Which shops stock Ninja 300?

Shurup

Congt on your new bike, it looks awesome (fiancé too, he-he).

I am very tempted to buy one myself, it's getting very good reviews all way around and sounds like great fun.

Hmm I will go to the Kawa shop on Monday and have a look, only looking, my wife would kill me if I bought one.

My fiancée was a little upset about me spending these money, after we talked about buying it for some time now, she almost bailed out in the last moment, wanted to switch to get z250 instead in a hope of saving some money. Those women, always trying to ruin all the fun. biggrin.png

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

NEVER let a woman control your money, thats the beginning of the end.

Congrats !

Top speed test in full crouch please smile.png

Opened her up to 150 kmph, I wasn't fully laying on a tank and its definitely not the limit, it was revving at around 10k i think and the red line starts from 13k. Could surely go faster but I didn't want to.

Awesomeness !

I hear top speed is like 192kph.

Now go race Mania and crush him...lol

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes I think most like last years colors better.

But with yours you get things they did not have last year wink.png

I'm a little confused now, are we talking the 2013 ninja 250 vs 2014 ninja 300 or both ninjas are 300? The pic I took at Korat is of ninja 300 I'm sure, and you folks are saying it's 2013 color.

What the 2013 is missing compared to 2014? Both are ABS with a slipper clutch, no? What else 2014 gained from a 2013?

Yes the 2013 was a 250 but basically identical to yours without these 3 differences...

1- a shorter stroke so 50cc less

2- No ABS which I am grateful not to have

3- no slipper clutch to reduce wheel lock if you should downshift without matching revs

If the pic you took of the bike in Korat is a 300 then the owner bought the 2013 side fairing then & put it on his bike

Because the 300 did not come with that color scheme

Edited by mania

Actually top speed is around 174 from what I have seen.

They did draft behind another bike once up to 190 but the 300 would not

do it on its own & found 174-179ish to be the top

Maybe after some mods though?

Edited by mania

Actually top speed is around 174 from what I have seen.

They did draft behind another bike once up to 190 but the 300 would not

do it on its own & found 174-179ish to be the top

Maybe after some mods though?

If thats true, i feel much better and less threatened on my cbr :)

whewww

Oh, that very well can be the reason, thanks Mania.

P.S. in responce to KRS comment, I don't wanna race you. :D It's a new bike for me and my 1st sports bike I don't know what it's capable of and I still need to get a feel of it, 300km on it isn't enough.

• Like 1

Oh, that very well can be the reason, thanks Mania.

P.S. in responce to KRS comment, I don't wanna race you. biggrin.png It's a new bike for me and my 1st sports bike I don't know what it's capable of and I still need to get a feel of it, 300km on it isn't enough.

Have fun & enjoy your bike.

Take the time to get to know it well & vary your speed for the first 1000km

Let the engine break in nicely.

Nothing wrong going hard off & on. Good for the engine

Enjoy & be safe especially if you have your girl friend on the back wink.png

This was that video with the drafting

You see at 1:30 he is kind of maxed & even folds in the mirrors smile.png

But later while drafting he gets the higher top end

do you have to have your helmets chin on the tank to be completely behind the windshield? Asking because he doesnt look fully tucked.

on the cbr 250 if my chin aint touching the tank, i can only hit 163-4 kphish

btw, gutted the cat and ran a straight tube the same size as the downpipe the other day, up 10kph on those 2 straights on doi suthep now. First run on my morning wheelie : rear tire spun instead of lifting the front :) - must readjust

Just got home, awesome machine! Not saying it got crazy power but a lot more than then my Yamaha Drag Star 400. Also a lot more relaxing to ride than my other bike, never thought it would be the case. Put it on my fiancée's name as well, I know, I know, many think its not smart, but if I didn't trust her, I wouldn't marry her as well. Here's a shot, a little dirty now. laugh.pngattachicon.gif1378555858025.jpg And for all of you experts, why the plastic color scheme looks a little different from this bike I took a pic of in Korat? attachicon.gif1378556010431.jpg The bike in Korat has some upgrades on it so its possible they changed the plastics, but it's only a guess. So why the plastics look different, anyone? Sent from my GT-I9100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app Edit autocorrect smartass changes.

Why do the plastics look different? I'm sorry, I forgot to tell you that Khun Surasak only sells Chinese copies. That's why he always has stock on hand.

Okay, I know, bad joke.

• Like 2

Its a good news I've got a newer model, too bad I like the 2013 colors better.

I have that green 2013 model and I prefer the colour. Get some pictures up and give us a review.

I thought he would have one.  Too bad about the orange . . .  If you like orange, though, don't compromise.  It's worth waiting to get the one you want.  I was forced to get a black ERn6 at the time I bought it, and would have preferred red.  Then red came out the very next year.  I loved the red and changed all my body parts to red and damned if the bike didn't go faster!

TM, how much did it cost you for the plastics? I don't think I like the last year colors that much but I may end up changing my opinion and changing at least some plastics.

Its a good news I've got a newer model, too bad I like the 2013 colors better.

I have that green 2013 model and I prefer the colour. Get some pictures up and give us a review.

Not much for updates, it was raining for the most part all day yesterday, during the sunny breaks I managed to wash the car and 2 bikes, managed to get sunburn doing it and went to town to 711, tried to test the slipper clutch too, got her up to speed, clicked a few gears down, dumped the clutch and... the rear end slid. So it didn't work but I'm blaming the wet road, have to try again when it's dry out.

I thought he would have one. Too bad about the orange . . . If you like orange, though, don't compromise. It's worth waiting to get the one you want. I was forced to get a black ERn6 at the time I bought it, and would have preferred red. Then red came out the very next year. I loved the red and changed all my body parts to red and damned if the bike didn't go faster!

TM, how much did it cost you for the plastics? I don't think I like the last year colors that much but I may end up changing my opinion and changing at least some plastics.

Changing out all the colored plastics on my ER6n cost right in the ballpark of 10,000 baht, which I thought was a pretty good deal and way better than a paint job. If you buy the parts from Khun Surasak or Rama 9, you should get a 10% discount. Khun Surasak will give you the 10% and put them on for you at no additional charge. He is also willing to ship parts by post, which is how I get my parts since I live in Phitsanulok.

There was a guy named Tony that used to post on TV, whom all of you know who have been monitoring Bikes in Thailand for many years. He could be counted on to weigh in on practically any technical issue and was one of the most knowledgeable posters on Bikes in Thailand. He was a bit arrogant at times, but a guy with his knowledge level has a right to be. Unfortunately, he finally had his fill of the poor and biased TV moderation and the posters whose only purpose is to stir up some shit and bailed out of TV. A great loss, IMHO.

The reason I mention him is he can arrange carbon fibering of any of your parts you wish to have done that way. The work is absolutely top drawer. If interested, PM me with your e-mail address and I will forward it on to Tony with a request for him to contact you.

• Like 2

Ninja is getting near its 1st sevice great bike and good power, wouldn't want any smaller than this though.

Tested the slipper clutch on dry pavement now, just like last time I got her up to speed, downshifted a few gears, dumped the clutch and ... nothing happened until the speed dropped a bit and then the engine rev went up. Didn't loose the traction like then last time.

On another note, what are the rules about riding with no plate? One of my mates told me I can ride the bike with no plates in the province I bought it, but I can't ride it in another province with no plates. While I was in the Kawa shop in Nakhon Sawan though, I asked if I can ride the bike with no plates and was told there are no problems, as long as I carry all of the receipts with me showing that I paid for the bike, insurance, etc.

So what are rules re: riding with no plate?

On another note, what are the rules about riding with no plate? One of my mates told me I can ride the bike with no plates in the province I bought it, but I can't ride it in another province with no plates. While I was in the Kawa shop in Nakhon Sawan though, I asked if I can ride the bike with no plates and was told there are no problems, as long as I carry all of the receipts with me showing that I paid for the bike, insurance, etc.

So what are rules re: riding with no plate?

Your mate is right. You are not allowed to ride in another province as long as you have no plates. But many people do it and have no problems. But maybe some do have?

i like this "can do...no problem" laugh.png

Edit:

Funny rule for people living near the border of provinces...

Edited by wantan

What puzzles me and surprises when I was getting my CBR500, 300 was nowhere to be seen. Now that I look at it, I like it what baffles me is that its faster than CBR500 and its cheaper. I saw people doing 0-100 in 5 secs flat, with top speed of 194. I was flat on my tank on CBR500 and could go faster than 180. What a shame, I guess extra weight plays a big role here.

What puzzles me and surprises when I was getting my CBR500, 300 was nowhere to be seen. Now that I look at it, I like it what baffles me is that its faster than CBR500 and its cheaper. I saw people doing 0-100 in 5 secs flat, with top speed of 194. I was flat on my tank on CBR500 and could go faster than 180. What a shame, I guess extra weight plays a big role here.

how long did you hold the throttle to hit 180kph?

was your helmet behind the windshield also, or were you peeking over?

0-100 in 5 seconds isnt hard, my 250 can do that....the 500 sounds puzzling. blink.png

0-100 in 5 seconds isnt hard, my 250 can do that....the 500 sounds puzzling. blink.png

I had throttle full whack after 120kph held it till bike stopped gaining speed for 20 seconds. I was fully tucked in on a tank with my helmet behind windshield. On my dyno I got to 195 (but not much weight with a skinny thai guy plus no wind resistance). I had minor accident falling on a bike before, but it was only fairings that had to be replaced, dont think that will affect performance. When the bike hits 160 its picking speed up quite slowly, 170 is a push it really takes a while a to get to 180, felt like forever.

Edited by sup3r1or

I had throttle full whack after 120kph held it till bike stopped gaining speed for 20 seconds. I was fully tucked in on a tank with my helmet behind windshield. On my dyno I got to 195 (but not much weight with a skinny thai guy plus no wind resistance). I had minor accident falling on a bike before, but it was only fairings that had to be replaced, dont think that will affect performance. When the bike hits 160 its picking speed up quite slowly, 170 is a push it really takes a while a to get to 180, felt like forever.

ok gotcha, hows the tire pressure and is your chain fully lubed up?...it should look wet.

the amount of fuel in the tank will also have an effect on top speed, extra weight....the rear tire is also bigger/heavier and can account for 10kph loss...it only needs a 140.

but still, its a 500 vs 300....i figured it would be pulling harder from 160kph, maybe it just needs to be broken in more...

what fuel do you use? I think newer Hondas can take E20 so if this is what you use, I bet it's not running at a full power, E20 isn't good for preformance and probably neither it's good for the mileage (mixed opinions on this), but it's cheap... Try a couple of tanks of Benzine 95 (not Gasohol 95) and see how it goes.

Superior i think you are mistaken as no way ninja300 is faster than cbr500 both for top speed and 0-100 m.

Just search the net bit man. Not the youtube videos showing people going downhill with fully modified bikes!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Since the 300 came out, the 250 dropped to a 152,000 and the 300 is going for 182,000. With all the tax and insurance and everything, I paid 195,000 out the door.

Since the 300 came out, the 250 dropped to a 152,000 and the 300 is going for 182,000. With all the tax and insurance and everything, I paid 195,000 out the door.

Actually no

The price for the 250 Ninja was still 162,500k if you could find one

151,500k is for a Z250 not a Ninja 250

Here in CR I asked KAwa they told me 176k for 300 that was about a month ago.

IIL I read testing by a couple of guys on CBR500Riders forum which seems to confrim the same thing that ninja 300 is slightly faster. Top speed definitely. I have not tried one but thinking about asking Kawa for a test drive just to see how it handles.

Shurup I use Gasohol E10 Shell V-Power. I would not got for E20 as BigWing advised not to fill in with that and manual with tank stickers shows E10. I did try benzine when I just bought a bike but felt V-Power made bike a bit smoother. Theoretically higher % of Ethanol should give more power at least that is the case with sport cars.

Theoretically pure petroleum gives more power as it contains more energy (BTU) per volume burnt comparing to ethanol blends (E10 and E20). This is however a whole separate topic to discuss and I don't want to start another debate.

Can't believe the 500 couldn't outrun the new ninja, do the 500s have limiters?

How many kms do you have on yours? Maybe it's still breaking in?

Theoretically pure petroleum gives more power as it contains more energy (BTU) per volume burnt comparing to ethanol blends (E10 and E20). This is however a whole separate topic to discuss and I don't want to start another debate.

Can't believe the 500 couldn't outrun the new ninja, do the 500s have limiters?

How many kms do you have on yours? Maybe it's still breaking in?

I don't want to get into the fuel debate either as it is beating a dead horse at this point. But you are absolutely and unequivocally right.