TAT Phuket office making tour counter licence extension more difficult

keestha

Posting this because I know there are people in here who have a tour counter as a secondary or maybe even primary business.

Going about the umptieth extension of the TAT licence for the tour counter which is attached to my business, I was dismayed to find out they need a lot more documents now than they used to require. Exception to the rule that generally extending a licence is easy in Thailand. There is also new stuff like the name of the tour counter has to be displayed in Thai script in letters at least as big as in the foreign script (English, they still call it smile.png ). On previous occasions, I just walked into their office and could talk to them straight away, but now their waiting room was full of Thai colleagues coping with the same problem, and I had to wait way over one hour.

smile.png The TAT is doing such a wonderful job supplying reliable tourism statistics, and coming up with predictions which are often surprisingly accurate. Also their highly successful campaigns to attract even more quality tourists deserve all possible praise. So it is disappointing they are putting up bureaucratic hurdles about as high as Mount Everest.

NKM when the real ones come around at least now you'll know how much to pay. smile.png

http://duensingkippen.com/download/Legal%20Signs%20Part%20II%20Is%20Thai%20Required.pdf

Under Section 7bis of the STA, the tax payable (subject to a minimum tax payable of Thai
baht two hundred) is calculated by the area of the sign multiplied by the applicable per area
rate. Pursuant to Ministerial Regulation 5 (1992) under the STA, the tax rate
per each five hundred square centimetres of sign used, is one of three following, currently reduced,
amounts:
1) Thai baht three;
2) Thai baht twenty; or
3) Thai baht forty;
And here is the key point for our purposes; the rates are applicable as follows:
(1) is applied, if the sign is in the Thai language only;
(2) is applied, if the sign is in the Thai language and any other non-Thai language and/or has any picture
and/or has anylogo is also in the sign;
(3) is applied, if any part or all of the Thai language in the sign is under/lower down the sign
than any non-Thai language in the sign

NKM when the real ones come around at least now you'll know how much to pay. smile.png

http://duensingkippen.com/download/Legal%20Signs%20Part%20II%20Is%20Thai%20Required.pdf

Under Section 7bis of the STA, the tax payable (subject to a minimum tax payable of Thai
baht two hundred) is calculated by the area of the sign multiplied by the applicable per area
per each five hundred square centimetres of sign used, is one of three following, currently reduced,
amounts:
1) Thai baht three;
2) Thai baht twenty; or
3) Thai baht forty;
And here is the key point for our purposes; the rates are applicable as follows:
(2) is applied, if the sign is in the Thai language and any other non-Thai language and/or has any picture
(3) is applied, if any part or all of the Thai language in the sign is under/lower down the sign

I do not have a business here, so, no bother to me, but thanks for the info.

These are the import laws that must be adhered to here, whilst all the scams, rip offs and extortions, that Thai's control, continue. :)

amounts:
1) Thai baht three;
2) Thai baht twenty; or
3) Thai baht forty;

These are the import laws that must be adhered to here, whilst all the scams, rip offs and extortions, that Thai's control, continue. smile.png

Since you don't own a business and you rent your apartment or Condo in the Hi So area of Patong, what are you complaining about? You get your mail delivery on time, as do I now that we have a new delivery guy, so what rip off or "extortions" are you subjecting yourself to? I can't think of one that I subject myself to....

amounts:
1) Thai baht three;
2) Thai baht twenty; or
3) Thai baht forty;

These are the import laws that must be adhered to here, whilst all the scams, rip offs and extortions, that Thai's control, continue. smile.png

Since you don't own a business and you rent your apartment or Condo in the Hi So area of Patong, what are you complaining about? You get your mail delivery on time, as do I now that we have a new delivery guy, so what rip off or "extortions" are you subjecting yourself to? I can't think of one that I subject myself to....

Unlike you, Jimi, it would appear I am a compassionate person. I feel for the tourists getting done over here.

Maybe Phuket will become so "hard core" in the future that only the expats can survive here. :)

Unlike you, Jimi, it would appear I am a compassionate person. I feel for the tourists getting done over here.

Maybe Phuket will become so "hard core" in the future that only the expats can survive here. smile.png

LOL! Mister Compassion! clap2.gifcheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gif More like Mister Whiner! Really? I wasn't an idiot the first time I came to Phuket. I rented a car from David car rental near the airport. That was 2005. I don't have a lot of compassion for clueless people!

Maybe Phuket will become so "hard core" in the future that only the expats can survive here. smile.png

LOL! Mister Compassion! clap2.gifcheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gif More like Mister Whiner! Really? I wasn't an idiot the first time I came to Phuket. I rented a car from David car rental near the airport. That was 2005. I don't have a lot of compassion for clueless people!

And, of course, everyone is clueless, but you, right???? :)

And, course, you have NEVER lost one single baht to any scam, rip off, extortion, overcharge etc on Phuket, have you?

Yeah, right Jimi. :)

And, of course, everyone is clueless, but you, right???? smile.png

And, course, you have NEVER lost one single baht to any scam, rip off, extortion, overcharge etc on Phuket, have you?

Yeah, right Jimi. smile.png

Honestly. I really can't think of one... Back to you

Honestly. I really can't think of one... Back to you

Nor me. If I've ever felt that the price for goods or services are excessive, I've simply declined. The only exception to this that I can think of was during the period of the major floods more than a year ago, and buying beer was almost impossible other than from a few outlets that loaded the prices to meet demand. That kind of supply and demand (sic profiteering) happens everywhere in the world.

What I really find unfathomable, is living in a sleazy and corrupt environment that epitomises the very worst of Thai society and culture, and that causes so much angst as Patong obviously does to NKM, but still profess to be happy there. He obviously has an addiction to the place of some kind, though whatever it is, it's almost akin to some form of self flagellation.

• Like 1

Reported Inflammatory posts removed

4) Not to flame fellow members.Flaming will not be tolerated. 'Flaming' is defined as posting or responding to a message in a way clearly intended to incite useless arguments, to launch personal attacks, to insult, or to be hateful towards other members. This includes useless criticism, name-calling, swearing and any other comments meant to incite anger.

8) Not to post extremely negative views of Thailand or derogatory comments directed towards all Thais.