illegal organ harvesting in thailand

Mur

Someone is spiining you a whopper.

All over the world these stories are told and that is all that they ever are, stories.

When I lived in England the urban ledgend was that people were being drugged in nightclubs and waking up in an ice bath minus a kidney.

Do you really believe that if this had happened no media sources would have picked up the story by now?

you didnt read about the case in china a few days ago then. I saw it on yahoo news and in printed form. I wish I could believe that people are'nt capable of such things, but sadly I know they are, and you would be naive to think that they are'nt I would say

Yes it is really happening all around the world. How ever most of the events are actually just myth. But there are real occurrences.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's right! I was a victim of this Mafia//...Woke up after many many bottles of Whiskey, beer and other alcoholic beverages near Surin, just to find out that they'd exchanged my liver!

I swear, I had a better functioning one before.- coffee1.gif

Someone is spiining you a whopper.

All over the world these stories are told and that is all that they ever are, stories.

When I lived in England the urban ledgend was that people were being drugged in nightclubs and waking up in an ice bath minus a kidney.

Do you really believe that if this had happened no media sources would have picked up the story by now?

People pass out flyers in the streets of Shanghai to bring awareness to this problem in China. If you're looking for truth I wouldn't depend on the media to get it.

People pass out flyers in the streets of Shanghai to bring awareness to this problem in China.
Thread title is "illegal organ harvesting in thailand".
If you're looking for truth I wouldn't depend on the media to get it.
Agreed. I'd much rather rely on my ex-wife's brother-in-law, who has a friend, who knows somebody, who heard about something.

Gotta hate those eye-stealing baddies.

They are also stealing brains. It seems that they steal brains also do I need to say more

Definitely...I know some victims.

The good thing about missing a brain is that you never know it is gonelaugh.png

La lala lala ... ohhh shiny w00t.gif

it is possible but just doesnt make sense.

thailand have a relatively huge eye bank, though with a pretty long waiting list. doesnt make both economic and medical sense for any buyers to go that route when you could bypass the waiting list

and for the latter story, it is just medically impossible given the time lapse, and a sum of money along the body? you kidding me?

you had probably paid for the sick buffalo before, had you?

Actually, it makes perfect sense and you pointed it out in your post without giving any weight to it, yet it is the most glaring reason.

Avoiding the waiting list.

Why do you think that Thailand is the number 1 country in the world for medical tourism? It's not only a lot cheaper than the west, but also there is almost no waiting list if you have the cash.

Like you pointed out, Thailand has a huge eye bank, but there is a lengthy waiting list. Some person who lost an eye in an accident, can't wait on a list. That sort of thing would need pretty much instant attention don't you think?

What about a replacement heart, kidney or liver? If yours was shot, would you be happy to wait 5 years in a queue or would you be tempted to go down the 'express service' route?

The thing is, It does go on, because where there is money to be made, there are humans ruthless enough to go to any length to be part of it. It sounds a lot more credible for someone to kill you for body parts, than (for example) kill you for your motorcycle, and yet my friend was attacked at night by a sword wielding maniac who tried to behead him with a samurai sword just for his motorcycle. He just managed to shift his head to the side enough to avoid the blade. He sped off unharmed and the police said that there were people using this method to steal bikes to sell.

All in all.... There are people here prepared to go to any length just for a small gain. People who have zero value for human life and totally confused by the belief that chances are their victim will be instantly reborn.

People scared of death will pay a lot of money to sustain their own life. So other people are going to be more than happy to take advantage.

Organ trafficking has become an international trade. It involves Indian, Thai, Philippine, Brazilian, Turkish and Israeli doctors who scour the Balkan and other destitute regions for tissues.

http://samvak.tripod.com/brief-organ01.html

These people would buy on a 'no questions asked' basis, I presume.

Before anyone attempts to attack me as an alarmist gullible and naive idiot. I go through life with my eyes wide open, and what I see in the world every day never fails to shock me in relation to what one human is capable of doing to another. The human species is more than capable of committing unspeakable evils than you would ever be able to comprehend.

It's up to the reader to make their mind up whether they believe it or not. But I don't think making fun of the OP is the way to go. Just because you try to protect your confidence in your own safety by adopting the attitude that these things are fables, that is up to yourself. But look around you.

Big Medical tourism destination + high poverty rate + money number 1 attitude = credibility. As a matter of fact, with that formula, you can pretty much bank on that it probably does exist rather than doesn't exist.

As far as the money left with the body comment. That is also very very much possible. Most Thais would not think twice that a murderer is capable of leaving money in an attempt to buy some merit back for their evil deed. My wife was not at all surprised by the inclusion of that detail. But I can see how a farang would think it absurd, it is because they still don't understand the Thai way.

Regarding the location (Surin) I can quite believe it, people go missing all the time there, especially children. It doesn't make news any more because it is strangely regarded as normal, and with no proof, and a policing system that is lethargic and won't follow up on any case if it is considered to hard for them to solve with no trace of evidence, then it is just filed away and forgotten.

How do you know people go missing in Surin all the time if its all hushed up???

I have seen a few 'Zombie looking' folk around those parts but I cannot believe you are being serious???

I know someone who sold one of their own kidneys. He's dead now, but not a kidney related death.

'Wonder how much he got for it. Are there many countries that both allow you to sell an organ and where facilities and expertise are such that the procedure can be performed with reasonable safety?

It's an interesting debate (about ways & means for addressing the need for organ donations), but OT I guess.

I dont understand these comments about this being a myth.

These things happen on a regular basis all over the world. It appears in the media as well over and over again. Bodies are found with missing organs. People get convicted and are in prison for being involved.

But despite all the evidence people still doubt the obvious. Funny stuff.

Sent from one of my devices using the internet

I dont understand these comments about this being a myth.

These things happen on a regular basis all over the world. It appears in the media as well over and over again. Bodies are found with missing organs. People get convicted and are in prison for being involved.

But despite all the evidence people still doubt the obvious. Funny stuff.

Sent from one of my devices using the internet

Do you have a link to a single instance of a conviction for organ theft from strangers in the mainstream media?

Convictions for robbing organs from dead people awaiting cremation, burial etc.

Robust allegations of organ theft from persecuted minorities, prisoners and other incarcerates.

But nothing on waking up finding oneself not all there after a bout of serious drinking.

While it's an entertaining bogeyman to frighten credulous small children and their mothers, there are far more serious risks to our safety - most of which arise within the family.

SC

• Like 1

For any farang heading up to the North East there is a gang of penis stealers......yep. It would seem the allure of the "giant" one eyed serpent (other words known as Nagang), it would seem that gangs of jealous Thais are knocking off the westerners to steal their.....you know....jangly bits.

There have been unconfirmed reports of 13 missing penis's (or is that peni?) in the last 6 months. All Farang. All very similar MO. Guy goes to a bar for a drink...meets a beautiful girl....she offers him something he can not refuse....gives him a ride to her place, but along the way they are accosted by a gang of midgets and the next thing the Farang knows he wakes up in Vientiane hooked up to an IV and his shlangle is missing.

So be careful out there. I have heard this from my wife's aunt's sister in law whose brother's mother mentioned it to our neighbor. So it has to be reliable as she is known to be very trustworthy!

For any farang heading up to the North East there is a gang of penis stealers......yep. It would seem the allure of the "giant" one eyed serpent (other words known as Nagang), it would seem that gangs of jealous Thais are knocking off the westerners to steal their.....you know....jangly bits.

There have been unconfirmed reports of 13 missing penis's (or is that peni?) in the last 6 months. All Farang. All very similar MO. Guy goes to a bar for a drink...meets a beautiful girl....she offers him something he can not refuse....gives him a ride to her place, but along the way they are accosted by a gang of midgets and the next thing the Farang knows he wakes up in Vientiane hooked up to an IV and his shlangle is missing.

So be careful out there. I have heard this from my wife's aunt's sister in law whose brother's mother mentioned it to our neighbor. So it has to be reliable as she is known to be very trustworthy!

thumbsup.gif

SIGH.

if you don't believe this can happen or are calling BS cause of tissue rejection go and google ciclosporin,

oh here,I'll do it for you

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ciclosporin

,basically yes you can transplant just about anything since they discovered this,

and in fact eyes(or should I say the different layers of cornea) are one of the easiest things to transplant.

Thailand,Hub of Organ Snatching.

Edited by QualityTouristNumberOne

SIGH.

if you don't believe this can happen or are calling BS cause of tissue rejection go and google ciclosporin,

oh here,I'll do it for you

http://en.wikipedia....iki/Ciclosporin

,basically yes you can transplant just about anything since they discovered this,

and in fact eyes(or should I say the different layers of cornea) are one of the easiest things to transplant.

Thailand,Hub of Organ Snatching.

If you believe everything you read on Wikipedia then I pity you.

But whatever gets you through the night...................................................