Re-entry permit question

I currently stay in Thailand on an extension of stay based on retirement. Renewed in June, I have a multiple re-entry permit.

I am going to change to a non-immigrant B visa as I am about to apply for a work permit.

I need to leave Thailand at least once, maybe twice, during the three month term of the new visa.

My question is, do I need to obtain new re-entry permits at 1000 baht a time, or will the existing multi-entry be valid with the new non-immigrant B visa?

Sorry to bother you with this but I'm confused (but that's not really exceptional).

I wasn't aware you can have re-entry permits on a non-B (or O) visa.

Re-entry permits are for extensions of stay, aren't they?

I thought when on a single (3 months) non-B visa, once you enter the country, the visa expires

and you need another non-B visa before entering again otherwise you can't get the wp.

What am I missing? :-)

Re-entry permit can be issued for any entry to keep it alive. It does not have to be an extensions of stay. If you have a 60 day tourist visa and plan travel week two you might even obtain to be able to return for the remainder of your original permitted 60 day stay and be able to extend for another 30 days.

• Like 2

Just to clarify something that just popped up: Someone just contacted me that they "converted" their 30-day visa-exempt entry stamp to the special 90-day Non-Immigrant O visa issued within Thailand for the purpose of later extending for retirement. He was told not to leave Thailand until he finishes the process, i.e. gets his one-year retirement extension. Could he, if needed, get a re-entry permit for that Non-Immigrant O visa in Thailand?

• 2 weeks later...

I have 60 days 1 entry tourist visa. If i apply for another entry and make a trip how long will I be allowed to stay in thailand when im back? 60 days more?

You need to apply for a new VISA not another entry. For this you will need to go to a consulate/embassy in a nearby country.

Tourist visas provide for a 60 day stay which is extendable at an immigration office for a futher 30 days at a cost of 1900Bht

Edited by Sceptict11

If you have a visa entry suspect Nong Khai immigration will issue (believe separate office from crossing). If you have an extension of stay you should obtain from office you obtained extension.

so if i get second entry entry for my visa in immigratrion office will i be allowed to stay in Thailand up to 60 days more when im back from trip ?

If you have a visa entry suspect Nong Khai immigration will issue (believe separate office from crossing). If you have an extension of stay you should obtain from office you obtained extension.

so if i get second entry entry for my visa in immigratrion office will i be allowed to stay in Thailand up to 60 days more when im back from trip ?

You told us that you had a single entry tourist visa . When entering Thailand a 60 day permission to stay was granted by immigration. This can be extended by 30 days on application at a local immigration office.

You cannot obtain a second entry from immigration !

If another 60 day stay is wanted you must leave Thailand and get another tourist visa. On return to Thailand another 60 day permission to stay will be given.

You told us that you had a single entry tourist visa . When entering Thailand a 60 day permission to stay was granted by immigration. This can be extended by 30 days on application at a local immigration office.

You cannot obtain a second entry from immigration !

If another 60 day stay is wanted you must leave Thailand and get another tourist visa. On return to Thailand another 60 day permission to stay will be given.

http://www.thaivisa.com/re-entry-permit.html

what about this?

A re entry permit allows exit and re entry during an already approved period (permission to stay date)

It does not provide any additional time in country.

On return you will be permitted to stay up to the date already stamped in your passport.(permission to stay date)

You will not receive any extra time !

Edited by Sceptict11