Recent Transport Disasters Blamed On Spirits

Lite Beer

Come , Thai- apologists! Where are you?

Such nice tradition and culture and if you don't like it: go home!

Aren't you dlad, you are not living in a nanny- state, where everything is regulated?

Be a little advetorous, huh?!coffee1.gif

We know that statements of fact and description of reality may (and have been) deemed to be disrespectful of Thailand and its culture. Such as:

1- Thais believe that Spirits can and rule life. Fact!

2- Thailand has systemic corruption: Fact!

3- Thailand has peculiar quirks about their understanding of maintenance: Fact!

4- Thailand has a dismal antiquated (19th century) railways record: 12 derailments in one month:

5- Fact! Motorcycles on the footpaths endangering the lives of pedestrians: Fact!

Oh! I guess some like to place the thumb in front of their eyes to block the sunlight of truth.wai.gif

The only item I have a glitch with is #2...systemic corruption.

Actually corruption is endemic in LOS.....FYI that.

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This isn't related to the TG skid at Swampy however...
it does relate to a probable cause of why TG went off
the runway's end since the landing gear had been
misbehaving for some time....
This video is about Dynasty flight 611 that disappeared
from radar back in 2002...

Plus here's the Wiki link on the flight...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/China_Airlines_Flight_611

Shoddy maintenance 22 years earlier caused the crash;

something to think about besides "spirits".

Just goes to show how many farangs really don't understand the "Thai mind". You must be here just for the ladies. Hope the curse that your Isaan bargirl GF puts on you doesn't come true. The consensus here is that either religion is a sham, Thais believe in the tooth fairy, etc. It's animism--not Buddhism, and it's the oldest, most ubiquitous belief system in the world.

You don't have to believe in what they do, but when you mock it, you just show how superior you are to "them".

Can't you just suspend your superiority for a moment and replace it with anthropological curiosity?

Most of the comments sound as if they were made by British East India Company employees on a tear through Asia.

sorry to disapoint you but not all farang are here for Issan girl or thai wife ....or bar girls in general .... but let me ask you a question .. do you really believe a bad spirit has cause the TG flight problem ? if you answer Yes ... then I have nothing to ad , I will only feel sorry for you ...in general !

The jokes by Thailand's CEO's getting better day by day!clap2.gifcheesy.gif

It sometimes seems that these spokesmen actually WANT Thailand to be thought of as a third world country......

Will the "evil spirits crashed my plane" impress the international air transport safety experts? Will it impress the Star Alliance board?

I am starting to think that maybe THAI should be given a "holiday" from Star Alliance. After all, Star Alliance now has EVA as well as SIA as members. So is Thai really important any more? If Star Alliance needs excuses for poor performance in asia, it still has AIR CHINA and its subsidiaries to fall back on...

Previously, Thai Rath has reported that a ghost in "traditional costume" (which strangely resembles the outfit Thai Airways flight attendants wear) has helped evacuate the passengers from the aircraft shortly after it slid off the runway.

Must have been an air ghostess!

Shame he wasn't flying the plane to start with...... or maybe he was?????

I have no problem with the Monks and others doing their spiritual, religious thing. I do have a problem when the people who are actually supposed to use science, engineering and reasoning rely on this stuff.

Very scary; light 3 incense sticks and then drive a van at 140 Km/hr.

And therein lies the problem, laugh at Thais spirits the west is equally as dumb with religion, all nonsense no proof nothing, zilch, nada, YET we must not offend these religious people for their "beliefs" .what utter crap!!

Just goes to show how many farangs really don't understand the "Thai mind". You must be here just for the ladies. Hope the curse that your Isaan bargirl GF puts on you doesn't come true. The consensus here is that either religion is a sham, Thais believe in the tooth fairy, etc. It's animism--not Buddhism, and it's the oldest, most ubiquitous belief system in the world.

You don't have to believe in what they do, but when you mock it, you just show how superior you are to "them".

Can't you just suspend your superiority for a moment and replace it with anthropological curiosity?

Most of the comments sound as if they were made by British East India Company employees on a tear through Asia.

sorry to disapoint you but not all farang are here for Issan girl or thai wife ....or bar girls in general .... but let me ask you a question .. do you really believe a bad spirit has cause the TG flight problem ? if you answer Yes ... then I have nothing to ad , I will only feel sorry for you ...in general !

Why do some posters have to always bring the subject of "bar girls" into unconnected threads: or feel the need to emphasize that they're not here for the girls ( maybe they should say they're not here for the ladyboys and boys as well to be extra safe!)? Perhaps they think saying the're not here for the "girls" adds to the credibility of their post?

Superstitions are a big part of the daily life in many religions. I've seen examples of this in India, China, Italy, Ireland and the US as well as Thailand.

Have a look and see how many catholic football players cross themselves before running onto the pitch or scoring a goal; in an Indian business we had to have a religious ceremony because of a number of fatal road accidents involving employees - they said we'd upset the spirits and needed to placate them.

Usually the superstitions are more pronounced in the less well educated and more impoverished nations.

If you are an atheist then you won't believe in any of this. If you have beliefs, regardless of which religion or creed you follow, you should respect others views.

Here, the CEO is no doubt using this as a convenient excuse, and will in the minds of many Thais, be tempting karma.

"Managing Director of Thai Aiways, Mr. Sorajak Kasemsuvan, is not taking chances. He said his company will conduct a major ceremony to appease the malevolent spirits said to be haunting the airport."

The man is a moron of the 5th order.

Nobody seems to have taken Techboy's "Father, Son and Holy Ghost" bait. Pity, I was hoping to hear about the merits of angels and saints and things .....

If the rumor is true, I heard Father Christmas was out in front of the airbus on his sled guiding the plane in landing lights being provided by the tooth fairy

No you are mistaken it was the hobgoblin and my hobgoblin is the only god + you must respect my "belief"

Why feel sorry for him...he can join the circus and feel kinship.

They can believe in it all they want....but admitting it to the world...well, they have just lost a further ???% of there possible new travelling public....oh and $$$$

No, I can not!

If you buy a Tamagochi or a ghost baby or whatever and believe, that the gates of hell will open for you , if you don't feed it or pet it or do-whatever-the -hell- you -want-with-it...or if you pray to an invisible sky- being or write letters to Santa Claus - that is up to you and none of my business.

But if an AIRLINE or the authorities of an AIRPORT, who have responsibilities for millions of people, try to tell me, that accidents are NOT caused by false judgement, human error, neglect, inefficient maintenance but by evil spirits and they try to "cure" the problem not by learning, thorough investigation and better maintenance, but by building SPIRIT CONDOS...that is, where the fun (and my tolerance) ends!

Do hokospokus in your own house, with your own family as much as you want OR exclusively transport other dorks, who believe in the flying spaghetti monster.

I happen to be a pastafarian and I can't abide you disparaging the Great Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please cease and desist or may the curse of the limp noodle be upon you.

• Like 1

"Managing Director of Thai Aiways, Mr. Sorajak Kasemsuvan, is not taking chances. He said his company will conduct a major ceremony to appease the malevolent spirits said to be haunting the airport."

The man is a moron of the 5th order.

How many other airlines are lining up to join this activity ?

Can you imagine if the MD of Qantas tried to explain away the engine failure just out of Singapore a couple years ago by blaming it on ghosts or gods. He would be out on his ear. Those on here who expect any less accountability from a Thai are simply engaging in bigotry of lowered expectations.

Of course not. This is about easing the minds of the Thai nationals that are the main customers--not farangs. Ghost appeasement rituals are not unique to Thailand. They do this in Japan, Taiwan, China, etc.

YOU might not believe that evil spirits cause these accidents, but the THAIS do.

That said--yes, they need to fix the airplanes, but the Thai people also need their animist belief in evil spirits to be assuaged.

Full disclosure--My ex GF's family was deeply into the Thai dark arts. I was exposed to it for years and wrote a book about it and my experience with them.

So, yeah, it's THEIR reality. Shift your paradigm to something other than your Western ways (and superiority) and you might learn more about the culture.

This isn't about the planes--it's about the customers who fly in them.

Awaiting more Richard Dawkins acolytes. I really enjoy hearing about pasta monsters.

Edited by KuhnPaen

Of course not. This is about easing the minds of the Thai nationals that are the main customers--not farangs. Ghost appeasement rituals are not unique to Thailand. They do this in Japan, Taiwan, China, etc.

YOU might not believe that evil spirits cause these accidents, but the THAIS do.

That said--yes, they need to fix the airplanes, but the Thai people also need their animist belief in evil spirits to be assuaged.

Full disclosure--My ex GF's family was deeply into the Thai dark arts. I was exposed to it for years and wrote a book about it and my experience with them.

So, yeah, it's THEIR reality. Shift your paradigm to something other than your Western ways (and superiority) and you might learn more about the culture.

Awaiting more Richard Dawkins acolytes. I really enjoy hearing about pasta monsters.

You still don't get it, do you?

It is not about that they might do it!

Do it <deleted>!

Kill a goat if you have to or nail a dead cat to the nose of the plane, if that helps!

But what Thai Airways did so far is a mess and a disaster and talking out loud, that they make evil spirits responsible for the mess is a big fat joke!

It starts with painting over the logo, lying about that being standard procedure for Star Alliance and practized the world over, lying about Airbus -statements, neglecting Airbus- advice and now this voodoo- story about spirits and ghost-condos!

Blaming everyone and everything and never accept responsibility and coming up with the most stupid cr2p of all to appease all other yahoos, who don't believe in modern technology!

I bet the many, many international passengers (!!!)will be happy to hear , that Thai basically Fxxxxd up everything until now, but is now trying to appease the ghosts!

...and Thais, no matter how many ghost- babies the have or make, should be very happy and extremely proud, too!

Hooray for Thainess!

While initial investigation pointed to a malfunctioned landing gear (the officials have not yet finished their inquiry), the Managing Director of Thai Aiways, Mr. Sorajak Kasemsuvan, is not taking chances. He said his company will conduct a major ceremony to appease the malevolent spirits said to be haunting the airport.

Thai Airways International planes should be banned from EU airports until this man is removed from his post.

They can believe whatever they like. When they're responsible for a company that moves thousands of tonnes of metal over densely populated areas every single day of the year, such an attitude marks them as unfit for that position.