Phuket's Soi Dog Foundation appeal for supplies

webfact

Phuket's Soi Dog Foundation appeal for supplies

1378193154_1.jpg
Collie models a blanket, something which is in short supply at the Soi Dog Foundation. He's also looking for a home, so if you'd like to adopt him please contact Soi Dog.

PHUKET: -- The island’s Soi Dog Foundation (SDF) is appealing for donations of large quantities of sheets and towels due to a shortage at its Mai Khao shelter.

SDF Adoptions Manager Cindy Amey said the shelter was looking for large numbers of these items that could either be picked-up by the SDF or dropped off at the shelter.

“We do need them in the hundreds,” Cindy said.

“We tear the sheets up into small pieces to use for surgeries, and the towels are mainly used for washing the dogs, but there are a lot of other uses as well.

“In the past we have had donations from hotels. When they buy new sheets and towels they give us the old ones.

“It’s fairly urgent at the moment – we don’t have much stock left, and our shelves are already bare. Blankets are really handy as well.”

If you are able to help, please contact the shelter on 081 788 4222 or visit soidog.org.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket%E2%80%99s-soi-dog-foundation-appeal-for-supplies-41706.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2013-09-03

Its such a shame that many people / animals in the world today are in much need of help. We have given alot of money / supplies to the school for the blind, and this month to there school with children that have no familys or nothing what so ever. It is a shame, but you cant help everyone..I do though hope these dogs get what they need from loving people

• Like 1

Its such a shame that many people / animals in the world today are in much need of help. We have given alot of money / supplies to the school for the blind, and this month to there school with children that have no familys or nothing what so ever. It is a shame, but you cant help everyone..I do though hope these dogs get what they need from loving people

"It is a shame, but you cant help everyone".that is true and therefore the only way is to reduce them! now it doesnt help people and dogs either.

"It is a shame, but you cant help everyone".that is true and therefore the only way is to reduce them! now it doesnt help people and dogs either.

What is needed is cheaper ways to neuter. We have approx. 17 dogs and 20 cats here at the temple I live in. And it seems some dog or cat is having a litter every other month. I asked today what the cost was to have them neutered. I was told approx. 4000 baht per animal. That's way to high. The Thai govt. is hot to put about 250 billion into another worthless rice pledging scheme, how about putting a few million out there for animal control. Thailand is an eyesore of loose dogs and cats. Pick up the strays, have them neutered and throw them back out. Give pet owners a discount on neutering services. Ok, I'm through ranting. bye.

• Like 1

What is needed is cheaper ways to neuter. We have approx. 17 dogs and 20 cats here at the temple I live in. And it seems some dog or cat is having a litter every other month. I asked today what the cost was to have them neutered. I was told approx. 4000 baht per animal. That's way to high. The Thai govt. is hot to put about 250 billion into another worthless rice pledging scheme, how about putting a few million out there for animal control. Thailand is an eyesore of loose dogs and cats. Pick up the strays, have them neutered and throw them back out. Give pet owners a discount on neutering services. Ok, I'm through ranting. bye.

500-800 Baht per animal is normal. Did it many times. 4000 Baht is over the top.

• Like 1

500-800 Baht per animal is normal. Did it many times. 4000 Baht is over the top.

Thanks for the info, I'll check it out for myself. Maybe their English wasn't that good and they meant 400 instead of 4000. happened before. tongue.png