Nong Hoi - Living there, what's it like?

stament

Just wondering what Nong Hoi was like and what amenities, restaurants, etc are there - is it a quiet area? Is it easily accessible from CM and to CM? Is it a good place to live? I'm interested in all the pros and cons and what sort of property I can get for say 5-10k THB?

Thanks in advance as usual

I've lived in the area for about 2 years, I rent a 3 bed 2 bath house with garden for 9k per month. It's not a bad area, good access to the major super markets (Big C and Makro), it's not over run with great restaurants or bars, but has a reasonable selection. 3 Rimping markets within reach. As for flooding I wouldn't know because as yet haven't had any yet, although I did hear the other side of the highway was flooded the year before last.

Good access to 2 highways going into town and also Chan Klan, plus access to airport etc. So all in as far as Thai neighborhoods go I would say it's pretty good.

Have you checked the cost of sending a child to that school. If your budget is 5,000 baht for house rental, you will never be able to afford that private school

Perhaps the OP's accommodation budget is influenced by the school costs - many would say that's the right approach. wink.png

Anyhow, VCS's fees are broadly in line with the other decent private schools and they are the only choice if you want the option of switching to a recognised International syllabus in the closing stages of Prathom so, given that Nong Hoi offers easy access and pretty cheap housing, I'd say his investigation makes good sense.

Have you checked the cost of sending a child to that school. If your budget is 5,000 baht for house rental, you will never be able to afford that private school

It's a very average cost. Only the full international program is expensive (and probably not worth it). Regular program and English Program are priced just fine.

Interesting news article with your photo-thanks.

Glad she was unhurt and I see she planned to sue whoever is responsible for the trees.

Did you ever watch the very funny Billy Connolly film 'The Man who Sued God'? Worth a look-much of it filmed at a beaut place in South East Australia called Bermagui- also worth a look!

• Like 1