Non-Immigrant O multiple

I have heard that the rules have changed, but don't have specifics. Is it still possible to get a Non-Immigrant O multiple entry visa? If yes, where and for what reason? Currently in Thailand in a 30-day stamp, planning on going back and forth to the US (once a month), not working in Thailand (income from US employer).

Thanks for your response!

Based on what would you qualify?

Marriage to a Thai or child with Thai national, visiting family in Thailand, being over 50?

Visas are not handed out without a reason. But if you come and go once a month, you do not need a visa. Every time you travel to Thailand by air you can stay for up to 30 days, provided you have a ticket out of Thailand within 30 days.

• Like 1

Believe he was thinking you were going to have to make exits every 30 days or less to stay - rather than you having plans to travel anyhow. Most people living here do not fly out every 30 days for the fun of it if they were interested in 90 day non immigrant visas..

I have heard that the rules have changed, but don't have specifics. Is it still possible to get a Non-Immigrant O multiple entry visa? If yes, where and for what reason? Currently in Thailand in a 30-day stamp, planning on going back and forth to the US (once a month), not working in Thailand (income from US employer). 

Thanks for your response!

I was not writing about cost of visa. I was referring to going back and forth to get a 30 day entry.

Hi does anyone know if I can renew my o visa early as I won't be in Thailand when it expires.I leave Thailand 5th Dec 2013 and the visa expires 1stJan 2014 cheers

You get new visas outside the country.

Or are you mistakenly calling an extension of stay a visa?

You can apply for an extension up to 30 days early. If for marriage you have to keep in mind the under consideration period.

You can renew up to 30 days early, so a few days before Dec. 5th should be possible.

Keep in mind that if the extension is based on marriage, you will need to be back in Thailand to recieve the final extension to stay.

. Thanks 30 days sounds good to me

What is your extension based upon? Retirement I think.

You can do it 30 days early. Some offices will let you do it earlier if you show them your flight tickets.

. Thanks heaps it is retirement .Would it be better for me to let it expire and reapply fot retirement visa when I come back in Feb

I think I would get the extension done before leaving rather than going through the entire process of getting a new non-o visa and then applying for an extension again.

thanks ubonjoe one more thing if you don't mind can I get an extension in my own country Australia

Hi does anyone know if I can renew my o visa early as I won't be in Thailand when it expires.I leave Thailand 5th Dec 2013 and the visa expires 1stJan 2014 cheers

Just don't make the mistake that I made a few years ago. I renewed early like you want to, but didn't get a re-entry permit during the process so when I came back and was about to go and get the final stamp 30 days later, I was told I'd voided my visa by leaving the country.

SO.. IF YOU DON'T HAVE RE-ENTRY VISA, get one before leaving. otherwise you'll have to start the whole Non-O process from scratch and that is a big big headache.

For some reason I thought I didn't need a re-entry visa during the process. DOH

Edited by spermwhale

What is your extension based upon? Retirement I think.

You can do it 30 days early. Some offices will let you do it earlier if you show them your flight tickets.

. Thanks heaps it is retirement .Would it be better for me to let it expire and reapply fot retirement visa when I come back in Feb

If you are living here on a non OA (retirement) visa, it is extendable for 1 year for 1900 b.

And again, and again.

For many a year.

But, before you leave (remember non OA is NOT multiple entry) you must get a re-entry visa.