Which shops stock Ninja 300?

Shurup

Here in CR I asked KAwa they told me 176k for 300 that was about a month ago.

Is there enough difference in quality or size to justify the 16,000 baht difference ? After all, we're looking at just 50 cc difference.

Is the 300 bigger than the 250 in size ? The 250 doesn't give that "vroom ! vroom !" sensation when you blow the accelerator.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

IIL I read testing by a couple of guys on CBR500Riders forum which seems to confrim the same thing that ninja 300 is slightly faster. Top speed definitely. I have not tried one but thinking about asking Kawa for a test drive just to see how it handles.

Shurup I use Gasohol E10 Shell V-Power. I would not got for E20 as BigWing advised not to fill in with that and manual with tank stickers shows E10. I did try benzine when I just bought a bike but felt V-Power made bike a bit smoother. Theoretically higher % of Ethanol should give more power at least that is the case with sport cars.  

No possible superior.

You can check gearing commander.com and compare theoratical top speeds of the bikes.

Ninja300 can make 164 kph max gps speed it says there and cbr500 20kph more.

Also for 0-100 m cbr500 is faster.

You will understand once you test ride a ninja300.

And i agree woth you shell v power is the best fuel herw imo. I think it also cleans the injectors as it has some chemicals inside.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Is there enough difference in quality or size to justify the 16,000 baht difference ?  After all, we're looking at just 50 cc difference.

Is the 300 bigger than the 250 in size ?  The 250 doesn't give that "vroom ! vroom !" sensation when you blow the accelerator.

I don't know how is it possible they sell it for less than the other stores? Before I bought mine I checked at 3 different shops: BKK, Korat and Nakhon Sawan (where I bought from as they had one in stock). It was 182,500 baht everywhere and the waiting list was 2-3 months long. Obviously the demand is higher than the supply, there's no need to lower the prices. That one for 176K might be a demo bike or something, I'd call to confirm.

So the price difference is more than 16,000 baht but IMHO is totally worth it. It's not just 50cc extra, the 300 also got a slipper clutch and an ABS, which some folks say they don't want, but its there. Power wise the new 300 making around 37 HP I recall, which is about 10 HP more than the 250, which is over 40% power increase! It worth it!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Shurup? anymore updates? I am still waiting for mine but would love to hear some stories, the good and the bad.

I've ordered the orange one but everyday I start to doubt more. this I thought everyone would drive green so I wanted to have a bit diffrent than all the bikes you see. but in real they all look really great and even start to think abou the white one now.

the downside is that if I chose to change for the white one I never really had to wait and could drive out straight away instead of waiting now already for a month and have one more to go...

Is there enough difference in quality or size to justify the 16,000 baht difference ? After all, we're looking at just 50 cc difference.

Is the 300 bigger than the 250 in size ? The 250 doesn't give that "vroom ! vroom !" sensation when you blow the accelerator.

Yes there is, anyone who says no, has never ridden an equivalent engine with a longer stroke.

Kawas intention wasnt to increase displacement, it was to increase torque and there is no better way than increasing the stroke, which also results in higher displacement.

the 300 also has a slipper clutch.

IIL I read testing by a couple of guys on CBR500Riders forum which seems to confrim the same thing that ninja 300 is slightly faster. Top speed definitely. I have not tried one but thinking about asking Kawa for a test drive just to see how it handles.

Shurup I use Gasohol E10 Shell V-Power. I would not got for E20 as BigWing advised not to fill in with that and manual with tank stickers shows E10. I did try benzine when I just bought a bike but felt V-Power made bike a bit smoother. Theoretically higher % of Ethanol should give more power at least that is the case with sport cars.

No possible superior.

You can check gearing commander.com and compare theoratical top speeds of the bikes.

Ninja300 can make 164 kph max gps speed it says there and cbr500 20kph more.

Also for 0-100 m cbr500 is faster.

You will understand once you test ride a ninja300.

And i agree woth you shell v power is the best fuel herw imo. I think it also cleans the injectors as it has some chemicals inside.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I need to try it out myself. I tried Ninja 250 and obviously the difference was noticeble. Having said that I could never get my bike anywhere close to 194km/h. Max I got out was 180 and for that i had to wait for ages when I hit 167. That was a speedometer speed if I used GPS that would probably be slower:( IIL do you think IXIL XOVS full system would make bigger difference than a slip on Leo Vince ?

Just stopped into the Kawa show room in Surat, had some time to kill... Never do that, it can be dangerous. I think the 300 is a thing of beauty, I like it in white !!

Mrs said straight away, buy it :) The manager kindly offered me a test ride, which I declined this time as I only had shorts and flops on but I will be back in town next week for a spin on it...

Like the look of the new ER6 N too but think the 300 is plenty machine for li'l old me....

Any more reports from those that have just bought ???

Not much for the updstes, great bike with great fuel economy. Went for a ride with my fiancé recently, she's on a new ninja, I'm on my chopper, stopped at the fuel pump together, returned home me about 1/4 tank left, her is about 3/4 and the tanks are about the same sizes. Cruising speed was about 90 kph in average.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• 1 month later...

I like it. It's very light (comparing to my cruiser bike) and got good enough power. It's mostly for my GF to ride when we ride together and it's plenty of power for her. I take for quick zips around the area and when ride by myself and honestly, this is the smallest CC I'd go with.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• 4 months later...

I hear top speed is like 192kph.

Actually top speed is around 174 from what I have seen.

They did draft behind another bike once up to 190 but the 300 would not

do it on its own & found 174-179ish to be the top

Maybe after some mods though?

Went to Korat today riding Ninja. Top speed achieved was 173 kmh in a full crotch. It took a really long time to get to this speed, I was riding against fairly strong head wind and for a while stuck at 169 and thought that was it and then I felt the wind pressure lessened and the speed jumped up to 173. Didn't push further as I was running out of the road. On a way back got up to 172 fairly quick but again didn't push further due to the road traffic. I think closer to 180 would be the absolute max for the stock bike, with a skinny short rider on top.

Sent from a Nuclear Submarine.

• Like 1

Went to Korat today riding Ninja. Top speed achieved was 173 kmh in a full crotch. It took a really long time to get to this speed, I was riding against fairly strong head wind and for a while stuck at 169 and thought that was it and then I felt the wind pressure lessened and the speed jumped up to 173. Didn't push further as I was running out of the road. On a way back got up to 172 fairly quick but again didn't push further due to the road traffic. I think closer to 180 would be the absolute max for the stock bike, with a skinny short rider on top.

Sounds about right to me & from what I have heard from reliable 300 riders.

On my own 250 I see 163 but as always in any top speed I mention it is within 10 sec or less

after clicking into 6th gear

I have no desire nor roads really to get in 6th & hold it WFO for minutes etc.

Edited by mania
  • Like 1