My First Extension Help Please

Hi,

So I will go for my first extension soon. I follow most of the threads so understand much of the routine but I have read so many things I have got confused. If You could answer (probablythe same old) questions I would be obliged.

I am a 61 yr old Brit with a Thai wife and came to Thai on Nov 1 2012. I want to apply for a Retirement extension.

I have a multientry O Visa issued from Birmingham. The "Use Before" date is 14 October 2013. My last re-entry on 25 August gave me an "Admitted till 22 Nov" stamp. I know I can apply 30days before and 7 days after but Which date is that from - October or November ?

If I wanted to leave again after 14 October but before 22 November what would happen when I come back ? Still on Visa and able to apply for extension or only a tourist entry stamp ?

When I applied in Birmingham I gave them Police, Doctor and Bank documents showing 20K GBP but in several accounts. The visa just says "Type O" but I read recently that Non O and OA are different. How would I tell which I have ? The Border Police have initialed my stamps Non O so I think its clear but worth a question here for an extra Year !

Thanks very much. Keep up the good work.

You can not apply 7 days after, you must apply during your last 30 days of your current permisison to stay, so after Oct. 22 and Nov. 22 the latest. Do it early as your extension will start on Nov. 22 anyway.

Any time you enter before Oct. 14 you get a new stay of 90 days. But if you leave and return after Oct. 14 you will not have a valid visa anymore and only get 30 days. For any travel with a return date after Oct. 14 you need a re-entry permit to keep the visa valid.

The visa tells you what kind of visa you have. If it says non-O it means you have a regular non-O visa and not an O-A visa. (That would give entries for 1 year).

You can always do a border run before 14th Oct and get another 90 days if you wish.

You could then apply for the extension in January.

If possible, do the application in October. If you get an extension starting in January, that means every year you will be applying for a new extension at the height of the tourist season when most Immigrations offices will resemble Bedlam. October/November should be marginally less hectic.

• Like 2

Remember, the anniversary date of your one year extension will be the date that you last entered the Kingdom regardless of when you apply or when your current visa expires.. According to the OP's info, he last entered Thailand on August 25th, so his one year extension would start on that date even if applying in October or November. If he wants it to be in September or October, I would strongly suggest he exit the country and reenter (a border run would suffice) again on a date more convenient and then make his application.. As I stated in a previous post, I did that and my yearly extension is on a date convenient for me.

Good Luck!

Remember, the anniversary date of your one year extension will be the date that you last entered the Kingdom regardless of when you apply or when your current visa expires..  According to the OP's info, he last entered Thailand on August 25th, so his one year extension would start on that date even if applying in October or November.  If he wants it to be in September or October, I would strongly suggest he exit the country and reenter (a border run would suffice) again on a date more convenient and then make his application.. As I stated in a previous post, I did that and my yearly extension is on a date convenient for me. 

Good Luck!

Wrong info.

Extensions always start from your current permitted to stay date not date you entered.

Have you ever gotten an extension?

Sent from my AirPad 8" TA803D using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Please go to your local immigration office where you live ,they will gladly give you all the info you need to know,they will also help you get your extension.

Do not listen to all the stuff they write on Thai Visa Forum because you will get the wrong info,every immigration office has it own rules and regulations so it will be in your best interest to talk to them. :)) wai2.gif

• Like 1

There are standard rules and very little local office issues except for minor details. And correct information in found here if you read entire threads. Those knowing take care to correct errors and large readership gets local information. In most cases it is old information as here.

Many years ago some one year extensions were counted from visa entry date but it has been one year from end of current entry for many years now.

Sent from my i-mobile i-note WIFI3 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Remember, the anniversary date of your one year extension will be the date that you last entered the Kingdom regardless of when you apply or when your current visa expires.. According to the OP's info, he last entered Thailand on August 25th, so his one year extension would start on that date even if applying in October or November. If he wants it to be in September or October, I would strongly suggest he exit the country and reenter (a border run would suffice) again on a date more convenient and then make his application.. As I stated in a previous post, I did that and my yearly extension is on a date convenient for me.

Good Luck!

Wrong info.

Extensions always start from your current permitted to stay date not date you entered.

Have you ever gotten an extension?

Sent from my AirPad 8" TA803D using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

That's not what happened when I made my first extension based in retirement in 2005.

Like the OP, I obtained a multiple entry non - O visa from Hull. I left Thailand once and re-entered on 23rd August and was given permission to stay until around 20th November. Towards the end of October, I applied for my first extension and was given permission to stay until 23rd August 2006. Subsequent renewals are always until 23rd August the following year.

I'm assuming the OP is aware that he will need a re-entry permit should he want to leave the country for a holiday. I always go for a multiple re-entry premit as it avoids the need to go to Immigration during peak periods.

Alan

Please go to your local immigration office where you live ,they will gladly give you all the info you need to know,they will also help you get your extension.

Do not listen to all the stuff they write on Thai Visa Forum because you will get the wrong info,every immigration office has it own rules and regulations so it will be in your best interest to talk to them. smile.png) wai2.gif

This is the soundest advice, I would accept this and act accordingly.

Do not listen to all the stuff they write on Thai Visa Forum because you will get the wrong info,every immigration office has it own rules and regulations so it will be in your best interest to talk to them. smile.png) wai2.gif

This is the soundest advice, I would accept this and act accordingly.

i don't think so

given a choice i would go with the up to date advise given by lite beer, mario2008, ubonjoe & lopburi3 (not in any order) before any immigration office

these guys deal with hundreds of complicated inquiries everyday on Thaivisa for the benefit of thousands of the less informed

i doubt an Immigration office outside of the main tourist areas are asked twenty questions a day

in my opinion most immigration officers are like automatons

they just follow the rules THEY think are correct

these are not necessarily the ones that actually apply and the answers are sometimes no better than the advise passed around by barflys

its like asking a Thai for directions

if they don't know they will fabricate an answer rather than admit they don't know