Palm tree doctor to save a large coconut palm - resource or advice please

siamjimi

TV girls and guys - your a great audience for resourcing local talent and services in the many areas of Thailand.

I am located in Pattaya and need a tree doctor of sorts - rather a "Palm Doctor"

I hope I am not too late - the yard guy trimmed too many branches off a rather large tall palm a couple months ago and it has been slowly dying since - not sure what he was thinking when I wanted him to only trim 3 or 4 lower palm branches.

Anyone have any advice how to save my palm ? - it has 1 green palm branch left and its about to die - hope I am not too late

I am no expert but try adding cow shit around the tree and give it water (well lots of rain right now so maybe not necessary).

Then you wait and cross your fingers.

I had one dying on me, it was eaten up from the inside by termites, nothing to do about it.

Good luck with your tree, big mature trees makes a garden nice.

The other night, there was just a tv program about dying palms, and if you travel between BKK and Pattaya, you will see from the road, many that are dying, with the lower branches all dead. There is a bug that is eating the branches from the inside. So maybe your tree has the same problem, I have seen a few on the east side that seem to have the same looking dead branches.

Hey Lenny, was that a joke, or were you serious? Furadan seems to be some very toxic stuff, but then if dogs and birds are eating the tree, then it may be ok to use, since it seems to kill everything.

No joke, that's the stuff we use! very effectivethumbsup.gif