TrueVisions has provided the new channel arrangement. Please download as follows;
Platinum HD package click here
Gold HD package click here
Super Family package click here
Remark: Super Entertainment has been re-named Super Family Pack since 15 August 2013

The reason I dumped True about 4 years ago and won't go back is because every time I check their current packages on offer it's like they are trying to screw me out of what I want to watch. Unless they offer a completely a la carte menu where I can pick what I want for the price, the internet wins hands down. Who in the right mind would want to pay for channels they never watch?

• 2 weeks later...

Accessing the Internet is fine, however as someone who gets a bit hungry for US shows/news etc i find that there is little that I can stream without purchasing individual shows or series via iTunes or the like.

Are you able to stream US television series and/or news shows via your Dongle?

Hullupullo...first I had read/heard about registration. I have a Gold Package and after the upgrade do not have RTL/CBS entertainment on channel 143? I phoned Truevisions and they could not explain why. Nor could they inform me what other new channels were online and when the "future" channels would come onstream. I was told that a "new company" - TVG Group - were taking over management of the HD channels and that was the reason existing customers were being asked to register. The only registration document I can find is in Thai and don't want to commit myself without reading the small print. And before people ask why I am sticking with Truevisions, I paid for a year's subscription.

Yes it is only thai :( As said, today these channels started to work and later today I got email and sms confirm for "new package" It should be same price but if not, I will cancel it. And yes, it says Truevisionsgroup, what ever that is. But hey, I can see Everybody loves Raymond, season 2! 5555

I have Gold and You can see new channels here

http://www.truevisionsgroup.com/existing_customer.php#gold-hd

Quick look and I find these working now, first 2 non-HD

23 TLC
26 Food Asia
112 True Film
113 True Asian
114 True Music
117 TrueSport HD3
122 Food Asia
129 Disney
136 Red (starts 1st Oct)
141 We TV (starts 1st Oct)
143 RTL Ent
147 Fashiontv
160 Edge

Edited by hullupullo

Channel V closed down with effect 31st August 2013, no longer cost effective.

From that reply, I thought Channel V has closed up shop. But, the cable service in the condo I just moved into has Channel V. So, it's just not "cost effective" for TrueVisions, then?

Thanks, Hullupullo. Seems odd - well suppose it is Truevisions - that you have to register to receive these new channels. Cannot get a straight answer from Truevisions if it costs more or commits me to sticking with channels long term. All they say "it is a new company"

Seemed to good to be true that Truevisions offering all those channels for free. My Thai not great but this seems to indicate that Gold package subscribers can watch for free until October 31 - anybody interpret it differently?

สมาชิกเดิมรับชมช่องเพิ่มตามลำดับ ติดต่อขอรับแพ็กเกจใหม่เพิ่มช่อง

จาก ทรูวิชั่นส์ กรุ๊ป ได้ทันทีโดยไม่มีค่าใช้จ่ายเพิ่ม ภายใน 31 ต.ค. นี้
Edited by sidelines

I called them, it is free and part of enhancing their package with new channels.

I think it is done this way as the "new"company is taking care of contracts with the new channels for some reasons, no sure why.

I have True Knowledge and got my new channels, happy camper!

GJ

Hullupullo...first I had read/heard about registration. I have a Gold Package and after the upgrade do not have RTL/CBS entertainment on channel 143? I phoned Truevisions and they could not explain why. Nor could they inform me what other new channels were online and when the "future" channels would come onstream. I was told that a "new company" - TVG Group - were taking over management of the HD channels and that was the reason existing customers were being asked to register. The only registration document I can find is in Thai and don't want to commit myself without reading the small print. And before people ask why I am sticking with Truevisions, I paid for a year's subscription.

Sidelines, it is in English now. Like you, I am in for a year. I am a bit reticent to sign up for a new package until I know what I am giving up. Right now, it sounds like a free lunch.

And apart from RTL/CBS entertainment what other "new channels" are availalble?

Here "final" channel lineup, don't know when every channel will be available

http://i446.photobucket.com/albums/qq186/the_newkung/1500-tvg1.jpg

Cheers. Nice to see that BBC World News will be in HD, like CNN. Just a shame it's so dull! I wish True would carry Sky News or even Fox News!!

I cannot find the English version, Old Man River, could you kindly provide the link.

Sorry for coming back to you on this so late. By now you should be able to access it.

It looks like it will be an A La Carte grouping and those registering for it will end up paying for it unless they immediately give the company notice, in writing, that they don't want it. Otherwise, it appears you can terminate it, in writing, on a month to month basis.

Of course, for those of us who do the one year renewal, it becomes a bit of a hassle. I did cancel one A La Carte and order another a few years ago and when I got the annual bill it was complete confusion. Hence, on these things I like to now wait for the annual bill before I order anything new.

Good luck on it.