Thai police call sexual harassment claim a "nonsense case"

webfact

Didn't Shakespeare say 'much ado about nothing'...

Sexual harrasment is a western concept. This is a country where less than a century ago, a blouse was a rich womans clothing and topless was the norm. Even today, there are villages where the women wear no shirt and no underwear and think nothing of someone watching.

Primates behave the same worldwide, whether human or ape, yet people try to change that which has always been 'Human'...

I did not say it was intelligent, but we have two sides to our character.

I am reminded of a woman I was romancing in private, who was saying NO,! NO,!, as she unbuttoned her blouse.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't Shakespeare say 'much ado about nothing'...

Sexual harrasment is a western concept. This is a country where less than a century ago, a blouse was a rich womans clothing and topless was the norm. Even today, there are villages where the women wear no shirt and no underwear and think nothing of someone watching.

Primates behave the same worldwide, whether human or ape, yet people try to change that which has always been 'Human'...

I did not say it was intelligent, but we have two sides to our character.

I am reminded of a woman I was romancing in private, who was saying NO,! NO,!, as she unbuttoned her blouse.

...and just a short while ago, we were burning witches!

What is your point?

So...other people were frustrated, so she should not feel harassed?

When is the harassment report- worthy?

When he gropes her under her skirt?

When less people are made inconvenient by the woman who has been harassed?

When it is YOUR daughter, who was touched and groped by a stranger on a bus?

Your post is EXACTLY correct.

Thousands of Thai woman are subjected to and victims of SEXUAL HARASSMENT or worse sexual classified crimes. But they fear reporting it to the proper authorities.

It should NEVER be condoned...

Of course it is a nonsense case for the Police as the perpetrator cannot be extorted as he doesn't have any material wealth.

As already pointed out the other passengers would not want to have the inconvenience of actually assisting this woman.

A complete lack of social and moral responsibility on display yet again.

Money number one.

Homeless mans side of the horrific ordeal.

I only wanted to help support her. clap2.gifcheesy.gif

No seriously I think the police have it, right on the money with this one. Just take a look at all the young Americans that are being put away as sexual predators, has it stopped sexual crimes

no! they have went up and the grey area has turned into a free for all leverage for feminist groups.

Most Thai police have away in taken care of serious offenses. Making males pay on the spot.

How many times has a man been groped by a women and filed a claim? giggle.gif The equality in sucking up is sometime unfair isn't it.

Come on I know there is someone out there who is going to say something stupid. LIke, " SHe's a women". I never said what he did was right but I am not in favor of any law, I am in favor of giving her a stun gun and let her take care fo the issue herself. clap2.gif

How do we know, it was not one of the many homeless Farangs living in Thailand that harassed her? Would seem logical right?

...Guy goes to Thailand and finds girlfriend. She scams him for all his money. He becomes homeless, but decides to take the bus to his embassy for them to help him. With 20 THB left, he decides to spend it on a bit of fun... Yes, must be a Farang! Thai guys would never do something like this.

Joking aside... Finally a situation, where I agree with the police. Sad he goes to jail for a few days, when rich kids here can kill policemen with their car and never go to jail. Thailand has much more serious stuff to take care of than this woman.

Edited by btwretail

Good to see that thaivisa really is an OAP board, normal people would not condone what this guy did. Just old fossils think its normal not people who have been raised properly.

As we all know females are not as strong as males and at a disadvantage as a male you can often easily take care of unwanted attentions. Now it was only her breast if nothing is said who knows next time the guy rapes someone. This is relatively minor but could lead to more.

Good to see that thaivisa really is an OAP board, normal people would not condone what this guy did. Just old fossils think its normal not people who have been raised properly.

As we all know females are not as strong as males and at a disadvantage as a male you can often easily take care of unwanted attentions. Now it was only her breast if nothing is said who knows next time the guy rapes someone. This is relatively minor but could lead to more.

Perhaps you should NOT classify all "old fossils" as the same in their thinking about this topic.

Would be better to use the term "brain dead, alcohol impaired, society misfits" for thaivisa members that think or agree it is funny or OK to sexually fondle or harass any person.

Perhaps you should NOT classify all "old fossils" as the same in their thinking about this topic.

Would be better to use the term "brain dead, alcohol impaired, society misfits" for thaivisa members that think or agree it is funny or OK to sexually fondle or harass any person.

I could agree with you there just find it old fashioned thinking.

But you are right there might be some older guys who do know its wrong and do know it is a first step.

I could agree with you there just find it old fashioned thinking.

But you are right there might be some older guys who do know its wrong and do know it is a first step.

There are some of us 'older guys' who've thought it was wrong since probably before you were born coffee1.gif

• Like 1

There needs to be moderation and common sense in all things. The guy of course did wrong and should be brought to bear for it. The cops were wrong in saying it was nonsense. I dare say if anyone reading this was with their gf or wife and the same thing happened we would probably punch the guy's lights out as this is never appropriate action toward a female.

In this case evidently there were witnesses. They were not concerned with the victom's issue. What should have happened is the guy should have grabbed the breast of every woman. Then we would have seen if their attitude changed. When would it have become not nonsense? After two, three or four women?

I realize this is not as serious as someone being raped but the lackadaisical attitude in this instance leads me to believe it is not an isolated incident. This kind of attitude only supports and perpetuates more serious abuse toward women which is rampant in this country.

• Like 2

oh yeah, that's why in US about 50% of so called "sexual harassment" is fake, even 4 y o boy was charged as a harasser when he touched his teacher's breast.

and when it was even proved not true no women was charged for false accusation. Any women in US knows - the easiest way to revenge is to make a false accusation in harassment - and it will be very hard for an accused man to prove his innocence. And if its just word against word - the judge will believe a woman (because of left-wing indoctrination). (same with racist "hate crimes", Zimmermann case for example.) This is just an instrument which minority uses to manipulate majority. Literally - a dictatorship of minority which destroy the institution of family and boost a number of social parasites who believe that majority owes them, just because they are women, American Indians, blacks, homosexuals etc.

if western society thinks it's ok - its there own choice, but why do you believe you have a moral right to teach other nations, such as Thailand, how they should use there own laws?! Why don't keep your destructive leftist ideas for yourself?

Red herring

This case is proven, and if there is misuse of a system that has to be punished. False claims should be punished that is also normal no argument from me but to not have the law because it could be misused is crazy.

Could you please come up with some good arguments ?

Actually a good argument would be to leave it to the Thai way of thinking, our western opinions don't fit in or mean <deleted> here.

I could be mistaken but it was a Thai female.. Thai police.. Thai homeless guy. Nothing here says foreigner. They seem to have the same problems with it as us. That the police did not act... they never act when there is no money for them in it.

I am pretty sure even under Thai law this is punishable.

• Like 1

That is precisely why so many Thai Women are abused, beaten, and raped, because nothing gets done. If a man can get away with touching a women's breast, he can get away with abusing women, if he can get away with abusing women, he can get away with rape.

who cares anyway, in Asia a women are just a second class citizens. with hardly any rights. she is just on earth for the pleasure of man and for reproduction purposes nothing more, nothing less.

"in Asia a women are just a second class citizens. with hardly any rights. she is just on earth for the pleasure of man and for reproduction purposes nothing more, nothing less. "

I agree with you on this point.

But including all of Asia?

(Guess you need to do some home work, my friend)

it's so sad to see how western brains are indoctrinated with so called "left-wing discourse" even if you see and understand a problem by your own eyes you can't recognize it because of blocks in your brains, indoctrinated by school teachers and media:

don't think about minority manipulates majority - its fascism!

don't think about double standards for women and men - its a sexism!

don't think about social parasites exploiting working citizens - it's nazism!

a society which denies an existence of real problems is doomed to disappear...

don't you realize that most of farang come here not because of good beaches, warm weather or cheap food, but because women here are much less indoctrinated with western feminism?

but at the same time you want to teach them to be like women in your home countries...

how adult people can be so unconscious?!

If you don't like it, go home?

Obviously the THAI- woman in this case, didn't like to be groped!

Obviously YOU would not like to be groped!

Bring me your girlfriend and let's see if YOU or SHE likes her to be groped!

You are just a male chauvinist, right wing troll and obviously like to go back to the age of the caveman...which you obviously just jumped out of!

You are free to grab my gf's breast, just be prepared for a hospital stay when she flattens you. But no, neither she nor I would report it to police.

It was a minor issue.

it's so sad to see how western brains are indoctrinated with so called "left-wing discourse" even if you see and understand a problem by your own eyes you can't recognize it because of blocks in your brains, indoctrinated by school teachers and media:

don't you realize that most of farang come here not because of good beaches, warm weather or cheap food, but because women here are much less indoctrinated with western feminism?

but at the same time you want to teach them to be like women in your home countries...

You are just a male chauvinist, right wing troll and obviously like to go back to the age of the caveman...which you obviously just jumped out of!

You are free to grab my gf's breast, just be prepared for a hospital stay when she flattens you. But no, neither she nor I would report it to police.

It was a minor issue.

You values are simply different than mine. But to each their own.

I am sooooo happy for all of you, who are married to Superwoman or a black belt- karate girl and all that...really great and awesome!

But guess what: not all women are 200 pound bear- wrestlers.

And guess what else: those small...or let's say:normal... women are what protective laws are for!

And wanna hear something really crazy: police is there to enforce those laws!

Yeeeeeees...the same police, you daily moan about, being lazy and corrupt...when you are not moaning about, how Thailand is turning into a nanny state!

Spare me, <deleted>!

• Like 1

This woman was sexually assaulted, the guy SHOULD have been reported to the police and he SHOULD have to answer for it.

If you read the full article through the link, the groper was made to answer for it. The man was thrown in a jail cell for several days. The headline and part posted here aren't the whole story

The police agreed to lock him up for a few days

I do agree with you that many of the responses from posters here are awful, but the police did actually do something. Should be more but a few days in jail for a grope is something at least.

Edited by DP25

It was a minor issue.

Just because you and your girlfriend have anger management issues does not make this a minor issue. What about the girl who is physically not able to flatten some one? Unless you choose a sumo wrestler as you have then many women cannot physically fight a male. Also many males do not have it in their physical or mental make up to physically fight. There are so many hard blokes on TV its amazing there are any left in the UK and USA. The truth is that those that claim "i would frakking flatten them" are often the wimp wannabees with small tackle.

If it were a 15 yr old girl would it be a minor issue (no pun intended)? We protect the young girl by law because we dont feel it fair that she must protect herself. We also have laws to protect others in society. The guy in question committed a sexual assault it is and should be a big deal, it is not acceptable. What a pity Mr and Mrs Neanderthal were not in the bus to 'flatten him' (more law breakers) rather than just a bus full of normal people bitching and moaning they were going to be late.

• Like 1

It was a minor issue.

Just because you and your girlfriend have anger management issues does not make this a minor issue. What about the girl who is physically not able to flatten some one? Unless you choose a sumo wrestler as you have then many women cannot physically fight a male. Also many males do not have it in their physical or mental make up to physically fight. There are so many hard blokes on TV its amazing there are any left in the UK and USA. The truth is that those that claim "i would frakking flatten them" are often the wimp wannabees with small tackle.

If it were a 15 yr old girl would it be a minor issue (no pun intended)? We protect the young girl by law because we dont feel it fair that she must protect herself. We also have laws to protect others in society. The guy in question committed a sexual assault it is and should be a big deal, it is not acceptable. What a pity Mr and Mrs Neanderthal were not in the bus to 'flatten him' (more law breakers) rather than just a bus full of normal people bitching and moaning they were going to be late.

No anger management issues, never had reason to hit anyone, except whilst playing football as a young lad. The gf hasn't had reason to hit anyone, but grabbing her on the breast would be enough reason and in my view, warranted. But telling the police is over the top. Smack the guy and put him in his place, that is all that is needed. If you are inclined to just sit there and do nothing when a guy grabs your gf or wife on the breast is a matter for you.

In the case of a 15 year old that is different as she is underage. But there is no mention of the girl in the OP being underage so is a moot point.

This woman was sexually assaulted, the guy SHOULD have been reported to the police and he SHOULD have to answer for it.

If you read the full article through the link, the groper was made to answer for it. The man was thrown in a jail cell for several days. The headline and part posted here aren't the whole story

The police agreed to lock him up for a few days

I do agree with you that many of the responses from posters here are awful, but the police did actually do something. Should be more but a few days in jail for a grope is something at least.

I read the article i was answering a poster. How can the police decide to lock him up for a few days? The idea is that the police process him in accordance with the law. A judge decides how long he should be locked up for and the police detain him until bail is set or he sees a judge. Either way the police are there to ensure the process of law is carried out they are not there to allocate punishment.

No anger management issues, never had reason to hit anyone, except whilst playing football as a young lad. The gf hasn't had reason to hit anyone, but grabbing her on the breast would be enough reason and in my view, warranted. But telling the police is over the top. Smack the guy and put him in his place, that is all that is needed. If you are inclined to just sit there and do nothing when a guy grabs your gf or wife on the breast is a matter for you.

In the case of a 15 year old that is different as she is underage. But there is no mention of the girl in the OP being underage so is a moot point.

So you have decided that if a man touches your girlfriends breasts it warrants a physical slap. Why is that? What reason? You are saying the action deserves a reaction from you that is also against the law. What if the girl cannot slap him? What if by virtue of genetics the boyfriend cant slap the offender either? That is the reason we have police and laws to protect normal law abiding citizens. Societies such as the one you advocate belong in the stone age. Edited by GentlemanJim
  • Like 2

What we can say if even men now are feminists...

Thailand lived happily without you for a 1000 years, If you don't like how things are going on in Thailand - why don't you just leave it alone and keep to yourself all the leftists organizations such is Human Rights Watch or Amnesty International who try to dictate there point of view to other countries?

Why do you always think you know it better how others should live?

I could tell you, what I really think you are, but I like to keep my posting rights!

So I just keep my opinion: you are a troll!

He is about as qualified to talk about history as he is sexual harassment.

• Like 1