Wife has UK ILR approved then vanishes and tells me not to look for her?

Dear all,

Not sure if this is the correct place to be asking but.....

my wife has just been granted her ILR visa and within 1 month has left the marital house hold and the only messages she has sent me is 'do not look for her' and sent me an email accusing me of being nasty to her and to not waste my time trying to cancel her visa as she has been to citizens advice and they tell her I cannot?

Now for the record as much as it has been a little volatile in our relationship and we both have our faults I can say I never threatened her with revoking her ILR visa or anything like that(so I sense somebody else is involved and telling her what to say), I have an Iphone and due to my laziness I am fortunate I have a log of all our sms contact for quite some time which shows nothing of the sort.

So my question to the experienced on here is....

Do I have to report her leaving to the Home Office/UKBA?

If anyone has had experience in this then please can they let me know my options etc.

I feel I have been made and used as a fool but can get over that, I just want to protect myself, my assets and my sanity.

We have no children and she has never contributed to the house by way of paying towards the mortgage or any bills even though she has been in full time employment.

Your input is appreciated

No point thinking u can have her deported, u cant.U have been in uk for 2 years????/

If u are married in the uk she can claim half of everything,but she says dont try to cxontact her, she has a new guy or woman even,cant believe she is doing this on her own.

unlicky man,u picked the wrong un or u have been horrible to her and she cant stand it anymore,whats the age difference as u say you are lazy

Edited by metisdead

age difference is 10 years.

I never said I want her deported.

My laziness is only on my iphone, I work hard and she got what she wanted out of me, never went without....although some of her wants were not possible so I gave what I could.

Yes I also do not believe she is doing this on her own... thanks

If she has ILR, then that's it; she can remain in the UK even though your marriage has now broken down. Unless you can prove that she obtained her ILR by deception, i.e. used your marriage as a means of obtaining her ILR and had no intention of remaining with you once she had achieved this. Difficult to prove.

If u are married in the uk she can claim half of everything

She can claim, but maintenance and division of assets following divorce in the UK is determined by the court.

See Money and property when a relationship ends

You have no children and she is working, so unlikely that she will get any maintenance. If she has never contributed to the marital home she's also unlikely to be given any of your assets. But you should speak to a solicitor about that.

Good idea about the advise to get a solicitor.Does sound like a scam,which can happen to any of us,with any nationality to be honest.

good luck LORMAKMAK

BTW

Where do u live if not too personal

If she has ILR, then that's it; she can remain in the UK even though your marriage has now broken down. Unless you can prove that she obtained her ILR by deception, i.e. used your marriage as a means of obtaining her ILR and had no intention of remaining with you once she had achieved this. Difficult to prove.

She can claim, but maintenance and division of assets following divorce in the UK is determined by the court.

You have no children and she is working, so unlikely that she will get any maintenance. If she has never contributed to the marital home she's also unlikely to be given any of your assets. But you should speak to a solicitor about that.

Good idea about the advise to get a solicitor.Does sound like a scam,which can happen to any of us,with any nationality to be honest.

good luck LORMAKMAK

BTW

The Midlands....why????

good luck LORMAKMAK

BTW

The Midlands....why????

No other reason than i have some mates who have thai ladies in Stoke,and i used to live in Tamworth before living in Pattaya for 10 years

Now she has the vital bits of paper she knows the treasure trove is open.

She'll be able to claim for free housing, community charge plus other benefits including tax credits etc and no doubt say she left an abusive husband.

I'm afraid your are not the first and certainly won't be the last.

If the government prevented the ease with which migrants access the honeypot we'd have less of this.

I'm sorry about your misfortune but she qualify for much from you in the divorce.

She'll be able to claim for free housing, community charge plus other benefits including tax credits etc and no doubt say she left an abusive husband.

If the government prevented the ease with which migrants access the honeypot we'd have less of this.

I'm sorry about your misfortune but she qualify for much from you in the divorce.

In what way do you mean Jay?

From me or the state?

From me or the state?

tAKE AS MUCH advise as possible mate,then u need a solicitor if she starts to try and get half the house etc etc

OP, go for it, immigration, explain stuff. My chum did it.

• Like 1

From me or the state?

Ignore Jay Sata; he is notorious in this part of the forum for posting rubbish.

• Like 1

OP, go for it, immigration, explain stuff. My chum did it.

I hear what you are saying, your chum was successful in getting it revoked?

I just wanted to know if I was meant to report it to the UKBA seeing as she has a visa based on my income/savings, at my home address and whatever else?

I assume that you have only been married for 2 years then in which case she wont get half of everything. For a short marriage you take out what you put in.

You need to hit her with a divorce now. The longer you leave it then the more time she has to qualify for some of your assets. Start sequestering away your assets now. Don't leave a paper trail. Make your mortgage interest only. Better still remortage as much as you can befeore you start the divorce, say that you gave the cash to her.

• Like 2

I assume that you have only been married for 2 years then in which case she wont get half of everything. For a short marriage you take out what you put in.

You need to hit her with a divorce now. The longer you leave it then the more time she has to qualify for some of your assets. Start sequestering away your assets now. Don't leave a paper trail. Make your mortgage interest only. Better still remortage as much as you can befeore you start the divorce, say that you gave the cash to her.

Thanks Kevin....if she takes out what she put in then it's a big fat zero and can be proved!

Thanks Kevin....if she takes out what she put in then it's a big fat zero and can be proved!

Talk to immigration.

Contacting immigration may lead to her ILR being revoked and her being removed; if it can be proved she obtained ILR by deception.

Transam, can you provide more details of how your friend achieved it?

Lormakmak, if you read the YouGov link provided earlier you will see that as she has contributed zero financially to the marriage or marital home and as you have no children, then she will almost certainly get zero.

But speak to a solicitor.

Contacting immigration may lead to her ILR being revoked and her being removed; if it can be proved she obtained ILR by deception.

Lormakmak, if you read the YouGov link provided earlier you will see that as she has contributed zero financially to the marriage or marital home and as you have no children, then she will almost certainly get zero.

He came clean, told of his lost cash that went East. Turned out she had another ''rich'' guy lined up and she was refused entry back into UK. thumbsup.gif

OP, go for it, immigration, explain stuff. My chum did I\

Like thousands of chancers, Filipina, Thai, Chinese, Vietnamese, she will have dropped off the Radar. just watch UK Border agency on YouTube. Its a joke. Of course she is being assisted and you are likely a dead man walking unless you front up and fight back

He came clean, told of his lost cash that went East. Turned out she had another ''rich'' guy lined up and she was refused entry back into UK. thumbsup.gif

Thanks for that; so she was out of the UK at the time?

Did she have ILR?

Thanks for that; so she was out of the UK at the time?

Did she have ILR?

No idea about the paperwork, not my business, but she is now stuffed back in LOS. thumbsup.gif

From me or the state?

Ignore Jay Sata; he is notorious in this part of the forum for posting rubbish.

I doubt she'll get anything from you in a divorce if you have a decent lawyer.

However she is entitled to freeload off the state.

7by7 can you please explain what is incorrect about this?

He was lucky, I found UKBA, or whatever they're calling themselves this week, to be lazy and useless, How Ms May is still in a job beggars belief.

Short version.....Married in BKK December 2005, came to UK May 2006. Got a text from her middle of 2010 that she was leaving me, no reason given, got home and she was gone, flatly refused to tell me anything except that she wasn't happy. Met up with her in BKK 2011 to get divorced. A few weeks later I got a letter from the guy she left me for, seems she told him she had to go visit her sick Dad ( he was quite healthy a few weeks previously) and didn't know when she would be back, the reality was she went to Switzerland to marry a rich German. The English guy said that she told him she only stayed with me until she got the passport, 2 weeks later she went. I contacted UKBA 3 times and never got an answer, did it all through my MP. Dates, times, English guys statement, etc etc and only ever got excuses from UKBA, I was only asking them to actually do their job, just not interested.

Good luck with your case mate.

7by7 can you please explain what is incorrect about this?

If you read the OP you will see that she is working and does not have any children. Therefore she will not be entitled to any of these benefits.

Any claim she left due to domestic abuse or violence, as I say above, would need to be backed up by evidence such as medical and police reports.

I see you have now backed down from your original statement

and are now saying

I doubt she'll get anything from you in a divorce if you have a decent lawyer.

which is closer to the reality than your original remark.

Anyone with ILR can claim benefits.

Unlike people with Limited Leave to Remain (LTR) in the UK, ILR holders do have access to public funds. The wording "No recourse to public funds" is not written in ILR holders' visas. As a result, they are able to claim job seekers allowances and other benefits which are usually only available to British, EU, EEA and Swiss citizens.

source http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indefinite_leave_to_remain

She may be working but in many cases that is just to qualify for benefits such as working tax credits. Indeed a large proportion of Big Issue vendors in the UK are from the former Eastern Bloc and use their self employed status to claim all the peripherals.

Unless she is earning over £18k she will qualify for the benefits I mentioned earlier.

I suspect she has been planning this for some time.

Edited by Jay Sata

He was lucky, I found UKBA, or whatever they're calling themselves this week, to be lazy and useless, How Ms May is still in a job beggars belief.

Short version.....Married in BKK December 2005, came to UK May 2006. Got a text from her middle of 2010 that she was leaving me, no reason given, got home and she was gone, flatly refused to tell me anything except that she wasn't happy. Met up with her in BKK 2011 to get divorced. A few weeks later I got a letter from the guy she left me for, seems she told him she had to go visit her sick Dad ( he was quite healthy a few weeks previously) and didn't know when she would be back, the reality was she went to Switzerland to marry a rich German. The English guy said that she told him she only stayed with me until she got the passport, 2 weeks later she went. I contacted UKBA 3 times and never got an answer, did it all through my MP. Dates, times, English guys statement, etc etc and only ever got excuses from UKBA, I was only asking them to actually do their job, just not interested.

Good luck with your case mate.

Thanks for the wishes....it seems your situation was and is slightly different to mine where by you were married for 5 years and she had got her UK passport(in order to travel to Switzerland?), she hasn't got a passport yet as not been in UK for 3 years, that was the next step by the way...like a tosser I had even started the paperwork for her, thanks for taking the time to post thumbsup.gif