Bunk Beds: Where to Buy?

HeyNow

My son was looking for bunk beds, and after a few days of finding nothing, went to a guy that made single beds, and gave him instructions on how to make bunk beds using two of the singles. At the time we were looking, it just seemed like bunking is not something the Thais like to do.

There is a shop near my place that takes custom orders. I know they've made bunk beds in the past. I think it is a training center or something, but the stuff I've seen come out has been quality. Private message me if you are interested in getting their contact info.

Also, there is a farang guy that heads it up, so communication isn't an issue and things are done to a western standard.

Edited by ChiangMai2012

Search the internet and you'll find numerous sites with more designs that you can cope with.

Go to Lampang to the furniture manufacturers, many can make whatever design you select / show them from a website, and with pretty good quality.

Their on site stock often a good indication of how up to date they are. Some have massive stock of only Thai style stuff / designs which are 50 years old

Others have on site stock which is much more modern in terms of design and materials.

Some websites from Google search of ' bunkbeds ':

http://freshome.com/2011/12/19/30-fresh-space-saving-bunk-beds-ideas-for-your-home/

http://www.houzz.com/bunk-bed-designs

http://pinterest.com/4lindadarlene/bunk-bed-designs/

There are many more websites....

Edited by scorecard

Bunk beds can be problematic for the Thais . Quite a few years ago we bought a bunk bed for when MIL and my wifes sister visited us in Oz. Problem was MIL had to sleep higher up than daughter but was unable to climb the ladder to the top bunk. I have seen similar on the sleepers on the trains as whoever has most rank in the family should be sleeping on top. A lot of the more urban Thais can ignore this hierarchy thing but some still can't. Just something to be aware of.

Edited by xen
  • Like 2

Not sure what the shop is called 'Connections' or something but he's inside Tesco, Hang Dong, some of the furniture on ground floor at entrance but more, including 2 Bunk bed designs on second floor, where the Fitness centre used to be--the guy's name is Tommy and he speaks surprisingly good English; one of the designs is same as the photo a few posts above; we got one at 11,000 baht.

• 4 months later...

Not sure what the shop is called 'Connections' or something but he's inside Tesco, Hang Dong, some of the furniture on ground floor at entrance but more, including 2 Bunk bed designs on second floor, where the Fitness centre used to be--the guy's name is Tommy and he speaks surprisingly good English; one of the designs is same as the photo a few posts above; we got one at 11,000 baht.

Did you have this delivered or was it take home and build? I am lookign for something for my kids

Did you have this delivered or was it take home and build? I am lookign for something for my kids

The shop that I am referring to, Boss name is Tommy, brought the bunk beds to my house and assembled it at the house, and then I paid him- seems like a decent enough guy- and the beds are still standing and in good condition almost a year later.

Shop is upstairs at Tesco Lotus Hang Dong.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

The shop that I am referring to, Boss name is Tommy, brought the bunk beds to my house and assembled it at the house, and then I paid him- seems like a decent enough guy- and the beds are still standing and in good condition almost a year later.

Shop is upstairs at Tesco Lotus Hang Dong.

Ok Thanks mate

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

The new Furniture Village in Hang Dong road (opposite side as BigC/Testco/Macros etc - between Tesco and BigC I think) - interesting ones too like double decker buses etc. Just got a bed settee from there, delivered next day (free delivery) - go have a butchers, lots of offers right now as they are new and drumming up business.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

The new Furniture Village in Hang Dong road (opposite side as BigC/Testco/Macros etc - between Tesco and BigC I think) - interesting ones too like double decker buses etc. Just got a bed settee from there, delivered next day (free delivery) - go have a butchers, lots of offers right now as they are new and drumming up business.

My brother's wife bought quite nice bunk bed in this webstore: interbeds.com. Free shipping to England.

All best

Peter