The End is Nigh. Beer increased by ฿60 a box of 12 btls

banglay

Went to buy my usual weekly supply of beerburp.gif.pagespeed.ce.RBpw6FUyRR.gif only to find it had been increased by ฿60 per box......Has anyone else been stung yet or is it just me.???.

yet another government stealth tax well at least we all know it'll go to the needy of Thailand cheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gif

Edited by banglay

How is it 'stealth' tax?

stealth tax
Definition
A form of tax imposed indirectly on goods and is often overlooked by taxpayers. Unlike income taxes which are imposed directly on the income of the taxpayer, the stealth tax is smaller in rate and is collectible at point of sale. Examples include the value added tax and the sales tax.

How is it 'stealth' tax?

Weeell, seeing that any tax collection here is a laugh in LOS, the only thing everyone buys is booze, hey prestooooo, TAX from everyone. smile.png

Not really, many of us here in Thailand manage to enjoy life without benefit of alcoholic beverage consumption. So I say, like fags and lottery tickets...tax away.

How is it 'stealth' tax?

Weeell, seeing that any tax collection here is a laugh in LOS, the only thing everyone buys is booze, hey prestooooo, TAX from everyone. smile.png

Not really, many of us here in Thailand manage to enjoy life without benefit of alcoholic beverage consumption. So I say, like fags and lottery tickets...tax away.

Who's referring to a few farangs ? rolleyes.gif

Beer bottles in supermarkets almost same price as in Europe now.

I don't know where you come from, but in my home country, beer is way cheaper than here..

For example: A box of (cheap) beer starts at ~5€ .

That's 20 [email protected] liter (10 liter for ~200 Baht)

That's half the price from here...or less.

We are talking beer here, not knats peeeeeeee. rolleyes.gif ........................whistling.gif

the price of beer in the shop varies greatly from country to country in Europe. In the UK and Ireland I found it outrageous.

The cheapest I think is Germany, where beer is taxed like food. Quality, name - brand beer can be less than 20 Baht a 0.5l bottle/can, and you get cut - price brands for the aforementioned 5 EUR per 20 btls.

• Like 1

Who drinks at home anyway? What does this mean in the bars? 10 baht per bottle?

Who drinks at home anyway? :- I like drinking at home .There's nothing nicer than chilling out on a evening sat next to your swimming pool with the Ribs & Chicken sizzling on the BBQ and a fridge full of ice cold beer.

What does this mean in the bars? :- Not bothered anymore! ".Bought the Tee shirt" as they say now grown up and enjoy the finer things in life.

• Like 1

Who drinks at home anyway? What does this mean in the bars? 10 baht per bottle?

Who drinks at home anyway? :- I like drinking at home .There's nothing nicer than chilling out on a evening sat next to your swimming pool with the Ribs & Chicken sizzling on the BBQ and a fridge full of ice cold beer.

What does this mean in the bars? :- Not bothered anymore! ".Bought the Tee shirt" as they say now grown up and enjoy the finer things in life.

I think you need a few fine friends