Wanted American child molestation suspect arrested in Udon Thani

webfact

The reports on here and on Coconuts.com are totally inaccurate !!

I used to work with Mathews as a colleague NOT a friend and I was the one he asked to go to the American Embassy in Vientiane to have additional pages put in his full passport.

Fact 1. I went to the American Embassy in Vientiane to request additional pages for his passport.

Fact 2. It had nothing to do with any type of visa.

Fact 3. This took place on April 30th 2013 NOT September 3rd as reported.

Fact 4. When the American Embassy told me there was a problem with Mathews I insisted they contact him and explain the situation. This they reluctantly did when I was there.

Fact 4. I told the American Embassy where Mathews was working and the city he lived in.

Americans Embassy officials told me Mathews had an arrest warrant against him but gave me no details.

Fact 5. The American Embassy confiscated his passport which then meant Mathews was in Thailand illegally without a visa and passport for over 4 months .

Even if the Thai Immigration service do not care about his alleged offences he was still breaking

Thai law by staying and working in Thailand

BUT the most disturbing thing is why did it take so long to do something when The American authorities knew where Mathews was and that he was still working at a University ( I told them the name of the University too )

It looks like gross incompetence from both the Americans and Thai police/ Immigration

They allowed a suspected child molester to continue working with students

The American authorities knew where he was on April 30th 2013... Why take so long to do something ?

And did you have any suspicions he was a Phedophile?

So an international fugitive from USA who was able to elude capture for 10+ years then decides to have his passport presented at a US Embassy to have extra pages added which leads to his capture? There are stories in USA of bank robbers who write their "This is a hold-up" note on the back of their utility bill as well.