PM Yingluck’s jewellery 'worth B45m'

Lite Beer

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would one of those diamond be the Blue Diamond, from Saudi Arabia? rolleyes.gif

Darn beat me to the punch. I suspect the owner of the Blue Diamond will keep quiet. However there were

a whole bunch of other jewelry that was part of the stolen Saudi jewels, but I suppose those were not

declared either.....

I am a supporter of the notion of a progressive tax system.

Yes a popular concept.......increase taxes for all and Thailand will end up as crippled as the West. Surely we are not here to infect them with our financial diseases?

Yes when you ask them to pay a bit more they all piss and moan

In all honesty does it really matter what is the value of the Ms Yingluck's accessories?

She's a very rich woman and I'm sure there are thousands of rich women in this country with handbags, watches, jewellery, cars etc worth as much or more. She seems to have good taste in some things, just like Marie Antoinette. It's only money. I wish I had a fraction, but that's not the point.

I don't care how many watches she has or indeed the numbers of silk underwear she possesses. What I think is worth caring about is the number of times she shows up at parliament to do her job on behalf of all the Thai people, rich and poor alike and the number of times she tells the truth when asked a straightforward question.

I would not mind hearing more about her silk underwear

That would make you LuckyLewd.tongue.png

• Like 1

I've never been one to judge a woman by her baubles. Hell you can make a few pounds of fat look good by sticking a couple if nippples on it.

The big question is who bought it for her.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

How about her loving husband, after all, he's considerably 'poorer' than her.?

I've never been one to judge a woman by her baubles. Hell you can make a few pounds of fat look good by sticking a couple if nippples on it.

She's not married is she!!! Probably for tax reasons. :D

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE Q6

She's not married is she!!! Probably for tax reasons. biggrin.png

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE Q6

I used the word loosely. Perhaps that is how they prefer it?rolleyes.gifsmile.png

I am a supporter of the notion of a progressive tax system.

Yes a popular concept.......increase taxes for all and Thailand will end up as crippled as the West. Surely we are not here to infect them with our financial diseases?

Yes when you ask them to pay a bit more they all piss and moan

Do you have any concept of how much tax evasion there is in Thailand? Billions and billions.

The PM is, however, a long way behind Deputy Prime Minister Pongthep Thepkanchana in the overall wealth stakes. His listed assets total B3.09 billion more than his liabilities - making him roughly five times richer than the PM in terms of declared assets.

Time to dig out those charming 2010 videos of the redshirt horde waving machetes and singing "Death to the rich elites! Burn burn burn die die die!" (I'm paraphrasing.)

As the saying goes, 'you're not singing anymore.' But yeah, I've got some matches they can use. And marshmallows!

• Like 1

Well; looking at that picture of her demolishes all the hype about what a beautiful PM she is !

When i'm out on my bike tomorrow morning and passing all those folks who live in tin huts and 'brick built' dwellings that are really just piles of uncemented blocks, i must drop by to remind them how much this 'Lady' is worth; i'm sure they will be thrilled that she is such a wonderfully caring Politician and is spending so much on herself to help them in their time of need.

I might be wrong but I believe her gimcrackery to be worth more than her common law husband's net balance sheet.

I am just curious,

What did Ms.Yingluck do for a living in the dreded priviate sector,

before she became PM of Thailand?

What is her yearly salary now as PM I wonder? 

Hmmm?  

Now as before her job was clan Shinawatra.

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

This report shows just how shallow some peoples mindset can be. To impress the young, they could have listed her mobil phone devices and various color options etc.

What charities are supported? What educational, health research, etc are supported. What has the incivicual done to improve other peoples plight and will they leave the world a better place due to their having held a position which provided them the avenue to do so?

This report is not surprising as it seems to validate part of the reputation the PM has aquired while in a position to lead the country.

What charities are supported? What educational, health research, etc are supported. What has the incivicual done to improve other peoples plight and will they leave the world a better place due to their having held a position which provided them the avenue to do so?

I think the press would have a difficult time coming up with the answers to this one. If they dare pose the question to Yingluck she would probably smile and walk away as usual.

Edited by Pimay1
  • Like 1

seven most expensive handbags all are made by Hermes, and together worth B2.1 million.\

But yet there are rice and rubber farmers who are barely scaping a living to put food on the table...

I see.

Wlil you be clothing yourself in recycled rice bags, and going barefoot, in sympathy? You can give your faring wealth to the disadvantaged.

I'm sitting here in the airport lounge and people are walking by me with fancier garb. Should I tell them to take it off lest you and other foreign guests in Thailand's are distressed?

seven most expensive handbags all are made by Hermes, and together worth B2.1 million.\

But yet there are rice and rubber farmers who are barely scaping a living to put food on the table...

But, but, but.....isn´t this the Government for the poor people?bah.gif

No, it is for all Thais , and part of its mandate is to offer support and care for those of limited means.

This is just another thread for jloser foreigners who who failed in their home countries to vocalize their feelings of envy and jealousy of those who are wealthier, better educated and of higher social status in Thailand. Boo hop.

If foreigners spent les time coveting the possessions and assets of others and more on improving their lives, i.e. doing something to change the environment they live in, they would be fixated on positive things, and be happy, instead of taking cheap shots and denigrating the Thai PM.

Edited by geriatrickid

Until the ordinary people can see the connection between this kind of wealth and their poverty,and the the Redshirts and their support of the wealthy, they will remain forever used,and Poor,as they have been for Centuries of one Rich Dynasty after another. The sad part is they really believe the Shinawatra Dynasty will set them free,and make them Rich.

• Like 1

But, but, but.....isn´t this the Government for the poor people?bah.gif

No, it is for all Thais , and part of its mandate is to offer support and care for those of limited means.

This is just another thread for jloser foreigners who who failed in their home countries to vocalize their feelings of envy and jealousy of those who are wealthier, better educated and of higher social status in Thailand. Boo hop.

If foreigners spent les time coveting the possessions and assets of others and more on improving their lives, i.e. doing something to change the environment they live in, they would be fixated on positive things, and be happy, instead of taking cheap shots and denigrating the Thai PM.

Glass houses.........stones?

• Like 1

In all honesty does it really matter what is the value of the Ms Yingluck's accessories?

She's a very rich woman and I'm sure there are thousands of rich women in this country with handbags, watches, jewellery, cars etc worth as much or more. She seems to have good taste in some things, just like Marie Antoinette. It's only money. I wish I had a fraction, but that's not the point.

I don't care how many watches she has or indeed the numbers of silk underwear she possesses. What I think is worth caring about is the number of times she shows up at parliament to do her job on behalf of all the Thai people, rich and poor alike and the number of times she tells the truth when asked a straightforward question.

I think the problem is she flaunts it in front of the poor and hungry who she is suppose to be working for and helping. She can still look good but doesn't have to walk around looking like royalty wearing the crown jewels. The only message this sends out is that she is growing wealthier whilst the poor go without. Keep your extravagance for after politics.

I am just curious,

What did Ms.Yingluck do for a living in the dreded priviate sector,

before she became PM of Thailand?

What is her yearly salary now as PM I wonder?

Hmmm?

Fair question so I googled it. She earns around $4,100 USD per month not much really less than I earn.