Online stock trading for virgins

Thanks again people for taking the time to reply and offer sound advice. I am going to study on the useful links some people have posted and go down the demo route to start, at least it will keep me busy.

For anyone in Pattaya (traders) who are willing to spare their time and teach a newbie the basics, I am willing to pay if a flexible schedule could be set up around my own working time. Just a thought for any decent folk out there.....Im sure there are some wai2.gif

Make a spreadbetting account with www.igindex.com when you first start you can do 10 pence point, that is 10 pence stake for every 1 point (1 penny ) of movement. It is equivalent to buying 10 shares, after so many weeks of been a newbie the minimum stake moves up to 20p and eventually to £1 which is still only equivalent to buying 100 shares. Only do DFB bets as the these do not have an end day. They only end when you choose to end them (DFB daily funded bet). They charge you daily at a rate of 2.5% per annum. I.E a £1 per point stake on a 100 pence share would mean you have borrowed £100, interest would be £2.50 per year and charged daily at 0.68p ( 5 pence per week). The interest is calculated on the closing price of the share each night, so if the price goes down, so does your interest charge. My IG index account is in profit by £14976, 1st week in March it was £3995, so I have done quite well since then. Not took a bet off in a minus since October 2012 as there is no point at such a low interest rate. To get my profit up there I have had quite large stakes, £95 per penny movement on Vodafone. £18 on Rio Tinto etc. You need to fund your account with enough to cover 5% of the price of the shares you are borrowing, IE £10 per point on a £2 share, you would be borrowing 1000 shares (£10 = 1000p), so £2000, deposit = £100. You also need to make sure there is extra to cover any minuses or else bets will get cancelled automatically.

Edited by johnson36

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

The best, easiest (and most profitable historically) is too buy a lot cost ETF fund. Three of them. All us stock index. All bonds. All international stock indexes.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• 2 weeks later...

Starting trading is easy. I suggest Kim Eng if you wanna trade Thai stocks and E*TRADE if you wanna trade in the US

Making money out of it is not easy

Before starting anything you should learn how to trade/invest first, learn how to research good companies, when to enter a trade, when to exit a trade, risk management, fundamental approach and technical approach.

I suggest you learn about:

- the basics ("The Neatest Little Guide to Stock Market Investing" by Jason Kelly & "Stock Investing for Dummies")

- fundamental approach ("The Intelligent Investor" by Benjamin Graham, "Value Investing: From Graham to Buffett and Beyond")

- growth + fundamentals ("One Up on Wall Street" & "Beating the Street" by Peter Lynch)

- fundamental + technical ("How to Make Money in Stocks" by William O'Neill)

- technical analysis ("Trading For A Living" by Elder, "Technical Analysis Explained" by Pring, "Technical Analysis of the Financial Markets" by Murphy, "Japanese Candlesticks" by Nison)

- trading psychology ("Trading in the Zone" by Mark Douglas, "Trade Your Way to Financial Freedom" by Van K. Tharp and "Trading Beyond the Matrix: The Red Pill for Traders and Investors" by Van Tharp)

- the best of the best ("Reminiscences of a Stock operator" by Edwin Lefevre, "Insider Buys SuperStocks" by Jesse Stine, "How to trade like a stock market wizard" by Mark Minervini)

Sounds like a lot? Trading is a zero-sum game. For someone to win, someone else has to lose. So if you do not have an edge, you are bound to fail. You may be lucky once or twice, but odds are largely against you and you'll lose eventually.

And their are hundreds more interesting books but if you read those, you'll have an edge over 80% of investors/traders.

I've been trading for 6 years, losing most of my money and almost quitting several times until I started to really get into it, started doing my homework and finally reached consistent profits and became a full time trader.

What I learned is that NO ONE will help you becoming profitable, do NOT listen to friends/family, your broker, CNBC, financial articles...

Learn how to increase your probabilities with fundamentals, how to read price/volume with technicals and follow the markets. Mr. market is always right as it's him who sets the prices. Opinions on another hand are often wrong.

Cheers

Edited by Duff

Unfortunately I did not take the plunge, not confident enough yet and still need to do more homework on the subject. Good luck to anybody who has started and is making profits,

I decide to look into property at this moment in time.