Heartbroken 'farang' man attempts to jump off of hotel in Bangkok

webfact

Heartbroken 'farang' man attempts to jump off of hotel
BY SINE NEUCHS THOMSEN

farang-198x300.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Lumpini police saved the life of a 38-year-old Finnish man, who attempted to jump off of Honey Hotel on Soi Sukhumvit 19 in Wattana district on Monday September 2.

The man, later identified as Nika Antero Jokinen, was standing alone and shirtless on the hotel’s balcony on the third floor when the cops arrived. Jokinen reportedly looked fatigue and was bleeding from his back and feet.

Police and a friend of Jokinen’s managed to calm him down in one hour before sending him to a hospital for physical treatment.

According to authorities, Jokinen has stayed at the hotel since Aug. 20 and recently broke up with a Thai woman, a situation that led to Jokinen’s suicide attempt. Police will inform the Finnish embassy about the incident, the Dailynews reported.

Source: http://scandasia.com/heartbroken-farang-man-attempts-to-jump-off-of-hotel/

-- ScandAsia 2013-09-03

• Like 1

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its a laughing matter from where I'm reading it, dimlow tries to top himself off building barely high enough to break a bone from. Can't have been all that serious if a, he chooses somewhere not high enough and b, gets talked out of it. Biggest laugh of all is the headline heartbroken Falang man attempt to jump off of hotel, surely Finnish man wants to finish it all would have been a better headline.

Jokes on the side, Jeremy, he's clearly a mess, mentally, and needs help. No one literally wants to kill themselves just because their girlfriend broke up without there being something else adding to the depression. He most likely have a history of psychological problems, and haven't had any successful treatment. So after years with stagnating in FInland he probably ran away and was hoping all his problems would disappear.

Many farang seek to Thailand to escape from whatever problems they got. What they don't know is that Thai beaches, Go-Go-Bars and hokus pokus healing won't treat you. Paradise can make it easier for you, but you still have to treat yourself.

Or another twatted mongo out of his brains on meth and cheap booze, take your pick which 1.

• Like 2

Finland used to be the suicide capital of the world. And that country has some of the best social welfare in the world too. What's wrong with them?! Another thing, why was he bleeding from his back and feet?

everything gets exported nowadays

the blood comes from the anti-suicide equipment the hotel provides

We can all imagine the trail of lies and deceit that led to this.

Maybe that's why she chose to leave him. Thai women must hear some pretty pathetic stories from desperate farang. At least she apparently had the sense to use the stairs or lift to exit the building.

Still I suppose here at Thai Visa the blame will be laid on Thai building codes and the height to the balcony railings.

Edited by Suradit69
  • Like 1

Should have read ,Another westerner comes to Thailand meets hooker in bar ,hooker spends all his money and leaves, ,westerner cant understand why? attemts suicice

i wonder, do many guys fall in love with prostitutes in their home country then when they have no money ,prostitute finds new client .

and please do not think i am against bar girls ,i am not ,but thats their job ,money for sex. although i do know sometimes it works out ,but not often.wub.png

I'm not an expert in this field but, it does seem to me theres a lot of line-blurring out here as regards bar-girls becoming girlfriends, which seems to happen a lot from what I read. Obviously we don't know in this case, but I hear a lot of tourists here "rescue" bar-girls from that life and give them stacks of money hoping they will become future wife/mother (and in some cases they do) but often the money just goes flying away and the girl goes back to work. I think its different with a pro hooker who says "its just business, thankyou goodbye" pretty much, and some of the bargirls who play with peoples' emotions.

coffee1.gif

Edited by Yunla
  • Like 2

The story I heard this morning was that there was a farang caught with Yabaa, high on it.

Also last night and also at that Honey Hotel.

Heard that from a friend who heard it from a friend that worked at the reception of that hotel last night.

Why is that not reported?

Or is it this story and it all got mixed up in translation? Hmm...my Thai is not that bad 555.

• Like 2

I'm happy he survived and is now recieving care.

That said. There is a BIG difference between "calls for help" and genuine suicide attempts. Genuinely suicidal people always jump immediately, take the pills or w/e method they are using, without hesitation. A suicide attempt is one where the person goes through with it immediately and entirely, but for whatever reason survives it. A call for help is when they hang around on rooftops or w/e until somebody stops them. That is a linguistic issue I have with the title of the OP, and does not change the fact the poor guy is in a state and I am very happy he was picked up and taken into care.

To anyone else in this boat, please remember; there are billions of people in the world and somewhere out there is a person who will love you truly for who you are, not for your money or for your friend-group or whatever. You just have to keep going out into the world, try new stuff, join a book-club or w/e other unlikely place, she might be waiting for you there. I say that as somebody who has been celibate and single since the late 1980s and I am super-happy to be both of those things btw, but I have also lost a lot of good friends to suicide, usually involving "women and drink" problems which seem to compound each other. Never give up hope.

Very wise words, but as usually my sarcasm takes over reason so: maybe you should become, if not yet, some kind of preacherman in some kind of church.

How about: the "church of the educated reading broken hearted and lonely farang in land of .............."

cheesy.gifclap2.gifthumbsup.gif

"According to authorities, Jokinen has stayed at the hotel since Aug. 20 and recently broke up with a Thai woman, a situation that led to Jokinen’s suicide attempt. Police will inform the Finnish embassy about the incident, the Dailynews reported."

Sorry to sound unsympathetic (I actually feel very sorry for this man and I hope he will be ok) .... BUT, The truth is a prostitute (or any Thai) will only hang around a naive Farang if its of monetary benefit to them. once its clear to them that its about love but with no real money they will "run like a cat out of hell" oh, er, no that should be "run like a pussy out of the hotel" blink.png

• Like 1