We should meet up once a month to talk about topics face to face

jimbobs1

I don`t mind becoming a washed up alcoholic, if that`s what it takes to become attractive to 18 year old women.

I think many of you are in a dream and not living in the real world.

Although still a great place to live, providing you have money of course, Thailand has become much more commercialized and expensive since my early days here.

The only main difference I can see between Thailand and most Western countries is that anything can be archived here if you have the money, but each year and the older we get, the price increases. No money, down on luck, then your dead in the water here, and these are the facts, welcome to the real Thailand.

These days many of the farangs I encounter on my travels, do not seem to be friendly, are not hospitable and are as suspect as hell. Try asking them what they do? And most of the responses will be, a little bit of this and a little bit of that. I certainly would not go out of my way to meet Thai visa members face to face, if as I assume they are going to be no different to the pompous characters I have had the misfortune to encounter over the years. I wouldn`t even welcome one as a neighbor, would hate it in fact.

I prefer the anonymity of a forum like Thai visa, which is interaction, but at a safe distance and if some become irritating or rude, we have the mods that will delete them with a click of the mouse. Can`t get a better set up than that.

Oh the irony.

I don't think BJ will see it though.

• Like 1

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How irrelevant the initial post seems,I will have an avid intrest in the people who contributed to this post

Half of the fellas I recon are the failed school teachers,and the people who bought a cheap 18 year old dolly bird

I found a wife who was not the best looking girl in the bar and counts her blessings she met an idiot felang like me

But together we have built a good life,

And I am so insecure to say that we have a pot full money,,maybe that's why she loves me? Or it could be devilishly good looks ,and an insanely hypnotic personality

So as my credibility is near zero ,,,,you will be hearing a lot more of jimbobs1

Lot's of over generalizations there buddy. I guess it depends on who you hang with - but for sure there are plenty of people posting on TV that are most certainly not failed school teachers, shacked up with an 18 year old dolly bird.

Anyway, I digress - you seem to be happy in your life, and that's surely the most important thing?

As for having a whinge, not everything in the garden of Thailand is rosy,and I think for those that probably pay taxes etc, then we do have a bit of a right to have a moan about some of the BS.

I beleive you are right,,my post was a bit tongue and cheek,,it was never my intention to call out the sensible and pro active posters

It was a a come on to the idiot posters who hide behind their key boards and upset the genuine people who require assistance from tv good guys

How irrelevant the initial post seems,I will have an avid intrest in the people who contributed to this post

Half of the fellas I recon are the failed school teachers,and the people who bought a cheap 18 year old dolly bird

I found a wife who was not the best looking girl in the bar and counts her blessings she met an idiot felang like me

And I am so insecure to say that we have a pot full money,,maybe that's why she loves me? Or it could be devilishly good looks ,and an insanely hypnotic personality

So as my credibility is near zero ,,,,you will be hearing a lot more of jimbobs1

Where do you guys all find the 18 year old dolly birds. They don't give me a second glance anymore!!! That really pisses me off.....

Mind you at 52 I really cant expect that....

or maybe I am just too modest.. Anyway.... time for bed all of you... you have skool in the morning, or 18 year old dolly birds in the nest...

• Like 1

I would like to meet some of the posters on TV (and one of the mods, to see what makes him tick) but as far as some of the other posters go, I would prefer to think they don't really exist, that they are just trolls. whistling.gif

• Like 2

Where do you guys all find the 18 year old dolly birds. They don't give me a second glance anymore!!! That really pisses me off.....

or maybe I am just too modest.. Anyway.... time for bed all of you... you have skool in the morning, or 18 year old dolly birds in the nest...

I think you will find that they pay for them, in one way or another.

May I suggest that any age gap of more than about ten years, let alone 30+, is highly suspect. Honestly, what does an 18 yo, even an uneducated one, have in common with a 50+ foreigner (probably also uneducated) apart from $$?

May I suggest that any age gap of more than about ten years, let alone 30+, is highly suspect. Honestly, what does an 18 yo, even an uneducated one, have in common with a 50+ foreigner (probably also uneducated) apart from $$?

1. Her work. She was my partner in business and took care of the marketing and catering in addition to her operational responsibilities at work.

2. Her daughter. We both cared for the child and discussed her education and health and well being daily.

3. Her mother. I knew her mother quite well.

4. Her father and how to avoid him.

5. Her song and dance group that I wrote the dance numbers for and filmed them when they performed.

6. Our future and where we were going as a unit and as a business partnership.

She was 19 when she moved in with me (I was 50 +)and stayed till she was 24. She left me for a younger man. They lived together for 4 years and he killed her or she killed herself.

The week before her death her mother had called me and asked me not to see her as she thought she was going to call me. I had not seen her in a couple of years.

I'm sure you young guys would have known what to do. I would have too when I was younger. I had all the answers then. Now that I'm older I don't have all the answers anymore.

Edited by historyprof

How on earth are you going to meet up with other members.....

You live in Nakon Nowhere.

i live in Roiet we have a twice daily flight to the big smoke and I have 2 rather large motorbikes and a car or 2 ...or I can hire a buffalo to transport me from this back water ,,,I really don't want to sound sarcastic ,,but come on mate?

There are a lot of farangs in Roi Et although how many are on TV I have no idea. Most seem to be Brits and Americans with a good number of Germans, and Canadians, throw in some Italians, Irish, and Dutch for good measure, plus some others.

I would like to meet some of the posters on TV (and one of the mods, to see what makes him tick) but as far as some of the other posters go, I would prefer to think they don't really exist, that they are just trolls. whistling.gif

The posters, or a particulate mod?

• Like 1

How on earth are you going to meet up with other members.....

You live in Nakon Nowhere.

i live in Roiet we have a twice daily flight to the big smoke and I have 2 rather large motorbikes and a car or 2 ...or I can hire a buffalo to transport me from this back water ,,,I really don't want to sound sarcastic ,,but come on mate?

There are a lot of farangs in Roi Et although how many are on TV I have no idea. Most seem to be Brits and Americans with a good number of Germans, and Canadians, throw in some Italians, Irish, and Dutch for good measure, plus some others.
There's not a lot of FELANGS in Roi et,,I've been here a few years and There's only 2 western bars here there was 3 that closed because there's not enough foreigners here,,,

1. Her work. She was my partner in business and took care of the marketing and catering in addition to her operational responsibilities at work.

2. Her daughter. We both cared for the child and discussed her education and health and well being daily.

5. Her song and dance group that I wrote the dance numbers for and filmed them when they performed.

She was 19 when she moved in with me (I was 50 +)and stayed till she was 24. She left me for a younger man. They lived together for 4 years and he killed her or she killed herself.

The week before her death her mother had called me and asked me not to see her as she thought she was going to call me. I had not seen her in a couple of years.

I'm sure you young guys would have known what to do. I would have too when I was younger. I had all the answers then. Now that I'm older I don't have all the answers anymore.

Thanks for that,,,,how depressing ,,any more wonderful tales to tell us?

• Like 1

Pattaya ,1000b a day/night BARGAIN

Roi Et is a good town. My missus and I always call in there on our way from Surin to Udon to visit family. Last time we stayed over-night we stayed at a hotel overlooking the lake, I think it was called the 99 Hotel. There was a good bar practically next door with good food and booze.

You can take the man out of Pattaya, but you cannot take Pattaya out of the man. So you're a civil engineer. Met plenty of those in the bars over here. Also heaps of CIA agents and SAS commandos.

• Like 2

You can take the man out of Pattaya, but you cannot take Pattaya out of the man. So you're a civil engineer. Met plenty of those in the bars over here. Also heaps of CIA agents and SAS commandos.
Ha ha Ime glad your impressed by me being a civil engineer ,,,,it's a shit job ,,you must have a really awful job if your in awe of my profession,,,

This just gets more amusing ,,,CIA, SAS and civil engineers ,,you've made my day lad ha ha

me: "hey, nice to meet you."

TV member: (silence), then "hey. hot out. pollution is horrible. where you from? america? man, that place is a mess. bankrupt. where you live? CM? oh, bar girls there are lame. and the beer is bad. what did you do in America? oh, well my thai wife left me and took the house. i'm in court now, but she threatens to kill me and her son has my computer. i've been here 20 years but these thais are so dumb. i can't talk to them. oh, no, i don't speak thai. that language is dumb. so, what do you want to talk about?"

(door slams)

• Like 2

No Poanoi

I don't live by the sea, which in all honesty I miss,,,but I have have a couple of motorbikes that can get me to it

It's just stress free mate,, I get out of bed when I want,,there's no one knocking at my door at daft hours and the locals are really friendly ,,it's not the perfect life ,,I have to travel 30 miles to find a tesco,,but my wife and kids are happy

I also have to look for work outside Thailand to earn a shilling ,,which is a pain in the arse,,,ha ha yes there's a place next door it will only cost you 120,000 b. rai RESULT

By the reads of it your wife looks after the kids. What do you do ?

There are a lot of English schools in Thailand. Have you considered taking a course in one?

noooo Ime on Thaivisa why would I want to do that ? I have a degree in civil engineering I work in many places where my grammar is irrelevant ,,so what's your point ? Am I goin to worry about what marks out of 10 you give me ?
I never professed to be clever,,,,,Ime just chatting what I feel professor ,,,nob

It might make your posts, assuming you are a native English speaker, easier to read and understand.

I've lived in Jomtien for the last 8 years, the last 3 months with my girlfriend who's 8 years younger than I am. I'm happy here but would consider moving to live elsewhere at some point in the future.

Alan

We are already out of topic here, whether we shall response to meet each other to talk about topic?)

I saw some comments leaving Pattaya.

I saw a t-shirt printing before saying:

Good people go to heaven.

Bad people go to Pattaya

It would be boring. All of the positive posters live in Thailand and all the negative posters don't. So it would be a mutual admiration society.

I think most of the negative posts are driven by envy because great fish and chips alone is still alone and not all the tea in China is going to get that plate to say Sa Wat De Ca!smile.png

I think it might get a boring on the basis that most of the people dishing out strong prejudicial opinions of others they don't know might suddenly become quiet and well mannered when within swinging reach of those they normally abuse from behind a keyboard.

Are you and the whingers who agree with you saying that you would punch me at a personal meeting. I think you are. Aren't you the same guy who started posting on Thai Visa for advice how to kick poor people out of his rental property? Yes I think you are ages ago I remember reading it. I don't imagine you have many friends in Thailand yourself.

Then you'll have no problem finding the post you refer to will you?

OP, everyone will have a problem of some sort regardless of ''their'' Shangri La. I see many have given a like to your OP, not me, l tend to look at other folks lives and listen to their past lives and how they tried to deal with stuff. Have met a few guys with a ''problem'' but when l listen to stuff l try to understand.

• Like 1

Very intresting ,,,no I love my wife ,,she eats too much ,but apart from that she's the most honest and beautifull person I've ever met ,

I will not retract one statement because the astute guys on here have probably guessed Ime half pissed

But I digress ,it is not my intention yo alienate myself nor smash anyone's teeth in,,

I find Thaivisa to be very one sided ,,Ime not a clever man ,,I hope Ime not a fool ...but sometimes I get angry when genuine people ask for advice and divvies put negative posts on

So I will continue to be a poster and not care about my contrary and un substantial statements

God bless

Jimbob,

This has definitely been your best post on this thread - I found it amusing and endearing. Regardless of any opinion I may have on some earlier views of yours, you have one of the best attributes; you wear your heart on your sleeve and tell it as you see it.

And please do not put yourself down. Some of us think we're smart ar$es just because we (mostly) spell things correctly or use "proper" grammar but that is only a small aspect of "cleverness" - you are obviously not a fool and you're the one living the dream, so you must be clever and resourceful. :-)

Good luck.

Cheers,

Bwindi Boy

Thanks for that,,,,how depressing ,,any more wonderful tales to tell us?

And then you go and let yourself down again!!!!!!