Do's and Dont's when meeting a thai girls family for the first time?

ryro88

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There's no plans to marry lol it's more or less just a trip to ubon to take a look around and a stop over in her house for a night or two on the way back to Bangkok. I just don't want to insult the family and not knowing I'm doing it that's why any tips would be great. Like the poster above posted about the feet thing I wouldn't have known to do that.

Look at this from their side...

When everybody in the village sees you, they all know what your GF has been doing in the city. Mom and Dad are exposed as the pimps they are - and your GF as a prostitute (which she most likely was).

There is much more at stake than you think, for both the family and your GF. If you think the visit is just "a simple visit", then you are wrong.

And you should actually be worried about the parents and not your GF. Because the parents have full control over the woman you love and they can have her do anything to satisfy their needs.

Your GF, no matter how much she loves you, will always do what her mom and dad tells her to do. Do not take the visit lightly. Analyze her parents and stay there for more than just a couple of days if possible. Try to get to know them and see if they are mainly interested in your money or their daughters happiness. Because the parents will in the end be the ones, who decide if you get scammed or it ends as a happy relationship/marriage.

And how did it go when you introduced your girlfriend to your family ? did they know as well or it was obvious ?

My family actually loves and respects my girlfriend - and none of them expects her to give them blow-jobs, because she is Thai and living with me.

• Like 1

I am suprised nobody has mentioned to watch out for the brother yet. There is always someone who does.

She only sleeps in the same bed as her brother because it is a small house yadda yadda yadda.

Tut tut, we only mention that after sin sod was brought up at ma & pa's. whistling.gif ..................biggrin.png

I am suprised nobody has mentioned to watch out for the brother yet. There is always someone who does.

She only sleeps in the same bed as her brother because it is a small house yadda yadda yadda.

Don't forget all the kids running around - looking exactly like her and her brother...

• Like 2

Dear OP,

As you can read there are a few "burned" "been there, done that" people on this forum.....

As none of us know your girlfriends (perhaps) background it is important. Her background will determine, in many cases, what this meeting is all about. If you are the "only" western person she has known and is not involved in the bar business then this meeting has more importance for her and the family. Ie marriage

If you are not the only western person she has dated or brought home then this meeting has a different meaning.

If you are not the only western person she has dated AND works in the entertainment business (hotel reception, bar, karaoke) then it is strictly about money.

The best piece of advice so far is do not wear socks.......they will get soggy. Not sure if the family speaks Isaan but would be good to familiarize yourself with some basic words. As well you may hear the word "falang', "buk seedhai" or "seedha" often. Used to drive me nuts but then realized they were not talking about me.

Oh and remember as soon as the bedroom door closes there will be 100 set of ears pressed up against the walls and doors listening so ...........

Always remember the father is the "king" family comes first , then cousins , grandparents, maids, dogs , cats and then you .. take the family out for dinner but do not go to the home .

You forgot that the fleas that sit on the dog, come before the farang.

• Like 1

I done the bar scene loads and I plan to keep doing it lol. I just thought a few days away to a see a different part of the country would be fun.

If so, then go and just enjoy it. As long as she has not moved in with you and its not too serious, then you should be okay.

Just remember to change bars when you return and of course also apartment, if she knows where you live.

Give them all a nice clap on their heads from me ;-)

The idea of visiting her parents house while in ubon was just a suggestion from her that because we will be so close to where they live why not pop in and say hello. She has not been asking constantly to go and visit her parents and the ubon trip was a spare of the moment decision.

OP, you will have to play it by ear. Been to poor folks houses and been ignored because l am an alien but been to others where l was a ''film star'', just depends. Many poor folk fear the farang cos he is deemed a millionaire, we all are, by the way whistling.gif.pagespeed.ce.FVjgnKnWS1.pn alt=whistling.gif width=19 height=18> .

They will probably be looking at you as their daughter and their ''future'' rolleyes.gif.pagespeed.ce.hZ59UWKk-s.gif alt=rolleyes.gif width=20 height=20> , hence the visit. DO NOT show money, or go laden with stuff as this will send a message you don't want to send. Bottle of whiskey is all that's needed. Remember to wai mum and dad, they like that.

My wife's mum still ignores me, don't know why, just one of those things. After many years here I let stuff go over my head regarding stuff we ''should'' do, my mrs taught me that because we are different xsmile.png.pagespeed.ic.CwSpBGGvqN.png . But, I am respectful.

PS. Don't wear socks, they will get all soggy in the loo. biggrin.png.pagespeed.ce.XhpYJIv77v.png alt=biggrin.png width=20 height=20>

my wife's family is that bad the dog doesn't even look at me when I go there.

I have the best Thai in-law parents that anyone could ask for.... They both departed this world some years ago

• Like 2

There's no plans to marry lol it's more or less just a trip to ubon to take a look around and a stop over in her house for a night or two on the way back to Bangkok. I just don't want to insult the family and not knowing I'm doing it that's why any tips would be great. Like the poster above posted about the feet thing I wouldn't have known to do that.

Look at this from their side...

When everybody in the village sees you, they all know what your GF has been doing in the city. Mom and Dad are exposed as the pimps they are - and your GF as a prostitute (which she most likely was).

There is much more at stake than you think, for both the family and your GF. If you think the visit is just "a simple visit", then you are wrong.

And you should actually be worried about the parents and not your GF. Because the parents have full control over the woman you love and they can have her do anything to satisfy their needs.

Your GF, no matter how much she loves you, will always do what her mom and dad tells her to do. Do not take the visit lightly. Analyze her parents and stay there for more than just a couple of days if possible. Try to get to know them and see if they are mainly interested in your money or their daughters happiness. Because the parents will in the end be the ones, who decide if you get scammed or it ends as a happy relationship/marriage.

Wow. The guy asks about visiting the parents and you come to the conclusion her parents are pimps and she is a prostitute?

Sad stuff.

Well, as a father myself I can assure you, that I would rather eat dirt than accept my daughter selling her body. If the girl is in the entertainment business (which is very likely), then I am sure the parents know how she is making money and they are also accepting money from her. That in my eyes, makes them pimps and not responsible parents.

The girl is just raised to take care of her parents and send as much money as possible to them - no matter what she needs to do to fulfill that. They do not care about the sacrifices she must do - they only care about the money. To me that is the really sad part. So yes, I see most parents of bargirls, as common pimps and nothing else and the girls as victims of fxxxxx up parents.

I have no idea if the girl is a prostitute or not - maybe they met in 7-eleven or outside the university, which seems to be the places, where most Farangs met their girlfriend/wife from the countryside.

• Like 2

OP, you will have to play it by ear. Been to poor folks houses and been ignored because l am an alien but been to others where l was a ''film star'', just depends. Many poor folk fear the farang cos he is deemed a millionaire, we all are, by the way whistling.gif.pagespeed.ce.FVjgnKnWS1.pn alt=whistling.gif width=19 height=18> .

They will probably be looking at you as their daughter and their ''future'' rolleyes.gif.pagespeed.ce.hZ59UWKk-s.gif alt=rolleyes.gif width=20 height=20> , hence the visit. DO NOT show money, or go laden with stuff as this will send a message you don't want to send. Bottle of whiskey is all that's needed. Remember to wai mum and dad, they like that.

My wife's mum still ignores me, don't know why, just one of those things. After many years here I let stuff go over my head regarding stuff we ''should'' do, my mrs taught me that because we are different xsmile.png.pagespeed.ic.CwSpBGGvqN.png . But, I am respectful.

PS. Don't wear socks, they will get all soggy in the loo. biggrin.png.pagespeed.ce.XhpYJIv77v.png alt=biggrin.png width=20 height=20>

my wife's family is that bad the dog doesn't even look at me when I go there.

I have the best Thai in-law parents that anyone could ask for.... They both departed this world some years ago

Sounds like we have the same wife... Better spend some more time checking up on her. :-)

• Like 2

The idea of visiting her parents house while in ubon was just a suggestion from her that because we will be so close to where they live why not pop in and say hello. She has not been asking constantly to go and visit her parents and the ubon trip was a spare of the moment decision.

I say GO! Its a great idea!

Just make sure, you do the following when returning:

1. Get a new SIM-card.

2. Move to a new area of Bangkok.

3. Stay away from previous bars.

4. Change you job, if she knows where you work.

5. Wear a bag over your head for the first month, when going out.

That is if you plan to still enjoy bar-life, which I can understand that you do...

;-)

Edited by khunpa

[...]

Wow. The guy asks about visiting the parents and you come to the conclusion her parents are pimps and she is a prostitute?

Sad stuff.

Sounds more like an infantile fantasy than a mature conclusion that KhunPa tries to project. facepalm.gif

Edited by Morakot

I say GO! Its a great idea!

Just make sure, you do the following when returning:

1. Get a new SIM-card.

2. Move to a new area of Bangkok.

3. Stay away from previous bars.

4. Change you job, if she knows where you work.

5. Wear a bag over your head for the first month, when going out.

That is if you plan to still enjoy bar-life, which I can understand that you do...

;-)

So much knowledge from a poster, who only joined yesterday!!thumbsup.gif

Same poster, who is proud of his family not asking for blowjobs from his wife, just because she is Thai!

Poor girl, from the gutter to the trailerpark!sad.png

LOL! The typical "getting personal" comments...thumbsup.gifclap2.gif

Look up the words "humor" and "irony" on Google... And sorry because some of my posts offended you. In respect of you and your long time membership here, I will try only to write good things about Thai-people from now on. I am deeply sorry!

And sorry, I called your in-laws pimps!

Edited by khunpa