Wife has UK ILR approved then vanishes and tells me not to look for her?

Sorry things turned out this way, reporting her to UKBA is really only being vindictive with nothing to gain.

Suggest you change the locks before she finds out the grass isn't greener on the other side, may not be legal, but as you can not contact her to advise that you need to as you "lost your key's" what else can you do, no doubt she has your phone number if she has any reason to get entry like collect belongings.

The Thai will not be able to claim anything from the state. Her ILR status should mean that for 5 years she must remain with her married partner, AT HIS ADDRESS AS PER APPLICATION (unless otherwise mutually changed) and she will have NO RECOURSE to state funds. She does sound 'dodgy' though, as if she has been told something by some back room Thai associate, who is 99.99% incorrect.

As another poster said, she appears to have put NOTHING financially into the relationship. It is all yours.

If you are SURE and I mean SURE it is all over, so as he says and anul if that is possible.

I'd certainly suggest changing the locks. She could return with a van and take 'her furniture'. The police would not want to know as it's a civil matter.

sorry op about what has happened to you,but these girls are so unpredictable and great liars it does take awhile to see through them.as jay says change the locks and if you have a shred of evidence of her behavior,maybe you have a mate who knows what she's like get your solicitor to take out a restraining order as you are afraid of what she is capeable of.one thing is your lucky in a way that you are in the uk and not thailand cause that would frighten me.and dont forget some of them are great actors so if she was to beg you to take her back BEWARE. good luck

Sorry to hear this has happened to you.

The truth is no one knows if they've got a good'un until they screw you over. It might be minutes or years.

Get the divorce sorted then report her for fraudulently applying for a visa under the pretense of marriage. Would you rather she's still in the UK able to come see you anytime, possibly mob handed to 'access funds' or back in Thailand dwelling on her bad character?

Sent from my i-mobile IQ 6A using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/partners-families/relationship-ends/

Thanks for the kind words of support people, I have had contact only from one of her friends who told me she was in Thailand and can I leave the rest of her possessions with that friend?

I told her it isn't that easy....she is missing and I want to sort this out and divorce!

I now know for a fact that she isn't in Thailand and it's all lies....

I am surprised that nobody mentioned the above link to UKBA and the stipulations they list in order to qualify for the ILR and the fact they can curtail it....

A letter has been sent explaining everything and it is in their hands.....

Cheers

Looks as if that only applies though before ILR is granted.

appreciate that and yes, like I say it is in their hands.....

my main concern and I told the UKBA is that if there are any issues with the law or as such then I want it known that we are separated and that I don't get the police or my name dragged into any mess....

I think she is either working cash in hand at a Thai restaurant or on the game....or with another sucker laugh.png

The Thai will not be able to claim anything from the state. Her ILR status should mean that for 5 years she must remain with her married partner, AT HIS ADDRESS AS PER APPLICATION (unless otherwise mutually changed) and she will have NO RECOURSE to state funds.

Sorry, but that's wrong.

Those conditions apply before ILR is issued (except it's 2 years for those who come under the rules in force prior to July 2012).

Once ILR has been issued, then these conditions no longer apply.

• Like 1

I had same thing happen to me 12 years ago. My ex-wife got ilr went to council, got housing benefit, social everything.

Surely not?

One resident expert here is always claiming that never happenscheesy.gif

I know one as well,brought his Phillipino wife with her 2 kids over to the UK,it didn't work out,he still sees the kids,and her,and he lives in his £200,000 + Flat,and she has her house,paid for by the state,through benefits,she can't work because of the children's needs. But of course the things you see with your very own eyes,don't count for some people,with blinkered vision!

• Like 1

@ 7by7 reply to your Post No 26.

If the marriage breaks down before the foreign spouse has ILR then the basis of their permission to remain in the UK is gone; so strictly speaking they should leave. They certainly would not get ILR.

7by7

I can most definately assure you, your statement above is incorrect,I know for a fact,where there are Children involved,regardless of the reasons for the marriage failing/breakdown,the children's well being is paramount. All assistance will be given to the Mother and Children. This includes accomodation, and financial support,they do not need to be on an ILR Visa, this was the case for someone, and children on a Settlement Visa,and later the Immigration Status for the wife and children was waved. I'm sure you will not expect me to name names,in this instance.

Fortunately we live in a Country which has a heart,and everything is not written in stone,and can be flexible when needs of others are taken into account!

Edited by MAJIC

As I said earlier, they have to prove it with evidence such as medical and police reports.

But don't let the facts interfere with your prejudices.

This topic has degenerated into another immigrant bashfest of no further use to anyone.

She doesn't have to have scars or Black eyes her word on the Police statement will be good enough to prefer charges!

• Like 1

Just some idle curiosity on my part:

1. Does the OP's wife, in the UK on ILR, have a legal obligation to notify the UKBA of her change of address?

2. The OP has already informed the local council that his wife abandoned him and no longer lives at his address. Would it serve any useful purpose if the OP informed also the UKBA of his wife's change to an unknown address?

3. The OP said he needs his wife's new address to serve divorce papers. Would it help him get this address if he reported his wife missing or filed a complaint with the police for abandonment?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

And not only sees friends at least once a week but also talks to her mother on a weekly, if not daily basis.

My wife has been spending an inordinate amount of time on the phone to her mum lately.

So disturbed was I that I confronted her and she admitted to an affair.

The police were called and she was quite rightly maced and deported.

Glad to see the back of her.

• Like 1

@ 7by7 reply to your Post No 26.

If the marriage breaks down before the foreign spouse has ILR then the basis of their permission to remain in the UK is gone; so strictly speaking they should leave. They certainly would not get ILR.

7by7

I can most definately assure you, your statement above is incorrect,I know for a fact,where there are Children involved,regardless of the reasons for the marriage failing/breakdown,the children's well being is paramount. All assistance will be given to the Mother and Children. This includes accomodation, and financial support,they do not need to be on an ILR Visa, this was the case for someone, and children on a Settlement Visa,and later the Immigration Status for the wife and children was waved. I'm sure you will not expect me to name names,in this instance.

Fortunately we live in a Country which has a heart,and everything is not written in stone,and can be flexible when needs of others are taken into account!

Whilst I agree with your last sentence; having children does not automatically mean that the mother will be able to stay in the UK.

I know this for a fact as a friend of ours is currently attempting to remain in the UK with her British child after her husband, the child's father, abandoned them both.

She has already had a Zambrano application refused.

I cannot, of course, comment on any case where I do not know the full details, and do not expect you to post them here, but I will say that not all cases are the same.

certainly, if there are no children involved or the children are not British citizens then, unless the foreign spouse qualifies under the domestic violence or bereavement rules, they are not going to get ILR.

As for her word being good enough to prefer domestic violence charges; no. Good enough to investigate, but more evidence than her word would be required for charges to be brought.

Whilst I agree with your last sentence; having children does not automatically mean that the mother will be able to stay in the UK.

I know this for a fact as a friend of ours is currently attempting to remain in the UK with her British child after her husband, the child's father, abandoned them both.

She has already had a Zambrano application refused.

You have not explained what a Zambrano application is or what the tenuous judgment permits or allows if anything.