Yingluck defends her choice of discoloured jacket

Lite Beer

I can just imagine what that evil little despot in Dubai is thinking - "It worked ! They are actually talking about what the little puppet is wearing, not about the carnage she is wreaking on Thailand. How dumb can they get" ?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

JoeThePoster, on 15 Sept 2013 - 06:46, said:

PM Yingluck Shinawatra seen wearing the much-talked-about jacket as she is about to descend the aircraft in Milan earlier in the week. The photo is taken from Yingluck

So, the plane landed on top of the Duomo.

Yeah, and judging from the the guy's hand gesture next to her, he is like asking "Perché??" :)

Perché Burberry? No Prada.

Discoloured jacket, she is only showing that she is poor and also wears seconds just like the ordinary folk whilst visiting Milan and shopping for fashions.

A little off topic but is this woman ever in Thailand? Only ever see photo's of her jet setting around to exotic locations and walking down shopping strips. Isn't it the functions of her trade ministers and foreign ministers to do what he is claiming to do.

She is far from poor and the jacket is not a second, and the ordinary folk visiting Milan aren't either. Grow up

The premier yesterday posted her view on Facebook stating: "I arrived in Milan and had the chance to wear a tailored jacket with silk fabrics from [Her Majesty the Queen's] Arts and Crafts International Centre of Thailand [in Ayutthaya]. It was flooded in 2010 and led to the different colours seeping onto the fabric thus creating a new pattern that I wear today."

Well done.

Her own woman. No one tells her what to do. thumbsup.gif

Apparently after her trip to Italy she was asked

if she liked cappuccino to which she replied that

she did not get time to visit, but was sure it was

as beautiful as the rest of the country.

Oh lord, I first heard that one when shaq was on tour with the lakers. rolleyes.gif

Discoloured jacket, she is only showing that she is poor and also wears seconds just like the ordinary folk whilst visiting Milan and shopping for fashions.

She is far from poor and the jacket is not a second, and the ordinary folk visiting Milan aren't either. Grow up

You missed his point. He is on about her trying, not being....

Like the time she ate lunch from the local canteen to show how normal she is, then ordered one dish from every seller so no one would be seen as preferential and ended up with a long table full of wasted food. :)

Finally, she has some knowledge of the subject matter, I'll bet she feels very smart indeed being able to answer the questions posed.

Has she lost the plot or something? It actually looks ridiculous, and with that smile She looks slightly crazed!

Seriously I thought she had a nasty accident with a box of matches,in her pocket.

Before photo..........

Looks like she's copping a grab of more than the bottom

of the shirt.

BTW...Is this the jacket she wore when she met Obama?

I'd like to know because I have these Lewinski-Clinton

images in my mind...especialy Lewinski's stained dress.

Just saying!

• Like 1

What a masterstroke of PR by Yingluck. Putting aside the feelings of foreign expats in Thailand (which Thai politicians do on a daily-to-lifetime basis), what gesture could say 'I'm one of you and I'm proud' to the Thai people better than wearing flood-ruined Thai silk. She couldn't have done better if she'd gone round to every household in Thailand for tea.

It must have taken some balls to wear that suit and no doubt it would have made an impression of some sort with the foreign dignitaries she met, but make no mistake, this was all about her consolidating support in Thailand.

Yingluck haters should acknowledge this particular skill of Yingluck/PTP and be asking why the Dems can't be as imaginative and creative in formulating a response to the PTP PR steamroller. Every large party in the west depends on PR - are the Dems 'above' it, or just hopelessly inept in the face of modernity?

Give Yingluck a break folks!

As a guest in this country, I try and avoid getting involved in Thai Politics but come-on....be fair, I think this time, she knew exactly what she was doing and her choice of jacket was perfect. It got everybody's attention and she was also able to Promote the Thai Silk Industry. Think about it before you start kicking the poor woman in the guts at every opportunity.

Give politics a rest and be glad she isn't another Julia Gillard.... then YOU would have cause to worry.

Well when it comes to style in clothing I for one will give her a break.

When it comes to shirking her duties as PM I will not give her a break. She is the PM and should be in Bangkok where the Government is not traveling around the world trying to sell rice. I thought the cabinet had a minister in charge of those things.

She is the minister of defense suppose the Yellow shirts get resurrected and start a war with Cambodia. She should be in Bangkok not some third world country trying to sell rice.

As a politician I give her a 10% success rate. As a world traveler in style I give her a 100% success rate.

Dollars to donuts: It will catch on and flood stained silk clothing will become next year's hot item.

Factories will open just to synthetically flood damage silk, and there will be patents issued for the different processes. Universities will have classes in how to make it look real.

Sadly, we might just have witnessed the Prime Minister's greatest contribution to the Thai economy sofar....

At least it keeps her away from parliamentary debate and the damage she could do...

The premier yesterday posted her view on Facebook stating:

Brilliant and classic, the PM of Thailand gives her views on facebook and expects to be taken seriously, I bet Bart Simpson is laughing his ass off singing sky blue pink with yellow dots on, oh and a bit of green...clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

Your wrinkles are showing. Look up most world leaders and you'll find they have a facebook presence, as silly as it sounds to us geriatrics. UK, Australia, Israel, Singapore, just to name a few....

• Like 1