The Chinese......Another View.

theblether

And like a swift wind all the westerner masterbaters and supremacists come in and start to self congragulate and fap to themselves "yeah china has improved baby, china has embraced our culture!! This is the way to go this is the way!!!!!"

yet one day it turns out the same exact thing has happened to thai students, about 70% of the supremacists start to change "noooooo!!!! don't embrace dirty western culture! Keep thai culture pure!!!"

remaining western supremacists: You damn thai apologists! You have betrayed us! Although we still want to remain staying in thailand while maintaining our superiority and one day travel to countries like china to see how inferior they are to us!

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And if there is no throwing of statues and pots allowed what precisely is on the agenda for a discussion about China in a restaurant in Chiang Mai?

Ming Vases........
Those are a beauty and a marvel to watch and admire
Highly worthwhile time spent to behold those and other such sights.

I've been through many museums (and Buddhist temples) in parts of the PRC and never fail to be amazed or even stunned by some of the beauty of the work done so long ago.

Best ones are still at the Taiwan museum which Chiang took with him and fled when he lost to the communists ...

Most are unaware when they visit the for Forbidden Palace and wonder why is it so bare and empty...

all the treasures including jewellery, paintings and sculptures were moved down south to Nanjing when they were worried the Japanese will loot the palace if they ever reached Beijing during World War II

The rotation of those pieces there will take years for them to showcase all the stuff taken from the palace

And like a swift wind all the westerner masterbaters and supremacists come in and start to self congragulate and fap to themselves "yeah china has improved baby, china has embraced our culture!! This is the way to go this is the way!!!!!"

yet one day it turns out the same exact thing has happened to thai students, about 70% of the supremacists start to change "noooooo!!!! don't embrace dirty western culture! Keep thai culture pure!!!"

remaining western supremacists: You dam_n thai apologists! You have betrayed us! Although we still want to remain staying in thailand while maintaining our superiority and one day travel to countries like china to see how inferior they are to us!

It's baiting. And your own woefully inadequate efforts don't make the rest of us masters.

To make wit more biting, you should add wit, not malice.

SC

• Like 1

remaining western supremacists: You dam_n thai apologists! You have betrayed us! Although we still want to remain staying in thailand while maintaining our superiority and one day travel to countries like china to see how inferior they are to us!

It's baiting. And your own woefully inadequate efforts don't make the rest of us masters.

To make wit more biting, you should add wit, not malice.

SC

on the contrary i find it rather adequate. It did get a reaction out of you of course you wouldn't admit to it.

Edited by snake24

And if there is no throwing of statues and pots allowed what precisely is on the agenda for a discussion about China in a restaurant in Chiang Mai?

Ming Vases........

I've been through many museums (and Buddhist temples) in parts of the PRC and never fail to be amazed or even stunned by some of the beauty of the work done so long ago.

The work of the communists and Marxists is always very ugly.

Down with the commies.

Up with the Mings.

Long live BaiWeiWei,

If they stop hitting him over the head with telephone books.

The work of the communists and Marxists is always very ugly.

Down with the commies.

Up with the Mings.

Long live BaiWeiWei,

If they stop hitting him over the head with telephone books.

All regime change has nasty consequences for someone or other. Sorry I had to cut out a few relevent post to add this.

Yeah it's sort of like that, but the Chinese national isn't going to go to Afghanistan if it's not an approved destination...

I believe quite awhile ago a few Chinese pros were caught in Afghanistan. Google it.

Human trafficking is a bit different..

Plenty are going,

To mine metals, and mop up after the Americans have left and things return to normal.

There is much wealth underground in Afghanistan, and the Chinese have plans there,

And Africa.

They will not last long, the Government of China.

They will come tumbling down any day now, it is written.

Isn't it amazing how long the Government has been able to last? All those of the CCP type in power during and just after WW2 have fallen.

Edited by OldChinaHam

Yeah it's sort of like that, but the Chinese national isn't going to go to Afghanistan if it's not an approved destination...

I believe quite awhile ago a few Chinese pros were caught in Afghanistan. Google it.

Plenty are going,

To mine metals, and mop up after the Americans have left and things return to normal.

There is much wealth underground in Afghanistan, and the Chinese have plans there,

And Africa.

Isn't it amazing how long the Government has been able to last? All those of the CCP type in power during and just after WW2 have fallen.

Perhaps the Chinese don't have the recent experience of political upheaval that the Russian Empire had. So long as the emperor is far away, I don't think they care whether he wears a denim shirt or a silk robe.

SC

Perhaps the Chinese don't have the recent experience of political upheaval that the Russian Empire had. So long as the emperor is far away, I don't think they care whether he wears a denim shirt or a silk robe.

SC

Putin never wears a shirt when astride his white stallion.

Plenty are going,

And Africa.

SC

Oh but the PRChinese people know that the economy has bubbles in real estate and property, official state banking and in the massive shadow banking system, and in the local and provincial governments where CCP officials have established property development entities that are populated by the government officials themselves.

The apprehension among the PRChinese and within the CCP itself is palpable. No one can see a way out of these bubbles and both the PRChinese and the CCP are doing everything they can to delay and to mitigate the inevitable bursting of the bubbles. There hasn't yet been a so-called Lehman Moment in the CCP's economy, but nearly everyone is waiting for it to occur and know it can occur anytime in any of the sectors and that, when it does occur, the cascade of bursting bubbles will begin.

One major instance of the problem is how the CCP banking officials nationally define a non-performing loan. The CCP approach to NPLs is that a NPL is not a NPL until it is called in. So the many NPLs that exist throughout the system are never identified as such, not on the books as NPLs, yet they in fact and in reality do exist and they exist in massive numbers and in massive amounts of RMB.

A significant new and major factor is that the PRChinese always have well known the endemic and massive corruption of their local officials especially, and of the corruption of their provincial officials as well. In contrast, the PRChinese always have looked to Beijing to have the genuine interest of China first and foremost in mind.

Now, however, the PRChinese see the national economic and financial system is corrupt and wrong. The PRChinese no longer have confidence in Beijing to do the right thing. In fact, the PRChinese have begun to realize and to recognize that the Boyz in Beijing haven't been doing the right thing all along, and that the Boyz in Beijing are even more corrupt and self-interested, on a larger scale of money and power, than their local or provincial officials are capable of being.

People can see all this will not end well. Property values will be lost either completely or significantly. Personal savings will be wiped out. The state will be unable to pay its massive and bloated number of state employees. Private enterprises will fail. Jobs will be lost all around. The coming expectation is grim.

The CCP is clearly worried and nervous in the fact of this impending situation. It has been publishing and broadcasting warnings to the population that China without the CCP will dissolve into a China of disorder and chaos. "Do you have a coat for the winter"? one senior CCP official asked in an article published by Xinhua, the official state news agency. "Do you have food to get though the winter," the writer went on.

There's a bad moon rising in the CCP-PRC.

I have to say that, even during the glory days of dynasties such as the Tang and the Ming, the Chinese people nonetheless have had it rough and even harsh. The Chinese people have never had a smooth go of it. For all their history and survivability, the Chinese seem never to be able to get it right, never be able to find a consistent path to peace, order, prosperity.

It's clear that the approach the Chinese have taken beginning with the leadership of Mao Ze Dong, to include the "reforms" and "opening up" (of the economy only) by Deng Xiao Peng, continuing to the present, is yet another disaster for them.

Edited by Publicus
  • Like 1

20x20xlaugh.png.pagespeed.ic.YrVD4txHqx.

clap2.gif.pagespeed.ce.z5euFoXm0J.gif

Iowa, UK.

cheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gif

Edited by Publicus, 55 minutes ago.

Iowa, USA, is a great town with many educated farmers, who also deal daily millions of dollars of important products in places like China.

The people there are probably less biased by their views than most.

They are open and friendly people.

I am sure that Iowa, UK is just the same,

But they do not deal in corn, except maybe the corn liquor?

And they do not export to Beijing as much as does Iowa USA.

You didn't get it first time round, so here it is again.

I don't come from Iowa, and I don't like Beijing called a liar.

Freudian.

So wrap up the crap talk about ME.

I can understand that.

But, as for me, I do not mind being called a liar, just a different point of view probably.

I think I get it though. You do not come from Iowa.

Got it.

How about being called manipulative and perverse?

How about Machiavellian and Obtuse?

It is all the same to me.

Ho hum.

Are you popular with Thai people?

Ming Vases........

Indeed. Would be a shame to damage the real thing.

Is the subject of intellectual property rights on your dinner menu?

Ming Vases........

For sure ...it's always interesting to see the western folks swing down to buy fake bags at the russia market or walking down Beijing software street picking up cheap pirated software for their macs and laptops and smiling in glee.

For sure ...it's always interesting to see the western folks swing down to buy fake bags at the russia market or walking down Beijing software street picking up cheap pirated software for their macs and laptops and smiling in glee.

Good to see how they like to make sure that western tourists are happy isn't it?

The good thing is china has time and money to try to fix the inflated bloated economy by moving into a new direction of encouraging consumption rather than solely depending on exports ...it will take years to tweak but the massive infrastructure projects were necessary for a new economy to accelerate the pace. The west has benefited from this boom as well and will continue to depend on it as the world economies are more intertwined than self sufficient

The USA has suffered all that you predicted and still came back strong ...so there is optimism among the Chinese reformers it can be done ...at least the Chinese are in a better spot as they have the savings and the cash flow to make it happen

Good to see how they like to make sure that western tourists are happy isn't it?

Ever got a taxi at Beijing Capital Airport at 1am in the morning.

Welcome to the City without a Soul.

Oh but the PRChinese people know that the economy has bubbles in real estate and property, official state banking and in the massive shadow banking system, and in the local and provincial governments where CCP officials have established property development entities that are populated by the government officials themselves.

The apprehension among the PRChinese and within the CCP itself is palpable. No one can see a way out of these bubbles and both the PRChinese and the CCP are doing everything they can to delay and to mitigate the inevitable bursting of the bubbles. There hasn't yet been a so-called Lehman Moment in the CCP's economy, but nearly everyone is waiting for it to occur and know it can occur anytime in any of the sectors and that, when it does occur, the cascade of bursting bubbles will begin.

One major instance of the problem is how the CCP banking officials nationally define a non-performing loan. The CCP approach to NPLs is that a NPL is not a NPL until it is called in. So the many NPLs that exist throughout the system are never identified as such, not on the books as NPLs, yet they in fact and in reality do exist and they exist in massive numbers and in massive amounts of RMB.

A significant new and major factor is that the PRChinese always have well known the endemic and massive corruption of their local officials especially, and of the corruption of their provincial officials as well. In contrast, the PRChinese always have looked to Beijing to have the genuine interest of China first and foremost in mind.

Now, however, the PRChinese see the national economic and financial system is corrupt and wrong. The PRChinese no longer have confidence in Beijing to do the right thing. In fact, the PRChinese have begun to realize and to recognize that the Boyz in Beijing haven't been doing the right thing all along, and that the Boyz in Beijing are even more corrupt and self-interested, on a larger scale of money and power, than their local or provincial officials are capable of being.

People can see all this will not end well. Property values will be lost either completely or significantly. Personal savings will be wiped out. The state will be unable to pay its massive and bloated number of state employees. Private enterprises will fail. Jobs will be lost all around. The coming expectation is grim.

The CCP is clearly worried and nervous in the fact of this impending situation. It has been publishing and broadcasting warnings to the population that China without the CCP will dissolve into a China of disorder and chaos. "Do you have a coat for the winter"? one senior CCP official asked in an article published by Xinhua, the official state news agency. "Do you have food to get though the winter," the writer went on.

There's a bad moon rising in the CCP-PRC.

I have to say that, even during the glory days of dynasties such as the Tang and the Ming, the Chinese people nonetheless have had it rough and even harsh. The Chinese people have never had a smooth go of it. For all their history and survivability, the Chinese seem never to be able to get it right, never be able to find a consistent path to peace, order, prosperity.

It's clear that the approach the Chinese have taken beginning with the leadership of Mao Ze Dong, to include the "reforms" and "opening up" (of the economy only) by Deng Xiao Peng, continuing to the present, is yet another disaster for them.

I have to say that my personal experience of the average office worker, self employed entrepreneur, lower level business owner is completely the opposite. Most have done exceedingly well thank you very much in the last 5 years that I have personally experienced. Most have a concern about property prices but as long as their remuneration and standard of living keeps rising they say they are happy.

I am not saying that things won't go tits up at some point (but neither do I believe its a "given") and if it does I see it as more of a 2008 US/Euro/UK type of correction. My point is that from what I see I cannot agree with your last paragraph at all.

Just my view

The good thing is china has time and money to try to fix the inflated bloated economy by moving into a new direction of encouraging consumption rather than solely depending on exports ...it will take years to tweak but the massive infrastructure projects were necessary for a new economy to accelerate the pace. The west has benefited from this boom as well and will continue to depend on it as the world economies are more intertwined than self sufficient

The USA has suffered all that you predicted and still came back strong ...so there is optimism among the Chinese reformers it can be done ...at least the Chinese are in a better spot as they have the savings and the cash flow to make it happen

Bubbles never end well.

Property values are raped and personal savings are wiped out.

Beijing will have to use its FX reserves to help try to bail out the economy, which will only make things worse.

The CCP-PRC is starting from a much lower per capita income than were the United States or Japan - or Europe for that matter.

Vested interests in the CCP stand squarely and selfishly in the way of needed reforms.

Don't hold your breath.

• Like 1

SP sorry if I missed something but what is the problem with getting taxis at 1.0am?

I have often taken taxis from Guangzhou airport at or close to midnight without any issues - or is it just Beijing?

SP sorry if I missed something but what is the problem with getting taxis at 1.0am?

I have often taken taxis from Guangzhou airport at or close to midnight without any issues - or is it just Beijing?

Never seen a happy cab driver at that hour anywhere on the world ...if I remember correctly you are from the UK ...please post us a happy can driver there at that time so we know paradise still exist somewhere ...you were expecting a beer or a wet towel ? Order a limo instead :-)

BTW ...what about you at 1.10am you were smiling out of that flight and giving out candy floss sticks ?

Bubbles never end well.

Property values are raped and personal savings are wiped out.

Beijing will have to use its FX reserves to help try to bail out the economy, which will only make things worse.

The CCP-PRC is starting from a much lower per capita income than were the United States or Japan - or Europe for that matter.

Vested interests in the CCP stand squarely and selfishly in the way of needed reforms.

Don't hold your breath.

Agree that bubbles don't end well for anyone ....most of my ex business partners were steamrolled in the USA and it was sad to see them personally suffer the bankruptcy

The lower per capita also coincides with the lower cost of living there as compared to most cities for the common folk ...fixing inflation is a government nightmare everywhere and it's not solely something the CCP is alone in

I remain optimistic that the current PM will try his best ...may not finish by the time he is done in 10 years but at lest he will lay the groundwork for it

Never seen a happy cab driver at that hour anywhere on the world ...if I remember correctly you are from the UK ...please post us a happy can driver there at that time so we know paradise still exist somewhere ...you were expecting a beer or a wet towel ? Order a limo instead :-)

BTW ...what about you at 1.10am you were smiling out of that flight and giving out candy floss sticks ?

Isn't a happy cab driver an oxymoron.....at almost any time? ;-)

I've flown in and out of Guangzhou only once. Didn't need a taxi, 4 hour stop at the airport. Brief impression, Guanghzou very different from Beijing. More welcoming.

I do when I fly into BKK, anytime of the day or night.

• Like 1

SC

Putin never wears a shirt when astride his white stallion.

Every woman adores a Fascist,

The boot in the face, the brute

Brute heart of a brute like you.

― Sylvia Plath, Ariel: The Restored Edition

The man of literature, OCH, will probably know that Sylvia was married to Poet Laureate Ted Hughes, and committed suicide.

Yes. Definitely worth a look.

"China embraces 'British Model', ditching Mao for Edmund Burke

David Cameron might be reassured to know that China's Communist leadership is studying the long arc of British history with intense interest, even if Russia's Vladimir Putin deems our small island to be of no account."

Seems to me a big hindrance for China historically has been their acceptance of deficient leadership.

And I mean seriously deficient.

"Prof Li said the new team of President Xi Jinping and Premier Li Keqiang -- both singing from the same hymn sheet according to him, though not others -- will start reforming the one-child policy, the hukuo code of rural `serfdom', and much else, before the end of the year. The last team coasted complacently, he said, relying on post-Lehman stimulus to keep growth going as the old system festered."

The fact remains.. Mrs Obama appears to have reservations about XJ and his wife.

TBH. Me too.

• Like 1

Guangzhou airport can be awful for taxis any time of day or night. The drivers want to take you all the way deep into GZ and nothing less. I always had to get a cop to require the taxi driver next in line to accept me as a fare. That's because I never had to go all the way into central GZ. I'd show the cop my university ID card and the cop would order the taxi driver to accept me.

One driver one time decided to take me to GZ via Chongqing so I set the cops on him yet again, which after hours of his haggling with the police put him out 260 yuan and I paid the usual fare from the airport to the university (which is where I made sure I ended up anyway so the campus police would help me, which they 100% did do).

The most notable aspect of the confrontation however was when the driver tried to run me over after I refused to pay for the grand tour fare. It's a good thing for the driver a metal cage separates the driver from the passengers in the back seat. I see why it's there.

Guangzhou airport can be awful for taxis any time of day or night. The drivers want to take you all the way deep into GZ and nothing less. I always had to get a cop to require the taxi driver next in line to accept me as a fare. That's because I never had to go all the way into central GZ. I'd show the cop my university ID card and the cop would order the taxi driver to accept me.

One driver one time decided to take me to GZ via Chongqing so I set the cops on him yet again, which after hours of his haggling with the police put him out 260 yuan and I paid the usual fare from the airport to the university (which is where I made sure I ended up anyway so the campus police would help me, which they 100% did do).

The most notable aspect of the confrontation however was when the driver tried to run me over after I refused to pay for the grand tour fare. It's a good thing for the driver a metal cage separates the driver from the passengers in the back seat. I see why it's there.

Whatever you do, don't get in a car with a couple of gangsters if you arrive at Beijing Capital at 4am having been diverted via Tianjin because of ferocious winds from Siberia.

Very unpleasant.

To be fair both could be issues at any airport smile.png

Publicus I haven't encountered it at GZ as i stay north of centre so has never been an issue. At least you do not need to (and are hardly expected) to give any tip at all.biggrin.png