True Visions Upgrade

kimchibob

Yes, Old Man River, I accessed it in English.

Also had a long chat with a Truevisions Group representative who categorically stated that the new channels were free, I was not committing myself to any long term contract and could change the package at any time in the future. I asked if I could do these things over the phone and he said yes. There is an indication that the Disney XD channel, which is now on preview, will cost extra but not sure if it will be opt in or opt out. I do expect hassle but, sadly, that is the norm dealing with Truevisions.

Yes, Old Man River, I accessed it in English.

Also had a long chat with a Truevisions Group representative who categorically stated that the new channels were free, I was not committing myself to any long term contract and could change the package at any time in the future. I asked if I could do these things over the phone and he said yes. There is an indication that the Disney XD channel, which is now on preview, will cost extra but not sure if it will be opt in or opt out. I do expect hassle but, sadly, that is the norm dealing with Truevisions.

Sidelines, against my better judgement, which sometimes is not good judgement, I have just gone the route you have. I know True is reorganizing, and so I imagine Truevisions is going the same route. I guess they ultimately will want those of us who are accessing their HD channels (Platinum, Gold etc.) to transfer to their new company.

For me, I don't see a whole lot of benefit, but the wife will now be able to access the Food Channel, so she should be happy. Going forward, it would only make sense for them to charge us as they add newer HD channels and I guess if we stayed with the old company we would never have the opportunity to make a decision on whatever newer channels they are able to add. I know, I am rationalizing my decision now, but I still hope for the best.

Best regards,

OMR

• 2 months later...