Taj Mahal Indian Restaurant ,where is it ?

worgeordie

I spent a good hour today driving around trying to find this restaurant,

its defiantly not where Google maps says it is, the address is given as

99/4 Ratchaphakinai Road,T.Parsingha.

The wife and daughter where silently pleased I could not find it,as

Indian is not their favorite,so we had to make do with a Muslim

restaurant,which was OK,but have to find Taj Mahal for next Modays

outing.

Simple directions ,with landmarks appreciated,

regards Worgeordie

I know it is not about the restaurant.

But I have to agree with you a lot of times simple directions are best. Not every one has a Global Positioning System. As you can see they are not always accurate.

I was with a friend once who had one of those you can put in the coordinates for direction things. We were going to a place I go to often on the East side of the river. The instructions it gave took you there by just about the longest route possible with out getting ridicules about it.

Hope the TM is better than the Curry Place in KSK. Went yesterday and ordered 4 quite different dishes-all came in the same base sauce-and not very Indian. Shant be going back....

No Indian involvement whatsoever! Owned by the same Thai family who owns the Chinese place in the same food court. Very nice people but the food....... I think the cooks hop back and forth between the 2 places.

Hope the TM is better than the Curry Place in KSK. Went yesterday and ordered 4 quite different dishes-all came in the same base sauce-and not very Indian. Shant be going back....

Hi BeauThai, Yes I have been to that one in KSK, believe its called the Curry Pot, not even remotely Indian food,

and i never went back either.

regards Worgeordie.

The Trip Advisor map shows the Taj Mahal map right at the top of Ratpakinai (google maps spelling)

This is the correct road but as per previous posts it is about 100 yards south of the Sunday walking street.

A short diversion to my morning walk confirms it is still there!

Home delivery service (and full menu) available on mealsonwheels4u.com

Excellent ruby

• 4 weeks later...

I had dinner at the Taj Mahal Restaurant last night. Had Chicken Vindaloo, Garlic Nan, Plain rice, and a bottle of water to drink. IMO, it tasted very good and decent size portions (at least for me they were)! The total bill was 210 baht. I liked it and will be going back.

The restaurant is located right about here.

Edited by Baloo22

• 2 months later...

There are no good Indian restaurants in Chiang Mai.

The place you mention is called The Curry Pot I think. I ate there once long ago and it was the worst excuse for Indian food I've ever tasted in Chiang Mai and believe me I've had a lot of bad Indian food here!

The place you mention is called The Curry Pot I think. I ate there once long ago and it was the worst excuse for Indian food I've ever tasted in Chiang Mai and believe me I've had a lot of bad Indian food here!

I've been going to the place on Loy Kroh recently, past the klong and massage shops on the left side almost to the Night Bazar. I can't think of the name and of course I can't find their card at the moment, but would recommend giving it a try. It is now my favorite Indian restaurant here. Maybe someone knows the name and will post it.

The Curry Pot is not Indian, it is run 100% by Thais; same family that owns the Chinese place right next to it. Very nice people but terrible food. Went there once about 5 years ago.

Has this place closed down - already?? Been down the road twice - yesterday and today - and didn't see it. (Down from Thapae into old town and left at Wawee Coffee, about 100yards on the right....?) Hope it was just me being hopeless!!

its there. drove past on thursday and friday night. quite busy on friday, in fact.

I've been going to the place on Loy Kroh recently, past the klong and massage shops on the left side almost to the Night Bazar. I can't think of the name and of course I can't find their card at the moment, but would recommend giving it a try. It is now my favorite Indian restaurant here. Maybe someone knows the name and will post it.

The Curry Pot is not Indian, it is run 100% by Thais; same family that owns the Chinese place right next to it. Very nice people but terrible food. Went there once about 5 years ago.

Haven't spotted it as I'm not usually at that spot for anything, but now you've mentioned it I will give it a try. Anything in particular that you have enjoyed there?

re

here ya go ... its rajda bar :)

dave2

post-42592-0-08930700-1387706727_thumb.j

post-42592-0-45203900-1387706763_thumb.j

re

here ya go ... its rajda bar smile.png

dave2

Yes it is quite good. It is right across the street from the Central Doungtawan hotel.

sorry about the spelling.

re

dave2

I think the sign says "Rajdarbar" in the picture. Thank you "electrified" for the recommendation and "dave2" for the picture. We've passed this place a few times, but had already eaten.

I have not eaten there for a while, but found the quality better than my usual places and the price more expensive, but not by a lot.

I usually stick with Kabab House these days as the food is decent and the price is right.

Agreed with UG on this, not the most salubrious of places but reasonable cheap Indian food with good size portions and about as good as it gets for CM

re

dave2

Are they Muslim there ?? I see the minuete so wondering if they are Muslim or Indian

re

dave2

Are they Muslim there ?? I see the minuete so wondering if they are Muslim or Indian

Not too long ago there were over 177 Million Indian Muslims, about 1 in 7 Indians is a Muslim accounting for about 10% of the world's Muslims.

Edited by Dante99

re

dave2

Not too long ago there were over 177 Million Indian Muslims, about 1 in 7 Indians is a Muslim accounting for about 10% of the world's Muslims.

You'd think between them all, they could come up with one real decent Indian restaurant in Chiang Mai.

• Like 1

re

dave2

didn't answer the question did it rolleyes.gif guess I will have to pass by and ask them before deciding if I will eat at the place.