Ants that "like photocopier paper"

osmar

I've had ants invade my external hard drives, printer, blender, microwave and other appliances. I have been using a white stick chalk that comes in a small orange/red and white box, with ants depicted in red. The writing is in Thai and Chinese. I buy it at Prompan. It seems to work better than most things I've tried.

I've had ants invade my external hard drives, printer, blender, microwave and other appliances. I have been using a white stick chalk that comes in a small orange/red and white box, with ants depicted in red. The writing is in Thai and Chinese. I buy it at Prompan. It seems to work better than most things I've tried.

It's very effective but very toxic too. Be careful handling it.

mate, I have the same problem here, bloody ants starting to nest inbetween the shhets of paper and getting into the printer. just cleaned the area and sprayed it with insect spray and they havent been back since but I keep a constant check on them. Found them nesting in my software cd cases last time, have to check everything constantly.

Crack and crevice is the one we use, it has a long nozzle on it that directs the spray directly into the ant nest

Available in most larger supermarkets also some smaller ones and hardware stores

That stuff is okay for outside, but I wouldn't want to breath it in my house! There are a few sprays that have "no scent". That cost a bit more, but they don't smell as bad. Just look for a picture of an ant on the can and in English no scent. There are a few brands. Tesco usually has it. Still the ant chalk inside is the house is way to go. Just draw lines in the tile grout under your computer desk. You can also draw a line around cables to keep the little buggers from crawling up them into your gear as well. If the OP needs I can take a photo of the box and post it.

Edit: Add photo.

post-44146-0-85504700-1379067110_thumb.j

Edited by Jimi007

A couple years ago in Pattaya I found an ant colony in my laptop monitor.

(I don't use it much)

I booted the laptop for a quick check and it was working !! Apparently no damage done.

It was really strange to see those little things moving busy behind the monitor's clear plate.

Cost me 1000b at ITCity Tukcom to have it cleaned.

And a few mornings ago at booting my desk PC I watched bemused as an ant colony had started moving overnight into the keyboard.

A quick insect killer spray and the migration was good terminated.

You guys don't have a problem. I sat on the back step one day for a leisurely beer and a chat with a visiting friend. Several million ants found their way down my builders crack before I realised what was happening. They weren't the big biters, just the little beasties - but the old saying of "ants in your pants" suddenly took on great meaning.

Solution was to rip everything off in a mad panic and leap into the pool. Mate was very understanding....after he stopped laughing his tits off for what seemed like 20 minutes.

On a serious note, my missus is now fastidious about ants and if she's sees one she'll do a track and trace job to see where they come from and eradicate them. Consequently we rarely have ants inside the house or in the immediate vicinity outside.

Edited by Gsxrnz