Thai police call sexual harassment claim a "nonsense case"

webfact

Not often I agree with the Thai police, but seriously ??? Stupid and of course it should not happen, but hardly a case for Thailands finest ? whistling.gif

Offender looking forward to the reinactment !!giggle.gif

Would you be so flippant if it happened to your daughter?

If she shouldn't have reported it to the Police who do you suggest she reports it to?

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is doing a couple of days in jail. She probably could have handled it better. A good slap and a dressing down

of the offender in public. Many lady boys grab tourists testicles on the streets. No need to call Thailand's finest.

• Like 1

So...other people were frustrated, so she should not feel harassed?

When is the harassment report- worthy?

When he gropes her under her skirt?

When less people are made inconvenient by the woman who has been harassed?

When it is YOUR daughter, who was touched and groped by a stranger on a bus?

When is a harrassment report worthy? When it is serious and when it can't be dealt with by the people on the spot. In this case, a clever woman would have just shamed the man verbally in the eyes of all the other passengers. That would have been enough to punish most Thai men and make them pretty reluctant to do it again. Those are the two things the woman should want. A clever woman wouldn't have to go to the police over it. I guess this was not a clever woman.

If she is not 'clever' (as you put it), or does not have the strength, confidence or verbal dexterity to give the man a slap or a dressing down, that is all the more reason that she should have received the assistance of the police.

Also, the other van passengers, what a bunch of selfish xxxxx.

Edited by metisdead
Vulgar word removed.
  • Like 1

Not often I agree with the Thai police, but seriously ??? Stupid and of course it should not happen, but hardly a case for Thailands finest ? whistling.gif

Offender looking forward to the reinactment !!giggle.gif

Probably did it to see how pissed off she could get strangers to be at her.

Sexual harassment is a real thing and should be punished. But their is a limit to what is sexual harassment and what is not. It also will vary from person to person. I have known women that would yell sexual harassment if you touched them lightly on the shoulder.

And I know women who if say if they are sexually harassed say they will not report it but they will grade it !!

Sexual harassment is a real thing and should be punished. But their is a limit to what is sexual harassment and what is not. It also will vary from person to person. I have known women that would yell sexual harassment if you touched them lightly on the shoulder

Grabbing a woman's breast is not sexual harassment, it is indecent assault

• Like 1

Sexual harassment is a real thing and should be punished. But their is a limit to what is sexual harassment and what is not. It also will vary from person to person. I have known women that would yell sexual harassment if you touched them lightly on the shoulder

I agree with that statement. What bothers me is that the people who were there did not see the incident as a bad thing. So I would like to know the rest of the story. There is always the other side to it and then there is the truth.

I agree with that statement. What bothers me is that the people who were there did not see the incident as a bad thing. So I would like to know the rest of the story. There is always the other side to it and then there is the truth.

It's hard to see what the other side of the story is? The girl accused the man of touching her breast, he either did or he didn't

The hobo did not paw the other people on the van so it was not their problem. The fact that the girl wanted to detour the van made it their problem and they objected. Typical arrogant city slickers.

The posters who made the dumb comments regarding this incident would probably not do so if it was their daughter,wife or girlfriend who was indecently assaulted. People are funny like that. Let's hope it never happens to them. whistling.gif

The hobo did not paw the other people on the van so it was not their problem. The fact that the girl wanted to detour the van made it their problem and they objected. Typical arrogant city slickers.

The posters who made the dumb comments regarding this incident would probably not do so if it was their daughter,wife or girlfriend who was indecently assaulted. People are funny like that. Let's hope it never happens to them. whistling.gif

Don't know about you, but my wife,daughter and girlfriend would have whacked him...giggle.gif

Depending on the situation and conversations in the van at the time, is what would clear things up, it couldn't have been serious otherwise,all the other passengers wouldn't be saying waste of time, of course no one has the right to touch anybody anywhere, secondly if he is homeless,what should we do,hang him? was he drunk? is he mentally unstable? a slap in the face would have worked and amused the spectators..IMHO...giggle.gif

Umm no. Thais do not stand up for people they do not know, and certainly not if it inconveniences them. There is about zero social responsibility here though it is offset by the large social circles Thais generate for themselves by networking. Why? Because they can personally profit by using people they know - it is the system. As for the woman who had her breast felt you could say to brush it off (sic) but then if everyone did we would have the ministry of culture down demanding a clean sweep of all the touchy Thais

Not often I agree with the Thai police, but seriously ??? Stupid and of course it should not happen, but hardly a case for Thailands finest ? 19x18xwhistling.gif.pagespeed.ic.YFbFEjG width=19 alt=whistling.gif>

Offender looking forward to the reinactment !!giggle.gif width=20 alt=giggle.gif>

She just want money for the so called harassment, no big deal this time, better luck next time if a falang touch her breast, full package with photos at the police station, name, nationality and pointing fingers :-)

• Like 2

He is doing a couple of days in jail. She probably could have handled it better. A good slap and a dressing down

of the offender in public. Many lady boys grab tourists testicles on the streets. No need to call Thailand's finest.

Better accept we are not all of the same mindset, I for one object to having my testicles grabbed in public by males or femalesblink.png

• Like 1