Linking android phone to big screen? Possible

jonnyscot

Hi, just wondering whether there's any cables to be found out there that will make it possible to watch movies/TV series via the apps that i have on my imobile iqx android phone by linking the phone into my TV.

On my iPhone and the iPad I can do this by hooking the phone up to a digital av adapter that is then hooked into my hdmi cable from the tv,, is there a similar connector that will enable me to do this with the iqx? Or any other options?

Thanks

Sent from my i-mobile IQ XA using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Thanks para, no my tv's 5 or 6 years old so I think only option I have without upgrading the tv is via cable connection into my hdmi connector, so I just wondered whether there was anything similar to a digital av adaptor or anything similar to what I connect to tv with my iPhone/iPad

Cheers

Thanks Sumrit,, could be just what I'm looking for,, now the hunt is on to see where I can find the device

Cheers

You can also have a look here this site is in English too, they have HDMI Cables as well as HDMI dockings but probably not for iMobile -> http://www.promobilez.co.th

What you can also try is to connect to your TV via Wifi or called WiDi on mobiles. Not sure your model supports that though, with HTC and Samsung phones you can stream directly to your TV without cable. Also there is a new technology called Miracast that supports High Definition streaming directly to a TV.

Edited by schietkop

If your doing this to watch video that's not available on TV, you may find it works for YouTube etc, however when you want to watch "premium" content, the software will disable the devices HDMI output, so you can't.

Thanks for the advice guys, it's for watching movies and tv series via some apps that I've installed from the google pay store,, maybe as has been mentioned there will be limitations on what content i can view on my tv in this way, but currently I'm managing to watch discovery ch/fox crime and many other channels on the Iqx screen, just thought I could watch on the big screen and save some straining on the eyes, same as I sometimes do via the digital av adaptor with the iPhone/iPad devices,,,,

I wanted something to play with recently so found a Thai Website that sells Android TV Boxes.

Bought one and loaded GoogleTV versions of YouTube on it. While you can use a connected mouse or the supplied remote control to select apps and programing to play on the TV, you can also use a WiFi connected Android phone and select most any youtube content and have the Android TV box take over playing the content (similar to how GoogleTV and GoogleCast work). I'm also playing with CheapCast.

Some people install XBMC or some other media server software to view media they have stored on a thumb drive, external hard drive or connected storage. Not bad for a ฿3700 or under piece of electronics that lets you watch on something larger that a 4.3inch screen.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Samsung has a nice solution on some of it's mobiles. It is called allsharecast. It is a wireless link using a cheap HDMI dongle on the TV side. It works very well. Sometimes there are lags but maybe one short time in one movie duration.

Sent from my Find 5 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Yes Anthony, I use my iPhone and the iPad in this way, by connecting my devices to the hdmi via an adaptor, but was trying to find the adapters to allow me to do this with the android,, options have been mentioned, but as yet can't find a supplier here where I stay, but I'll have a check in MBK next time I'm down in bangkok

Thanks for the input,

[quote name=anthonyc12"

timestamp="1379656186]it is only possible with HDMI cable. your tv as well as your mobile must be HDMI enabled for this.

Cheers!