My thai gf is obsessed with her mobile phone and its annoying me

ghworker2010

My current thai lady girl friend is annoying me with her mobile phone obsession. I speculate that at birth she had a 2nd umbilical cord attached to a Samsung. She can’t stop looking at the thing, playing with it and taking calls all the time from her friends.

The following is quoted from a website I was reading on the internet and I think its accurate:

The 'mobile phone addiction' doesn't only have Thai girls under it's spell. Most girls under 30 are infected with this disease...especially Asian ones. For the most part I think that generation have limited social skills when out in public and use the iphones as security blankets so they don't have to engage in any eye contact with other bland mortals of the world. They'd be in rehab if you took their phones away from them for a day.

My gf is aged in her early 20’s and is a solid 8 out of 10 in the looks and body department. Thus, I suppose I must persist with the relationship and accept that there are pro’s and con’s to all relationships. Its just hard because I know that I'm a perfect person and all that...

Do you have any experiences yourself with this problem?

• Like 1

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It usually only happens when the guy isn't interesting enough and there are not many common interests. That is what you get if you go for looks only.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Absolutely, Robblok.

I have rarely caught sight of my GF's phone. But she is a looker, nonetheless.

• Like 1

Have you tried telling her to put it away?

If you have and she refuses she doesn't respect you and the fact she's constantly on her phone means you don't interest her much either.

If I'm with a girl who's checking her phone too much I comment on in jokey manner at first to see if they take the hint, many do, if not I tell her to stop being rude and put the phone away for the rest of the night, they always comply.

Most women however if they are having a good time with you and enjoying your company won't even look at the phone aside from the odd glance every hour or so which I don't mind.

• Like 1

My gf is aged in her early 20’s and is a solid 8 out of 10 in the looks and body department.

It might be because you don't score equally.

Then again you are in a better position to judge that.

"....and use the iphones as security blankets so they don't have to engage in any eye contact with other bland mortals of the world"

I think this is a very valid point.

And I apply it too sometimes........reading some news on my phone is more interesting than looking at dismal faces or people with angry/disapproving/annoyed looks just because

they happen to cross my line of sight.

Also, I understand people, particularly Thai people, don't like to be 'stared' at. So, what am I supposed to look at then in a crowded MRT?

Often it seems Thai people consider half a second already 'staring'.

• Like 1

It is becoming a worldwide problem. Constant useage even when out on the streets - crazy

And in the cinema. concerts, transport My mrs is on it now and it's not just the number of calls but the time-two hours is not uncommon. All women friends, what do they find to talk about. It's most annoying when watching a film at home and the calls keep coming or when eating. I have got her to switch it to not ringing at least sometimes, terrible addiction.

Went to a funeral recently and when the time came to march around the cremation site girls were still on the phone while walking around, not very respectfull

• Like 2

It is becoming a worldwide problem. Constant useage even when out on the streets - crazy

And in the cinema. concerts, transport My mrs is on it now and it's not just the number of calls but the time-two hours is not uncommon. All women friends, what do they find to talk about. It's most annoying when watching a film at home and the calls keep coming or when eating. I have got her to switch it to not ringing at least sometimes, terrible addiction.

Went to a funeral recently and when the time came to march around the cremation site girls were still on the phone while walking around, not very respectfull

Nor is pushing in front at Tesco's but..........biggrin.png . Yesterday went to Tesco, l am at the till and the woman behind me put her stuff with mine w00t.gif , sooooo, the teller was lifting stuff up to scan, looking at me, l said '' yes no yes no no no yes no yes yes no'', and so it went on laugh.png . I have learned to blank that stuff out now, let them do what they want except drink my beer. whistling.gif

• Like 1

You're too boring and she is just hanging around for the money. It's probably what she is talking to her friends about all the time.

Did you buy her the phone?

You should be thankful she is not nagging you instead. Buy her a bigger phone.

• Like 2

I think that you two don't really have that much in common, maybe there is also a language barrier? Is that from day one you are together? Or is it new behaviour? You are only talking about her looks, what about her personality? Do you know her a little bit? I mean, do you know what she likes

Are you joking?

She does not care at all about him and just shows rude behaviour.

If he is a man, he would either educate her, or dump her and get a better behaving girl.

Only white knights and other losers do what you suggest