Commerce Ministry wants Thailand to be ASEAN logistics hub

webfact

Commerce Ministry wants Thailand to be ASEAN logistics hub
By English News

13782792623555.jpg

BANGKOK, Sept 4 - Thailand's Ministry of Commerce hopes that Thailand will become the logistics hub of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN).

Deputy Commerce Minister Nattawut Saikua said today after presiding at the opening ceremony of “Thailand International Logistics Fair 2013” at the capital's BITEC exhibition centre that he believed Thai entrepreneurs could compete with neighbouring countries regarding the readiness of Thailand's logistics system before the ASEAN Economic Community (AEC) is initiated in 2015.

He said the government's Bt2 trillion infrastructure mega project would be a chance for Thai entrepreneurs to do business with the government and thus push the country to become the logistics hub of ASEAN.

According to the deputy minister, Thailand's logistics costs count for 14 per cent of the country's gross domestic product (GDP), a rate which is considered high. Both the public and private sectors are dealing with reducing the cost, which Mr Nattawut believed will be able to do in the future.

At the fair, a seminar on logistics is being offered as well as an exposition on the 2013 logistics entrepreneurs winners. The fair, held from today through Saturday, is expected to attract over 10,000 Thais and foreigners from ASEAN countries along with China, South Korea, and Japan. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2013-09-04

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They should change from Land Of Smiles to Land Of Hubs .

Yes they should, so everyone would know that Thailand is the HUB of everything to anything....& the government don't have to announce a new hub everyweek.:unsure:

Sent from my GT-I9200 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

clap2.gifcheesy.gif Here comes the arrogance, ignorance and hubris to full bloom, a nation with a non-functional government, where few could speak only broken english, were influence and money takes you above the law, were human rights do not exists, a socitey who barely can count to three without a calculator or their fingers and still think they are the middle of the world, wants to be the ASEAN HUB, that is a dam_n good joke this afternoon!wai2.gifpost-4641-1156694606.gif

Surely you meant 'ignorance and hub-ris to full bloom

The Thaksin faction seem to be having a hard time finding a place to put this little BS artist. He has shown that his 'management schooling' was a waste of time, and money, although I doubt he put much effort into the studies.

His various appointments to plum positions have resulted in negative flow of capital with virtually no benifet to the popullation they should have been meant for. In fact it seems that every position since his 'riot performance' he has been given has blackened what little credibility that section may have had. Another example of the atributes he has not displayed, "you have to have balls and intelligence to be a successful corrupt politican"

Even if I didn't know many other ugly facts of Thai socio-econo-political life (but I do!) I would be bound to smell a rat.

Are Thais suffering from giganto-mania or plain vocabulary deficiency ?

Why does it always have to be either a 'crackdown' or a 'hub' ?

It is really comical...

Thanks God I can sit back and relax. Not my business. Being a Farang does have an advantage... biggrin.png

• Like 1

Wuttanut this Kn Nuttawut......

intelligence and ability mean nothing in this country, the only important thing is money......commit a crime, post bail then do a runner.... thats what they know

How on earth does a country clean up a mess like this that took generations to ingrain??

Hub of logistics...... how many train derailments in the past few months....

• Like 2

Another hub.....wonder how many hubs are left to announce. Seems to be they announce every so often becoming the hub of this or the hub of that. Anyone have any idea how long this running gag has being gone on. Has to be by far one of the most boring jokes ive seen

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

logistics hub of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN).

Sure Singapore would beg to differ....hubba hubba..

Have to agree here, Singapore will already have sewn this up. How can you be top HUB if you are not even joining until at least a year after the start, why would anyone want to wait?

They should change from Land Of Smiles to Land Of Hubs .

Land of DREAMS more like!!!!!!!!!!! or hold the front page.......................scooooop..........................

Thailand to change its name to................."Hubland"

Please, good lord, not another hub, pleaaaaase! Will it never end?!

What is it with Thai politicians and their "hubsession"?

We wouldn't complain if they even got one single hub right, but it only seems one "hubnouncement" after another after another after...

Just shut the hub up and govern this country already!

I feel like I'm developing a serious "hubsosis" because of this never-ending trifle about hubs and more hubs and still more hubs.

Edited by Misterwhisper

Ah my god now the logistics HUB. I guess they will be excluding rail/transport component from that.

Two threads on two grandiose schemes to create two more hubs for the country.

Is this really Thailand or is it Fantasy Island ?

Hub Hub hurray! Regarding your question- are you sure there is any difference? Or is ithe typical same same but Bs?

• Like 2

Logistics!!

The day will come and go and they'll still be talking about the 'infrastructure mega project' yet won't even have trains that can stay on the tracks.

Edit: sorry, forgot to include 'hub' in there somewhere.

Edited by Songhua

I just wonder where and how do they hire those ministers . everyday its hub this hub that .... but till now ...nothing !!! Thailand is already the Hub of road accidents at least one hub is working well.

I dont understand why they have to create more and more hubs, they already have some many hubs to be proud of:

A regional hub of jet ski scammers

A regional hub of police extortion

A regional hub of prostitution

A regional hub of foreign men marrying farm girls

A regional hub of proxy prime ministers

etc etc

• Like 1