Blues music in Pattaya

buddyguy

There is a club/bar on Pratumnak near soi 4 about 50 meters towards town called the Lounge, in the same area as the Hot Rod motorcycle place. They have the Snowman who was at the Blues Factory, Oy the drummer from the band and Tony Stevens from Savoy Brown and Foghat. They play there every Monday and Wednesday. Great stuff, I'm a big blues fan and these guys are very good and the drinks etc are not to pricey. Give it a go if you are into the blues.

My 3 baht worth: To be honest, I used to love the Blues until I moved to Thailand but then visiting Blues clubs here or in the big city I was turned off listening to the same songs over and over week after week, year after year. If I hear "Mustang Sally" one more time I think I'm gonna rip my ears off.

I used to also love "Hotel California" before moving to Thailand.

Ditto Riving on a Player

My 3 baht worth: To be honest, I used to love the Blues until I moved to Thailand but then visiting Blues clubs here or in the big city I was turned off listening to the same songs over and over week after week, year after year. If I hear "Mustang Sally" one more time I think I'm gonna rip my ears off.

Agreed but it surprising to see how many people a night request those songs. :)

Agreed but it surprising to see how many people a night request those songs. :)

they should be banned from the premises and handed over to the taste police

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Agreed but it surprising to see how many people a night request those songs. smile.png

I've never heard anyone request those songs. Maybe if they are from Transelvania or Tuktoyuktuk Canada but like Raro said: That should be reason enough to be either banned from an establishment or at minimal CUT OFF !!!!

Agreed but it surprising to see how many people a night request those songs. smile.png.pagespeed.ce.CwSpBGGvqN.png

I've never heard anyone request those songs. Maybe if they are from Transelvania or Tuktoyuktuk Canada but like Raro said: That should be reason enough to be either banned from an establishment or at minimal CUT OFF !!!!

Almost every night without fail. I can't stand those songs also but if the customer is drinking and paying then play it. Bands in the past have refused and it has on occasion caused people to pay up and leave.

Ironically in Blues Factory the music not requested all the time is blues. of course there are some who do.

You can thank the Lam Morrison fan club for that, maybe in a different location the blues would work better especially for expats.

Edited by davethailand

When I was still living in Ban Chang me and some friends were doing the Sunday night shows in the Blue Cave. Widely unrehearsed whatever songs and a lot of fun.

One night we put on the door a poster saying

tonight the band

that still cannot play

Hotel California

although they're trying hard

along with little papers on the tables to tick:

• Hotel California
  • Wonderful Tonight
  • Something by the Eagles
  • you know any nice songs?
  • That song that start with doom-tat-da-ta

and so on

Guess what they asked for...

• 1 year later...

The announcement below was posted today on Facebook.

"Following extensive renovation, we are pleased to announce the return of the 'Blues Factory' Featuring some 'old faces' and many new ones. Our opening date will be announced in the next few days. Prepare to be ROCKED ! !"

post-53404-0-69052500-1413819335_thumb.j