Phuket Police close in on shooter of Russian tourist

webfact

Phuket Police close in on shooter of Russian tourist
Phuket Gazette

shoot.jpg
Narongsak Saelim, 21, is wanted for shooting Russian tourist Maksim Klocskov in a road rage incident in Rawai on August 17. Photo: Phuket Police

PHUKET: -- Phuket Provincial Court has issued an arrest warrant for the man believed to have shot Russian tourist Maksim Klocskov in Rawai on August 17.

“The suspect we are seeking is Narongsak Saelim, 21,” said Lt Col Jumroon Plaidoung of the Chalong Police.

Mr Klockskov was shot in the back when a bullet aimed at the car he was riding in pierced the trunk and struck him as he sat in the back seat (story here).

“According to witnesses, Mr Klocskov’s friend was driving the car, and cut in front of Mr Narongsak, who was on a motorcycle. Mr Narongsak got upset, followed the car and shot at it,” Col Jumroon told the Phuket Gazette.

Mr Narongsak had earlier been arrested by the police when he was picked up on August 27 for possession of unlicensed firearms and ammunition.

“He posted bailed. We didn’t realize he was the suspect we were looking for in this case,” Col Jumroon explained.

Source: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket_news/2013/Phuket-Police-close-in-on-shooter-of-Russian-tourist-22193.html

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2013-09-06

Every aspect of this story seems normal for Phuket.

The armed teen.

<snip>

Yes,

Eighteen, nineteen, twenty-teen, twenty-one-teen, ...

Sorry, having a bad day, p1ssing with rain, flooded garden, nothing to do, what a life...

Edited by JetsetBkk

The armed teen. The impulsive shooting of a foreigner over a minor perceived slight. The incompetence of the police. The providing of bail for a local over a very serious charge. The fact that it will all be forgotten within a few days.

It's been over 10 years for me since my last time in Phuket. Next time will be in the next incarnation.

"Normal for Phuket" now, not so much in the past.

I suppose Phuket has the police department it deserves, especially since you have to pay to be transferred here, and it's showing in a rising crime rate.

What is of concern is it's violent crime, not petty theft.

• Like 1

10000000 guns known in Thailand. How many not known,? Population 60000000. plus, and loss of face is everything to these people!

....well.......they have no brains..........no souls.......so yes, face is very important to them........

.....the recent incident with the so-called high fashion model says it all..........

.....superficiality.......

.....look at that fake smile of the so-called PM........scary......but this is Thai society........

• Like 1

It's been over 10 years for me since my last time in Phuket. Next time will be in the next incarnation.

It's been 10 years, and yet you talk about "normal". Does not make sense.

I've been living in Phuket for 6 years, and have never, ever experienced anything even remotely to the stories mentioned in the newspapers. But, where there's people and money there's trouble (unfortunately!) - just like in London or Los Angeles or Copenhagen.

• Like 2

10000000 guns known in Thailand. How many not known,? Population 60000000. plus, and loss of face is everything to these people!

....well.......they have no brains..........no souls.......so yes, face is very important to them........

.....the recent incident with the so-called high fashion model says it all..........

.....superficiality.......

.....look at that fake smile of the so-called PM........scary......but this is Thai society........

Your full stop key seems to be stuck. I recommend a replacement.

UPDATE:
Phuket Police arrest shooter of Russian tourist

Phuket Gazette

arrest.jpg
Police arrive at a house in Karon to place Narongsak Saelim (center) under arrest. Photo: Kritsada Muean

PHUKET: -- Police have arrested the man who injured a Russian tourist by opening fire on a car in a fit of road rage in Rawai last month.

Officers took Narongsak Saelim, 21, into custody yesterday, the same day Phuket Provincial Court issued a warrant for his arrest (story here).

He is charged with attempted murder and possession of an illegal firearm and ammunition in a public place, said Lt Col Jarun Bangprasert, who assisted in the investigation.

“We went to the house where we believed he was hiding, in Karon, found him there and arrested him,” said Col Jaran.

“Mr Narongsak denied the charge of attempted murder,” he said.

The shooting took place on August 17 when Maksim Klocskov, a Russian tourist, was shot when a bullet pierced the trunk of the car he was riding in (story here).

Mr Narongsak told police,“I was riding my motorcycle along the Rawai beachfront with a friend when a car came up behind us, flashing its lights and beeping its horn at us. I was so startled I almost crashed the bike.

“I tried to overtake the car to make him pull over. I was really angry, so I shot into the back of the car two times.

“I didn’t intend to harm anyone in the car. I just shot the car to scare the driver,” he said.

Mr Narongsak is being detained by Chalong Police.

Mr Klocskov has been discharged from hospital and has returned to Russia.

Source: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket_news/2013/Phuket-Police-arrest-shooter-of-Russian-tourist-22198.html

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2013-09-07

What are so many Thais doing with guns and carrying them around? This country needs to enforce it's laws on gun restrictions and needs to have honest police force who enact this. Absoltuely crazy.

• Like 1

“I tried to overtake the car to make him pull over. I was really angry, so I shot into the back of the car two times.

“I didn’t intend to harm anyone in the car. I just shot the car to scare the driver,” he said.

Is this an example of Thai logic? Maybe he didn't know anyone was inside the car? Hmm... that could be a defense: "Car going so wild down street I think no one was in it." What is this, Knightrider or something?

• Like 1

What kind of low functioning mentality shoots twice at a car. Russians driving around like boorish idiots, does not justify firing a gun.

"What kind of low functioning mentality shoots twice at a car." - the kind with a real hatred of farang, high on drugs, and the knowledge that police can be bought on Phuket.